May 2016 Moms

Monday/Tuesday Ticker Change 2/29 & 3/1

Week/Fruit:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions For the Group:

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle?

Re: Monday/Tuesday Ticker Change 2/29 & 3/1

• sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 31/pineapple 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I think I'm more ranty this week. I cannot get comfortable and have to adjust my position in bed constantly throughout the night. I'm exhausted ALL the time. My boobs have started leaking and my feet are super swollen by the end of the day. Feeling those rolls and kicks makes everything worth it though!

Upcoming Appointments: Next Monday for a growth scan

Questions For the Group: None 

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle?
    Nesting is at an all time high for me right now. I just finished organizing the nursery yesterday and washed all of the clothes we have so far and put them away according to size. My goal for this weekend is to get the car seat bases installed in mine and H's car.

ETA: Ah! Just realized that I am now in the single digits as far as weeks left until my due date. Crazy!
  • Loading the player...
  • hellogoodbye2hellogoodbye2 member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 29 weeks / acorn squash

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Some days are good and some are bad. Some mornings all that is comfortable is to lay on my side....I feel exhausted and out of breath if I don't. I think the exhaustion I was feeling all last week was a growth spurt, thankfully, because this week I have been able to stay up later like usual. New symptom is feeling sore "down there" throughout the day. ALSO, Braxton Hicks have been more frequent and uncomfortable.

Upcoming Appointments: In a few hours! I will update how my growth scan goes.

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle? I am feeling good about progress. I don't have much to do until I need to wash/clean anything right before baby gets here!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Week/Fruit: 30/cucumber (which to me is smaller than the squash of last week but ok).

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: ummm... hemorrhoids. leave it at that.

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for a regular checkup.

Questions For the Group: for those of you who are having boys and have decided to circumsize in the hospital, when do you ask about that? Is that something I should bring up with my OB now?

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle? We worked on the nursery this weekend and it's really coming together. There are a few things we still need to buy but we'll wait until after my shower next weekend. The items we actually still NEED are car seat, diapers/wipes, a few more onesies in newborn and 0-3 sizes, bottles, first aid kit, and a few smaller items. Otherwise we are all set which is kind of hard to believe.

• @babyfmama That's a good question. We plan to circumcise in the hospital, but I have no idea about asking about it. I wonder if that's something they ask once baby is born? I need to remember to bring that up with my midwife next week!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @babyfmama We will be circumcising at the hospital. I actually plan on talking to my OB about this at our appointment next week.
  • Week/Fruit: 28/eggplant

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  The heartburn had gotten better for a couple of weeks, but it's back.  :/  Otherwise, I'm feeling great.

Upcoming Appointments:  I had an epidural consultation and pre-registration appointment with my hospital this morning, and I have my regular OB appointment on Thursday.

Questions For the Group:  For those of you who have already chosen your pediatrician, what factors went into your decision?  Did you meet with different doctors before making a decision, did you just pick one from a list provided by your doctor/midwife, etc.?  

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle?  We are still in the process of finishing the nursery. I washed the bedding, installed the mobile, and put the dust ruffle on the crib frame this weekend, but we don't have a crib mattress yet to put the sheets on. I still need to wash all the baby clothes from our shower last weekend and organize them in the dresser and closet. We still have one more shower to go (in about 3 weeks). We got so many clothes at the first shower that I'm thinking about waiting until after the next one before I wash anything. That way, I can return some of them or exchange them for different sizes if I need to. 
  • Week/Fruit: 31/pineapple or romaine lettuce 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

same old same old. Heartburn, sore and tired, wake up a ton to pee, otherwise not so bad. 

Upcoming Appointments:

tomorrow for a regular check up. Next Monday for a growth ultrasound 

Questions For the Group:

anyone having BH that are more uncomfortable? Mine went from just kind of weird to almost painful the past few days. Not many of them, and they don't continue on. Just randomly I'll get one and it doesn't feel great. 

We need to buy a few more things, but otherwise we are pretty good to go. I don't want to start washing their clothes yet, but that's the next major thing. We have birth class this weekend and I'm hoping that reminds me of anything I forgot. And we definitely need to pack hospital bags. 
  • hellogoodbye2hellogoodbye2 member
    edited February 2016
    @swflJD - what is an epidural consultation?

I asked around to my other mom friends for recommendations. We then narrowed it down to the closest pedi to us. We went to their open house and decided to go with them. They have good hours, friendly staff and doctors. We liked that they keep up to date with medical information out there too.

