Pregnant after IF

January/February IVF success group :)

Re: January/February IVF success group :)

• Cmartin6706Cmartin6706 member
    edited March 2016
    DW is having stomach unhappiness but not actually up chucking yet (she's been very close a few times). Today I picked up seabands for her and made some DIY magnesium "oil". Magnesium is suppose to help with morning sickness and fatigue although I know it makes us both feel more at ease when she has symptoms. Other than that she's doing pretty well. The fatigue is out of this world. Of course, heartburn too. 

We are 5 weeks, 3 days tomorrow and have another ultrasound in the morning. We are very excited but also nervous that there won't be any change. At this point, and with our HCG numbers, we should see yoke sacks at least. We are hoping for early heartbeats. 
    ***Loss and success mentioned***
    Me:34, Wife: 32
    IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
    IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
    IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
    Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
    Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
    Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
    IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
    2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
    2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @sassysd7 congrats on the twins!

For symptoms I've been dealing with some serious exhaustion. I've had some off and on nausea and just not interest in food, which is very unlike me! I've been dealing with a sinus infection too this past week so that isn't helping anything. 

I will be six weeks tomorrow and will have my first ultrasound Thursday. I am so looking forward to that. 

I'm curious when do you guys plan to tell your employer?
  • Loading the player...
  • @minnie1155 I was thinking I would share the news with my co-workers once I get through the first tri. 
  • @Minnie1155 I'm going to tell them at 12 weeks. I know I shouldn't be worried but I am a little nervous to tell them I'll be out for 3 months. 
  • Well, DW told her supervisor yesterday (5 weeks, 1 day) but only bc she does quite a bit of travel for her position as a scientist. She was scheduled to fly to Ireland in mid-April (11 weeks along) but not only is she carrying twins but she also has a blood-clotting disorder that makes it stressful for her to fly as it is. We decided not to have her go so they had to decide whether to send someone in her place. They decided not to. My wife is the Associate Director of her program so it wasn't surprising that she had to talk about it early. They have to plan early for all the research projects and presentations she is working on. Not to mention, people were starting to worry about her being out and not feeling well. 
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

• My immediate coworkers know, only because I'm a pharmacist so it was kinda impossible to have them not know while I was needing coverage for an hour in the morning during monitoring appointments. I don't plan on telling my supervisor until maybe 4 months though.....
  • Just back from the ultrasound. Two beautiful babies still growing strong. Two very clear yoke sacks and one very tiny fetal pole. We aren't worried at all about the other. It's really too early anyway plus one sack is a few mm bigger and we got the "B team" tech vs the A team. We're excited about next week. We'll likely see heartbeats then. Very excited and feeling hopeful. 

DW got a few trial meds for her morning sickness. It's a mix of Vitamin B and an antihistamine. We're going to try it. We were reading it's very important for twin pregnancies to gain weight in the first and second trimester. Right now DW isn't eating much. 

• @Cmartin6706 how exciting! So glad your 2 little ones are doing well. 

We had a scare this morning. I had some spotting when I woke up. I, of course, started crying immediately -- these hormones are really doing a number on me. Texted my RE and he told me to come in today to do a quick U/S. We got to see the gestational sac and yolk sac in the right spot with no signs of separation so that was reassuring! I'm only 5w3d so no heartbeat seen yet.. but that's expected. We're going in for our scheduled u/s next thursday so that we can hopefully see the heartbeat then. The spotting stopped but holy moly I have never cried so hard and been so scared. Doc says some light non-sustained spotting is very common in the first trimester -- but he took me off my baby aspirin anyway. Hope everyone is doing well on symptoms and taking it easy! 

OH and new HCG today was 9913 so that was reassuring too!

