August 2015 Moms

Bath time

How to keep LO safe during the bath time? We had to retire infant bath tub, because Lucas wanted to sit up, so now he sits on the mat- but he is way too squirmy and tries to stand or dive down with his face, don't know how to make bath tub safe?any ideas?

Re: Bath time

• I have an inflatable duck that has been working out really well. I think it's the infantino brand. We got it at target. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an inflatable whale that I put in the bath tub and it works perfect, we use it every night. Fills up fast and keeps his toys close by.  I also have one of those ring tub seats for when he gets a little bitter, it suctions to the bottom of the tub.
  • Loading the player...
  • lrwardrop said:
    I have an inflatable whale that I put in the bath tub and it works perfect, we use it every night. Fills up fast and keeps his toys close by.  I also have one of those ring tub seats for when he gets a little bitter, it suctions to the bottom of the tub.
    Where did you get the tub seat? I've been on the look out for one and I haven't found it yet. I thought maybe they stopped making those. My LO can't quite sit without support.
  • lrwardrop said:
    I have an inflatable whale that I put in the bath tub and it works perfect, we use it every night. Fills up fast and keeps his toys close by.  I also have one of those ring tub seats for when he gets a little bitter, it suctions to the bottom of the tub.
    Where did you get the tub seat? I've been on the look out for one and I haven't found it yet. I thought maybe they stopped making those. My LO can't quite sit without support.

I haven't seen them in stores, just on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Safe-Bath-Ring-Anti/dp/B01B9UJA6E/ref=sr_tnr_p_4_166737011_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1457361261&sr=8-4&keywords=tub+seat+baby

• Thank you, ladies!
  • Thanks. It looks like they all take a month to arrive LO will probably be sitting up better then. I have the inflatable duck tub I think I'll start using. BTW my son's name is Lucas too. :smile: 
  • I've been hopping in the tub with my lo. We do baths when DH is around to hand her to me and catch her. She loves to splash and kick and gets pretty wild in the water so this way I can have both hands on her. She sits on her own, but I could see her taking a dive. 
  • We use a tub seat too. Amazon to the rescue
  • MEMarnMEMarn member
    edited March 2016
    @missliz53We do the exact same thing! Works great for us, but it's definitely a two person job. 
  • I have the Keter bath seat, expensive, but worth it. 
  • Usually I put Harper on her back or her tummy since the sitting position is too slippery. I've also been doing some kitchen sink baths too.
  • I still use his infant tub.   It had insert I could remove so we can use it still now that he sits up.  Which is a back saver for mama! Lol. I will sometimes use the kitchen sink too 
  • He is officially going straight in the tub now, he loves pushing himself back and forth and splashing! This one is going to be my water baby, DD was mortified of baths, and even at almost 5 now panics during showers haha
  • The inflatable duck has been a lifesaver. We ordered it off Amazon. It's a great way to transition from infant to adult tub. 
  • onaedonaed member
    Do you use something to inflate it or do you blow it up yourself?
  • We use the bath seats, and found it at a used baby items store in town. SO WORTH IT- had we known how great it would be we would have paid full price for it, too (glad we didn't have to though). She can still splash and have fun, but I'm not needing to support her in the big tub anymore. We were in the bathroom sink with the puj tub until about 3 weeks ago- it was getting ridiculous she was SO squished!