@sunshinebins - I have been having more uncomfortable BH's lately. I had these with my daughter all throughout 3rd tri and still had to be induced after her EDD so I am not concerned at this point. As long as they aren't doubling me over with pain or aren't coming too frequently I will not be alarmed.
  • @hellogoodbye2 It's something my hospital requires before they will give you an epidural. You can either go in for an appointment and watch a 5-minute video that explains how the epidural is administered and the potential risks, or you can wait until you are in labor and try to watch it (no thanks!). It's just an opportunity for them to go over what to expect, the risks/benefits, and have the nurse practitioner answer any questions you have about it. Even if you aren't planning to get one, they suggest that you do the consultation just in case you change your mind during labor. They also do your pre-registration at the same time, give you lots of literature on different birthing options available at the center, verify your insurance, and give you a cost estimate. 
  • @swflJD - what is an epidural consultation?

I asked around to my other mom friends for recommendations. We then narrowed it down to the closest pedi to us. We went to their open house and decided to go with them. They have good hours, friendly staff and doctors. We liked that they keep up to date with medical information out there too.

@sunshinebins - I have been having more uncomfortable BH's lately. I had these with my daughter all throughout 3rd tri and still had to be induced after her EDD so I am not concerned at this point. As long as they aren't doubling me over with pain or aren't coming too frequently I will not be alarmed.
    That's kind of what I figured. I couldn't even 100% say painful. It was just more sharp and uncomfortable than BH of the past. At one point I felt kind of shakey and it was more annoying than painful because I felt so weird. 
  • My hospital also requires a consult with the head of anesthesiology if you are over a certain BMI so they can check your spine to determine if you have too much fat for the needle to go through for either a spinal or epidural. They also do a quick dental and ENT exam (in case you need to be intubated) and go over all the risks of any type of pain medication or anesthesia. I requested this early because I knew we were doing a RCS. I almost blew off the appointment with my last pregnancy, but am glad I went because I did end up needing all those things!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sunshinebins My BH have definitely become a lot stronger lately. I had to stop on a walk with H this weekend because I got the strongest one yet. It was borderline painful!
  • @swflJDWe picked our pediatrician already, but I did an in depth approach to selecting ours because of several factors that were important to me.

We were given a list of pediatricians by the hospital baby is being born at. From there, I checked which ones were covered by our insurance, and then checked proximity to our home.

After locating ones close by, I checked reviews, background information like how many years in practice, where they went to school, etc. I narrowed down the search to 2 Dr.'s and set up meet and greets with each of them. I then asked them questions that I had found online.

In the end, we chose the 2nd Dr., not only because of his experience but how relaxed he made us feel but also because he would visit the baby in the hospital whereas the other Dr. wouldn't. 
    Hope this helps! Best of luck! 
  • Week/Fruit: 31/pineapple

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I've had the headache from hell all day today.  Like you said @sarawifenow, sleep/getting comfortable is becoming a real challenge!  On the plus side, I think baby boy is starting to prever positions other than traverse.

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday, regular OB checkup.

Questions For the Group: Nope.

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle?  By this weekend we will have painted the nursery and DDs rooms, and rearranged both rooms with old nursery furniture and DDs new bedroom set.  I've also started making lists of things I'll need for the baby and myself when we come home from the hospital.
  • @Sunshinebins With both pregnancies now I've noticed that BH contractions seem to get progressively more painful as time goes on. 
  • Week/Fruit: 28/eggplant (tomorrow)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rave - I think nesting is starting to slowly kick in. I'm getting random stuff done. Symptoms - a ton of movement, fatigue, sore for reasons I don't really understand.

Rant - I put my phone on the car this morning, and (through a long story) found that it had flown off when we got on highway so I'm now without a phone until my work can replace it, which will probably be a week or so.... what a way to start a Monday!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow for check up!

Questions For the Group: When is your target date to have the room completed? Also, when did you prepare your hospital bag?

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle? My showers are that first weekend of April so I figure I will really go hard after that. I have most furniture, but nothing on the walls. Baby has all his clothes, travel system, pack and play, etc. but still feel very unprepared.

Next - I want to go through current clothes, clean up the registries, and knock out general HH projects (mainly donating a ton of crap to get it out before we get all new stuff!)
  • JennyS86JennyS86 member
    edited March 2016
    babyfmama Circumcision: ask your OB at your next appt when they do it.  They will most likely ask you again after delivery, but go ahead and ask now!  You will have to sign a consent form before the procedure, and you may want to ask who is actually doing the circumcision.  It is good procedure to make sure your son has urinated before the procedure, and where I used to work, circs were generally done between 24 and 48hrs of age.

eta:  OBs (rather than pediatricians) do the circs because they are trained surgeons, whereas peds may not be.  OBs would get their circs done between deliveries and checking on postpartum moms.

