October 2016 Moms

question about HCGs. sorry its long. past loss mentioned

Ok so a little intro before I ask my question. We have a history of multiple losses. In December I had a partial molar pregnancy. Finnally made an appointment with and RE, found out a day or 2 later that Im pregnant. Found out super early. At 3.5 wks my beta Hcg was 1000 and progesterone was 8. Which was a little low for my dr's comfort so they put me on Endometrin. At 4 wks my beta Hcg was 9000. My dr didnt mention being concerned about it, sent me for a scan, all that could be seen was a gestational sac that measured appropriately (which is all that should be seen at 4 wks)

So here is my question With twins would that huge spike for betas be aappropriate? 

I think im worring my self to death that its another partial molar. I know a later scan is the only way to tell if its twins but just curious is any one has some experience with this. 

Btw Im seening my RE on thursday so hopefully I have some answers then, but just to ease my worried mind.
IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: question about HCGs. sorry its long. past loss mentioned

• Sometimes multiples can do this, but singletons can as well. It's a toss up. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thanks I wasnt sure if a jump that high so early was normal or not. I know with the partial molar we had it was sky high but wee didnt have any labs drawn untill 12 wks so I didnt really have much to compare to.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My hcg levels were in the twins range when I was pregnant with DD. Needless to say, it was just little ol her. This time around my results have been much lower. At first I was terrified, thinking they were too low, but the range of normal is just so big that it doesn't really mean anything. I hope you can get some peace of mind on Thursday!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited February 2016
    At 5 weeks, my hcg was over 20,000. Nearly 3x the reference range. I'm only carrying one.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• At 6 weeks I was over 15,000 and the US is only showing one (hubby keeps joking that the second one is playing hide and seek) but only one heart beat was seen so I'm assuming there is just one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Not sure if this well help much but I snapped a pic at my RE's office from the bloodwork form since they give me numbers and never say what they mean!
    DS born 2016
  • I'm an obgyn nurse and look at hcg levels every day. I think they actually look really good! Usually with a molar your second level is ridiculously higher than the first. The only concern I would have is for your low progesterone level. They should repeat it and should be above 15-20 in pregnancy. The increase in the levels doesn't look too consistent with twins. I think that judging by your levels you have nothing to worry about
  • I had a progesterone level of 10 at 7 weeks with a HCG of 49000 that only a week earlier did a 185-260-400 slow creep.  As long as you are doubling and not shortening drastically, I'd imagine your doctor will be happy.  Good luck!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker