February 2016 Moms

Postpartum check in

How are you all feeling (mentally or physically)? 

Re: Postpartum check in

• (Baby is a week old today. Haven't posted birth story yet.)
    -Feeling really sore from delivery. Feel like I've been hit by a torpedo down there. Stitches are the worst.
    -can't kick a cough I've had for awhile. Breastfeeding a baby and being super sore down there amplifies the pain/annoyance with a cough. 
    -feel the start of baby blues kicking in. Sad I'm no longer pregnant. Weird I know. Couldn't be more in love with baby but sad that part of my life (being pregnant) is most likely over. 
    -dreading hubby going back to work Wednesday and leaving me alone with baby and toddler
    -feeling a little sad family hasn't been around this time. Due to them being sick or live a distance away. (Which I understand but still sad)
    Ummm enough of my whining for now... 

Hope you all are doing well 

• Turner is 4 weeks tomorrow. Physically I feel really good finally. Honestly the worst part was the external hemorrhoids. They hurt like heck. Mentally I was struggling the first two weeks with anxiety every night but that's improved. I was actually doing great til today. He fights sleep so badly and cries for an hour even if I'm holding him. I've started letting him cry in his crib today (checking on him every 5 minutes) and it's killing me. He does great at night, it's the day time that's killing us. Also my 5 year old daughter broke her left hand (she's left handed)Saturday so she's requiring a lot more help which is fine but it makes things more hectic. I'm also returning to work in two weeks which I'm stressed about. I'm a nanny so both my kids will come with me which is great but I'll have 9 kids total (half are in school most of the day) and one of them is only 14 months old and into EVERYTHING! I don't know how I'm going to do it all especially if baby is crying all day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1 week and 1 day postpartum, almost cried on my husband for no reason other than him giving me a hug and a few kisses before bed last night. Of course this was just after I spent ten minutes in the bathroom getting a little sick, so maybe that is part of it?

Finally peeked at my c-section scar for the first time yesterday and holy cow it looks awful and I have a few bruises by it. DH said it looks alot better - really?? (emergency c-section)

Still taking pain medication and learning how to do things in ways that don't tug at the stitches but good grief! My DH doesn't want me carrying the baby up and down the stairs so I have to ask for help to move little guy around. Also breastfeeding is a pain! Doing pretty well with a nipple shield, so that's nice, but thank god for lanolin cream.

I could really use a nice hot bath, it's such a shame that I've got three more weeks to wait. :/

• @dtaded13...sorry about your little girl's wrist. That can't be easy dealing with. And going back to work stresses me out too. I can't imagine caring for all those kids. I'm feeling stressed with my own two. Best of luck! 