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• JennyS86 said:
    babyfmama Circumcision: ask your OB at your next appt when they do it.  They will most likely ask you again after delivery, but go ahead and ask now!  You will have to sign a consent form before the procedure, and you may want to ask who is actually doing the circumcision.  It is good procedure to make sure your son has urinated before the procedure, and where I used to work, circs were generally done between 24 and 48hrs of age.
    thank you!
  • saraleigh2saraleigh2 member
    edited February 2016
    Re circumcision- yes ask and find out who will be doing it and how much experience they have. 

• Week/Fruit: 30w (!!!) cucumber

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Pressure. Lots of pressure. Back pain, hip pain, dance movements in my belly, tired, breathless, sleepless, achy legs and feet.

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for the normal check up

Questions For the Group:

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle? Friday DH is going out of town and I'm sending DD1 off to the ILs. My mom and I are going to tackle shampooing the couch, soaking the pack n play, cleaning out 2 drawers for DD2, buying shelving for DD2 temporarily for our room, shampooing DD's carpets, arranging clothes, arranging toys, going through DD1's toys and donating, and I'm already tired talking about this.

Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Week/Fruit: 31/ Pineapple (tomorrow)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Hip and lower back pain preventing me from sleeping about 1/2 nights. Needless to say, I'm exhausted and can't wait to be on mat leave starting at the beginningof April. 

Upcoming Appointments: I had an OB appointment this morning, nothing much exciting. We're starting prenatal courses this Saturday (it's two pretty full Saturdays). 

Questions For the Group:

The room is pretty much finished. We just need to get a diaper pail, and we're good to go. We visited family this weekend and came back with a carload of stuff (we're not having a baby shower). So I need to organize all that as it's currently all sitting in the foyer. We got lots of things that will be going in the 'playroom'. We currently have an office on the first floor that you can see into from the kitchen. We need to move the desk that's there to a little nook we have at the top of the stairs, and then organize that area. We're putting foam mats on the floor, and then putting the play pen, swing, play mat and other toys in there. 
  • Week/Fruit: 30 weeks/Cucumber

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Pressure. BH contractions. Back pain. Acid Reflux to the max. Can't breathe. Leg cramps. Foot wedged underneath ribcage, forcing my to sit up/ strand up straight at all times. Baby hiccups like 6 times a day!

Upcoming Appointments: Next Thursday.

Questions For the Group:Do you go through periods where you feel like the baby isn't moving//you think you're going into labor? I'm not typically an anxious person, but I've started noticing times where I am becoming very anxious. As a FTM, I have no clue what it's going to be like when I go into labor which is slightly stressing me out.

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle? We are actually in the process of house searching but in the mean time, we are doing the unthinkable and moving in with my in-laws. So that sort of changes things. I'm waiting until after my baby showers to see what else we still need. So basically we don't have anything set up at the moment..........
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @aehogan90 I Freaked thinking I could go into labor at anytime and was panicked at times for no reason. Anxiety is so normal. Just prepare yourself the best you can and have a game plan for spontaneous situations such as labor coming at inopportune times. The better you're prepared for any situation the less anxiety you will have mentally if the idea pops into your head. 
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Week/Fruit: 31 weeks (pineapple, I think? I forgot to check on this app)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: now that I haven't had morning sickness in about a week, the heartburn is here full blast. That's why I'm awake at 3:30am, because it is completely preventing me from sleeping. Oh, and I was on my living room floor almost unconscious the other night watching about 20 minutes of a birth documentary, so there's always that too. I'm scared that will happen when the time actually comes since I am so nervous. 

Upcoming Appointments: I have an ultrasound a week from today to check on some hydronephrosis of his kidneys. I'm really hoping it goes well, since they initially told me about it at my 19 week scan. It's been a long wait.

Questions For the Group: have any other moms been told that their LO has hydronephrosis or dilation in the kidneys? 