***Trigger Warning :: Success Mentioned***

Me: 31 ~ DH: 30

Married September 2012, TTC since Jan 2014

Me: Endometriosis // DH: MFI (low sperm count)

06/15 :: IUI #1 - BFN, took a break after this

12/15 :: started first IVF, egg retrieval and PGS

2/12/16 :: 5 day blast FET

2/24/16 :: Beta #1 533

2/26/16 :: Beta #2 1716!!  :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Cmartin6706 so glad your ultrasound went well today! Hope the medications will help your wife!

@pugmama915 so sorry you had that happen, that sounds scary. I'm glad your ultrasound looked good though! 

I am not so patiently waiting for my ultrasound tomorrow! Anyone else have appointments coming up? I feel like someone else has their first ultrasound tomorrow too!
  • Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited March 2016
    @Minnie1155 I have an ultrasound tomorrow but it's my 3rd. I'm still anxious with each one though. I can't wait to hear to your update on your little bean!
  • Oh that's me @minnie1155!!!! Lol my first ultrasound is at 1:30. My stomach is already doing flips I'm so nervous. Praying for nothing but good news for us tomorrow! 
    Congrats @Cmartin6706 and @pugmama915 on the excellent ultrasounds!!! So glad everyone in this group is getting good news!!!
    good luck to you tomorrow too @jerseygirl856!!!
  •  I also have an U/S tomorrow. It's my second one.
  • @laur24444 thank you! Good luck to you too! 
  • @jerseygirl856 that's so exciting having your third! How far along are you now?

@selena2016 and exciting for your second!

@laur2444 I feel the same way, so nervous. Mine is first thing in the morning so that's good, I'm just anxious about going to work after. 

Fingers crossed that we all have great ultrasounds today!!
  • Good luck with all of the ultrasounds today!!
    I finally got my third beta results! 
    5w4d hCG 30,460

First US will be Monday! Exciting!
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    IVF #1 November/December 2015:
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    IUI #1 December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #2 January/February 2016
    02-10-16: 5 day transfer of two 5AA blasts
    02-18-16: Beta #1 204 - BFP!!
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    03-07-16 First US!! :) TWINS!!
    05-06-16 Gender Reveal US - Boy and Girl! 
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

• @Minnie1155 I'm 6w6d. My RE does ultrasounds early when the beta is high. Then weekly until you graduate. I just returned from my follow up and all is well with my LO. Heart rate is getting stronger and s/he has tripled in size! 
    @wenikilina wow now that's a high beta! Are you thinking multiples?? Congrats! 
  • Hey everyone. Been MIA for a bit as work and the house stuff has been kicking my butt. Very, very excited about everyone's good news and positive updates. I'm 7 weeks 2 days and other than peeing a lot and the odd cramp I still haven't been having any symptoms which continues to freak me out. I keep hoping I'll start vomiting or something so I know my little buddy is still in there! I have my 2nd ultrasound in a week. Waiting sucks.

Congrats again on everyone's good betas and ultrasounds  <3
  • @laur2444 yay! So happy for you! My last appt with my RE is on 3/10. It's bitter sweet cause I really like my RE and his office staff. 
  • Thanks @jerseygirl856!!! Yes I feel the same way I LOVE my RE!
    @morningstar80 it sounds like we are the same person! This is literally how I feel too! It's so scary! When they showed me the heartbeat it was such a huge relief!!
  • So happy for everyone's good ultrasounds today! Mine went well too, they didn't say what the baby was measuring at but that everything looked on track and the heartbeat was at 100. It was amazing to see that! We go back next Thursday and if all is good I will be discharged to a regular OB at that point. I agree with you both @jerseygirl856 and @laur2444 I love my RE and don't want to switch! 

I was also offered today the option of switching to vaginal progesterone, anyone else use this or have been offered it? I was told I will continue PIO until like mid April or so, the idea of not having a shot every night is appealing but I don't know much about the alternative. 
  • Yayyyyyy @minnie1155!!!! So happy everything went great for you too! It really was such an amazing moment. I actually used vaginal crinone when I was doing my IUIs....I don't know even though taking the shots kinda stinks, I think I like it better. I know the both do the same thing, but I feel more secure and comfortable doing the injection since that's what we have been using this whole time. No huge issues with the vaginal one though....only thing was I would do it at night and in the morning id have to "clean myself" because it would get all clumpy and chunky overnight (I know tmi kinda gross sorry! Lol)
  • @laur2444 congrats on a great ultrasound! That's so exciting to see your little one's heartbeat! Exciting to be able to graduate to regular OB but I understand the feeling. I love my RE too.