@ladyofsummer...I understand. I'm so weepy. My husband just kindly asked how I was feeling and I started crying. Man alive these hormones are no joke! The pain you're feeling from csection (and breastfeeding) must be awful. I hope you heal soon. 
  • I have been feeling amazing since the day I gave birth. I don't know if it's because this is baby #4 or that he was my smallest baby I delivered. A little annoyed with the hubby lol but nothing new. 
  • Things for me have been going great! This has been my easiest recovery of all. This was also baby #4 for me, but my biggest at 8lbs 13oz. I was very surprised by how good I was feeling after delivery.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feel waay better than last time. The first couple days I was just exhausted from the blood loss, and blood transfusion but that's understandable. Last time I had terrible pp anxiety and I was so afraid it would be worse this time but it's actually better. I even had worse tearing this and I felt like I healed a lot faster and had less pain. I am in the back of my mind "waiting for the other show to drop"
    My only wish is that it was warmer out so I could go for walks with the kids
  • Penny is a week old today and i'm starting to feel better pain wise. Got my staples taken out today. Still some tenderness around my scar. I can't wait to start babywearing again and eagerly awaiting being able to go hiking again. BF has been kicking my butt and so I had to resort to getting a nipple shield today and it was immediate relief and already such a difference. 
  • Overall I'm feeling pretty good (Madison will be 2 weeks tomorrow). Just tired from getting up at night and still a little sore downstairs. Biggest complaint I have is that I am freezing all. The. Time. It's hard for me to figure out how I should dress LO because I'm bundled up all the time but I know that would be too much for her. I'm hoping my thyroid isn't out of whack because I've been hypothyroid for 15 years and it sucks when my levels are off
  • Overall I'm feeling pretty good (Madison will be 2 weeks tomorrow). Just tired from getting up at night and still a little sore downstairs. Biggest complaint I have is that I am freezing all. The. Time. It's hard for me to figure out how I should dress LO because I'm bundled up all the time but I know that would be too much for her. I'm hoping my thyroid isn't out of whack because I've been hypothyroid for 15 years and it sucks when my levels are off
    I have a hard time figuring out how to dress and bundle up Asher. DH is from Montana but we just moved back early January, I'm from the south. Do I dress LO like me? Or like DH? I know they say +1 layer, but which one of us? Lol.
    Id recommend getting your thyroid levels checked. With DD I went hyper really fast after she was born. It was not fun
  • I'm feeling pretty great. I only needs two stitches, Harrison is breastfeeding well, I've lost all the pregnancy weight plus an additional 16 pounds, all of my pregnancy aches and pains are gone. I'm loving spending time at home with my baby and my oldest has been hanging around quite a bit too. He loves his baby brother. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • This is my first. I had 2nd degree tear and now I barely notice anything such as stiches. I still need to wear pads, feels like I have a light period and sadly I have a small diaper type rash but I just use aquaphor when I use the restroom and then I don't notice anything. 

I gained 47 lbs, I weighed in at 167 and now I'm 140, I don't think that's bad in less than 2 weeks pp. I'm nursing so that helps too. My appetite is back to normal so I'm not eating everything in site and my normal clothes are beginning to fit again, will be better as I continue to lose weight. 

I would say my recovery is not that bad. I'm just tired with night feedings but my body is beginning to adjust.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LO is 3 weeks and 2 days old and today has been my best day so far. I have hemrroids still, but I think they are getting better. I had a 2nd degree tear, but I think that is getting better too, it is easier to sit now =) Today was the first time I have tried to workout. I started out slow with just 20 minutes of Zumba, but it made me feel great! I even got 8,000 steps today! I hope I don't pay too much for it tomorrow though. I can't wait to get to a healthy weight and feel good everyday again. 
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • I'm two weeks postpartum and feeling fine, just extremely tired! I didn't get any stitches but did have a small tear that seems to be healed/healing. I haven't weighed myself very recently but I was down 20 lbs (gained about 45) after one week. I haven't really started exercising yet - just two short walks when the weather was warm-ish last week.  I'm looking forward to doing some yoga but will probably wait til after my four week pp check up just to make sure that tear is fully healed... 
  • I'm exhausted but feeling better pain wise. Everything feels a little less swollen and it's easier to sit finally. I have noticed a dimple in one of my boobs that is making me extremely nervous. Is this normal during breast feeding? I'm new to all the breast changes during breast feeding so I don't know what to expect.
  • I'm one month pp and feeling pretty good. I'll be glad when I get the all clear to drive again. I had mastitis 5 days after baby was born but they never treated it with antibiotics, so I'm pretty sure I still have it because I get a fever every.single.day. I've called but my OB office won't see me until next week. So that's awesome. I've lost 20 of the 50 (ugh) pounds that I gained. Breastfeeding is not going that great, but my babe is allergic to a lot of food so I think that's why. 
  • My son is four weeks old. Physical I'm doing great. For this being my first, I feel very blessed on how labor and recovery went. Emotionally however,  I don't know. I'm trying to get my son to sleep in his bassinet and I have failed. I have accepted it but it makes me want to scream when he screams. I love my husband but since I have been on maternity leave.. I feel he thinks it's okay for me to make his meals. All of them, and care for the house, run errands with him or solo.. it can be to much sometimes. Plus, Isaac has been wanting to eat every two hours. I'm exhausted and yet still running.