Nurseries and Baby Gear

Advice on keeping the cat out of the crib

Hi all! We haven't put the crib up yet (21 weeks pregnant) but when we do, I want to keep the cat out of the crib from the start. Has anyone used a crib net before? Any suggestions on keeping the cat out are welcome.

Re: Advice on keeping the cat out of the crib

• Keep the cat out of the room. Either keep the door shut or high enough baby gate that the cat can't jump it. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• redfallon said:
    Keep the cat out of the room. Either keep the door shut or high enough baby gate that the cat can't jump it. 
    This. 

Once we set up the crib, we mostly stored all of the baby stuff in the crib because we were really short on space. Once the room was more organized and it was closer to my due date we just kept the door shut or kept a close eye on the cat if we were home. She's not really a jumper though, so we didn't have much trouble with her. She did get in the crib a couple of times once baby was here (not with him in it- if he was in the crib the door was always shut) but that was really it. Sorry I don't have any experience with nets or anything like that. 

good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Put metal clothes hangers in it spread out so if the cat jumps in they clink off each other and scare it. Or lay tape across the bed sticky side up so if it jumps in its gets stuck. It won't like it and will hopefully only do it once or twice before it gives up and finds a different sleeping spot. 
  • Put tinfoil sheets inside and on top of all things you don't want cats jumping in. The noise and texture will scare them if they do it, and train them to stay away!
  • We set up our fairly early (end of 2nd tri) to see if it would even be a problem. The cat never even tried to get in.  She did think the changing pad on the dresser was a comfy bed. Maybe you won't even have a problem.