@wenikilina omg that's a super high beta! Sounds like twins!

***Trigger Warning :: Success Mentioned***

Me: 31 ~ DH: 30

Married September 2012, TTC since Jan 2014

Me: Endometriosis // DH: MFI (low sperm count)

06/15 :: IUI #1 - BFN, took a break after this

12/15 :: started first IVF, egg retrieval and PGS

2/12/16 :: 5 day blast FET

2/24/16 :: Beta #1 533

2/26/16 :: Beta #2 1716!!  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited March 2016
    Yay @Minnie1155! I was checking for your update and am thrilled to see all is well for you too! Seeing the heartbeat is the only thing that calms my nerves. I was using both PIO and Crinone but was told to stop the PIO today. I'm relieved because my rear end is all kinds of lumpy and itchy. I'm used to the suppository and all the mess that comes along with it but it's so worth it. I just buy plenty of liners and change them frequently. I agree @laur24444 every couple of days I have to do some digging (sorry tmi) out to get rid of the old gel. 
  • Thank you @laur2444 and @jerseygirl856!!

I feel the same way that although the PIO is a pain, it's been working so I'm not sure if I want to change it.  An thank you for the TMI info, that's part of what I was wondering about.  They were saying I would use it in the morning so not sure how good that would be over the course of the day.

I love seeing all the positive updates with this group!
  • wenikilinawenikilina member
    edited March 2016
    @jerseygirl856 @pugmama915 Thank you! Oh my gosh! I just don't know. I am excited to find out on Monday if it is a single or multiple! 
    @Laur2444 @minnie1155 Yay, how exciting!! Glad to hear the ultrasounds are going well.

Like some of you have already mentioned, I will be so sad to leave my RE. She is so great and has been so understanding and accommodating. I feel very lucky to have had a doctor as nice as she has been to me!

***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

• @wenikilina Your numbers are higher than ours and we're having twins. It's gotta be at least two. 

For anyone still doing the progesterone injection: The oil is what is causing your sollen, itchy rears. Try warming the dose to go in by holding the syringe in your hand for a min or two before the shot. Warm oil goes in better. After the shot put a warm rice bag on the spot for a few mins. This helps the oil go into the muscle better. We've been doing this for several days now with DW and the nodules have gone away completely and she doesn't itch hardly at all. 

• Also, how exciting to hear about all the heartbeat news! We are excited to hear our LOs heartbeats next week. 

• Omg @wenikilina that beta is out of control!!! What a great day overall for all of us!!! Let's keep it going!!!
  • I haven't been around, so it was fun to catch up and see new people here too. Congrats for the great betas and u/s results!

Nausea symptoms have subsided but fatigue hasn't. Now without coffee it feels even worse to sit through meetings at work. Haven't had any spotting so far so some good news at least.

Excited and scared at the same time for the u/s next week. I wish I could figure out a way to take my mind off this but we really can't.
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Me - 33 (as of 2016) - Hysteroscopy prior to IUI attempts to remove a couple of polyps.
    DH - 35 DH tested in 2012 with abnormal morphology and low motility. Bi-lateral varicocele diagnosed with US. Surgery to fix varicocele diud not yield any positive results.
    IVF#1 (GnRH Antagonist protocol with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and 10,000IU HcG trigger)
    8 eggs retrived, 4 mature and fertilized via ICSI, 2 day-3 six-cell embryos implanted - beta < 8, BFN

IVF#2 (Long-Lupron or Down-regulation cycle with Follistim, Menopur and Lupron) - Almost had OHSS.
    17 eggs retrieved, 11 mature and fertilized with ICSI, 4 Day-3 6- and 8- cells. Implanted 2 8-cells on day 3 and let others mature to day 5. beta <15, BFN. 2 embroys ceased at cell compaction on Day 4 and were discarded.