Well, I feel sad and overwhelmed to say this, but we hired a contractor to finish off my
    parent's daylight basement to make a nursery for LO and a new bedroom for us (DH and I are 21 & 23 and living at my parents house for the time being, it's just what works best for us right now but I still feel like a loser) anyways, they JUST started construction last week and it should be completely done in 2-3 weeks. I'll be 34 or so weeks when it's done, but it's still overwhelming since it seems like a good majority of you are done with your nurseries or getting close to being done. I can't even nest since I honestly have no where to put any of his things yet. 

(Anyways, sorry for the long post, this is my first ticker change post so I'm not exactly sure how this works)
  • I've been slacking on this thread, ladies! 

Week/Fruit: 30/cucumber? Odd...

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I haven't complained ONCE my entire pregnancy because it's been great.... Until now :( holy batman I don't think my body can stretch out anymore. I lay on my side, she thumps away and says "no!". Luckily my snoogle has helped me be able to lay mainly on my back with slight elevation as that seems to be the sweet spot. Rolling out of bed is another thing... I just don't know how I'm going to have 10 more weeks of getting bigger and even more uncomfortable. 

Upcoming Appointments: Go every 2 weeks for my doctor to tell me I'm on track. 40 minutes of driving time for 10 minutes of OB time!

Questions For the Group: none 

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle? Ummm.... Everything?? We have a crib up. Our dresser and ideal rocker areout of stock (as have been and only sold online). Bought a bunch of artwork but can't hang it until we figure out the dresser and chair location in the space. Have two baby showers coming up and after that we'll start knocking out what is left to buy. DH is beyond ready, which is great. OH. And locking down a babysitter/daycare.... Thought we had a great lead on an in-home and now this lady won't respond to my emails or phone call. Awesome!

I'm so chipper today, if you can't tell.. 

• saraleigh2saraleigh2 member
    edited March 2016
    Wk 28

appointments - biweekly (next tues), I did my glucose test last Thursday and I'm waiting on the results which is rather nerve racking. 

?'s none

GTKY Not as far as I would like, my husband is finishing his last year of dental school in May and is in the middle of exams & licensing so he really doesn't have time to focus on anything else. I had my baby shower and have gone over the inventory and budgeted for things LO still needs. I've designed the nursery and picked out paint but it's still our spare bedroom and we haven't physically started on it at all yet!!! He should have more time by next week or the week after and then it's ON like donkey kong! 

Next on my agenda is interviewing the pediatrician and asking my birth center what they have vs what I need to bring (diapers etc) so I can pack s hospital bag,and installing the car seat... 

There's too much to do!! 

• Week/Fruit: 31/pineapple

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Today my sugar levels were high (above 7) again 3rd day in a row and my diabetic nurse told me most likely i will be going on insulin. This is so upsetting because i've been trying everything to keep it in control. Some days are great; other days not so much...Besides feeling tired and heavy as the day goes on, I feel alright.

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife appt today and endocrinologist appt tomorrow. 

Questions For the Group: Have you picked out a name yet? I find it so hard to do! 

GTKY: Where are you at in the process of getting everything ready for baby? What is the next thing you want to tackle? We just painted the nursery this past weekend but that's about it. I did buy some baby clothes and im in the process of trying to decide what outfit to bring Baby Saini home in and it may just be a sleeper. Next thing i want to tackle is cleaning the carpet of the nursery and then setting up the furniture :)

• @RSaini We're about 90% decided on a name... It's always so hard for us.  I've found that it helps to test out the name/names you're leaning towards by calling baby by that name.
  • @RSaini We're about 90% decided on a name... It's always so hard for us.  I've found that it helps to test out the name/names you're leaning towards by calling baby by that name.
    @Bluejay3030 oh that's a great idea! I will narrow down my list and see which one i like :smiley: Thanks!!
  • Week/Fruit: 29/ Acorn squash

Rants: why insomnia did you have to come back?! Why must I be so clumsy and drop stuff?! It's staying where I dropped it...
    Raves: Baby rolls,kicks, and taps. Love it!
    Symptoms: Insomnia, random insatiable hunger 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow meet with hematologist to discuss low platelet counts

Questions For the Group: none

FINALLY getting nursery set up. Better late than never right?! 
    Next thing is just getting everything in place for her arrival and wetting the remaining needed items!
  • folamij said:
    Week/Fruit: 29/ Acorn squash

Rants: why insomnia did you have to come back?! Why must I be so clumsy and drop stuff?! It's staying where I dropped it...

@folamij That's me lately. If I drop something I'll look at it for a second and debate whether I want to try and pick it up.. then I just walk away. LOL If my DH sees me drop something, he will grab it before I even have a chance to decide, but he's not always around.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018