IVF#3 - New Doctor, diagnosed with insulin resistance and prescribed metformin (GnRH Antagonist protocol with delayed Ganirelix, Follistim/Gonal-D and Menopur. Novarel/HcG trigger at 1000IU and 2500 IU HcG boosters)
    HcG 10000IU trigger on day of retrieval, HcG 2500IU 3dpo, HcG 2500IU on day of implantation (0dp5dt), HcG 2500IU at 4dp5dt

2/23 BETA#1 10dp5dt - 247! Look great but DH cautions against expectations since it could also be chemical pregnancy(boo!)
    2/25 BETA#2 12dp5dt - 604. Per betabase.info, the doubling time is 37.21 hours.
    3/9   U/S#1 (6w2d) - Yolk sac and heartbeat!!! Woo hoo!!!
    3/23 U/S#2 (8w1d) - Fetal length measuring 1.79cm. Heart beat 170bpm. Sounded like a little steam engine! Due date November 1, 2016

• Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm just wondering, am I only one who doesn't "feel" pregnant? I guess I should be happy that I'm not getting MS but the little symptoms I had, really come and go. I POAS yesterday just for peace of mind. 
  • Def. feel the same way @jerseygirl856! I wake up every day hoping I am just a little nauseous, but it hasn't hit me once yet and I will be 8 weeks Wednesday. I guess we just need to calm down and consider ourselves lucky!!
  • Had a a scare today ladies (and gentleman) and I am still trying not to freak out. I had been super fatigued all weekend. So when I felt nauseated all day with little appetite and some cramps I wasn't too worried. At about 830pm we went to the supermarket and before we started shopping I ducked into the store bathroom. I was shocked to see that I had spotted a decent amount (as in I had to throw away those undies cuz that stain wasn't coming out). I came out of the bathroom and told my DH to take me to the ER ASAP. We waited about 30 mins in the waiting room and the GYN on call saw me. I told her I was 8 weeks and that I had suddenly started spotting. She had jump up on the table and gave me a transvaginal ultrasound. Thankfully she didn't keep me in suspense and told me right away the baby was fine, saw its heartbeat and measured it at the right size for how many weeks along I am. She said to take it easy and put my feet up whenever possible, no exercising and no sex with the DH. And she told me to keep on with the progesterone supplements I'm taking. 

I have an OBGYN appt on Thursday. I hope I don't stress myself out before then worrying. It was just a horrible helpless feeling before the GYN gave us the thumbs up. Just praying now that it was simply some normal spotting and nothing more serious or a sign of problems down the road. 

• We had our first ultrasound today and you guys were definitely right. TWINS!! We are so happy and excited. Heartbeats were measured at 116 and 124. Awhhh they are perfect!! :)
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460

Anniversary

• @morningstar80 I'm glad to hear everything is fine!! What a scare you had!
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460

Anniversary

• @laur2444 I guess we are! I have an appt on Wednesday and honestly can't wait. When is your next u/s? 

@Morningstar80 I'm so happy to hear that your scare ended with good news! 

@wenikilina yay congrats for twins! 
  • Fantastic news @wenikilina !!!!! How precious!!

@morningstar80 that is so scary. Thank goodness everything is okay. I'm sure you'll feel better Thursday after your appointment!

@jerseygirl856 my next ultrasound isn't until Monday. I wish I could have one twice a week! Lol
  • @Morningstar80 I'm so sorry that sounds terrifying. I'm so glad everything turned out ok. 

@wenikilina congratulations! How exciting!

• Thanks everyone. Really appreciate your concern. Thankfully no symptoms or spotting today. Hoping that's a good sign. 

@wenikilina congrats on the twins! Wonderful news!