Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Implantation Bleeding or Spotting?

Ok I have a three year old daughter and we are trying for number 2!!!!  

I have had spotting (Dark Brown) only when I wipe (is that considered spotting?) since Friday.  Last night I had Bright Red (only when wiping) one time and then today dark brown again...... Thoughts on if this is implantation bleeding or start of period???  I am on cycle day 22 today if that makes a difference.

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    Yup totally preggly!!! I agree with @lulucooks a unicorn nursery is a wonderful idea!
  • Options
    To me, it kind of sounds like you're starting your period or you O'd later than usual. I had spotting around my O date accompanied by mittelschmerz cramps. But like everyone else said, if you're trying to know if you're pregnant, then the only way to know is to test...
  • Options
    ccbullen said:
    Ok I have a three year old daughter and we are trying for number 2!!!!  

I have had spotting (Dark Brown) only when I wipe (is that considered spotting?) since Friday.  Last night I had Bright Red (only when wiping) one time and then today dark brown again...... Thoughts on if this is implantation bleeding or start of period???  I am on cycle day 22 today if that makes a difference.
    *lurking*

Let me get out my goggles. Wait, nope... I can't see inside your uterus.

Please read the newbie threads pinned to the top, join TWW and WTO, start charting with a bbt and fertility friend and read/follow TOU including not asking the community if we (Internet Strangers) think you may be pregnant.
  • Options
    ccbullenccbullen member
    edited March 2016
    Wow thanks for all the support guys..... thought this was meant to be a community.  Most of what was said could have been said a lot nicer.  Guess I will find a more supportive community to be a part of.  I wasn't asking if I was pregnant it was just a question about spotting that I have been wondering about for a while.

• Options
    ccbullen said:
    Wow thanks for all the support guys..... thought this was meant to be a community.  Most of what was said could have been said a lot nicer.  Guess I will find a more supportive community to be a part of.  I wasn't asking if I was pregnant it was just a question about spotting that I have been wondering about for a while.

......right

• Options
    ccbullen said:

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    Congrats on making the big decision to try for # 2! That is so exciting! I know you know this already, but there is no way to know if this is IB or your period aside from waiting to take an HPT. I think the part to focus on is whether or not this is even close to the norm for your cycles. If it isn't, then there is a chance it could mean something since you are actively TTC. It could also just be a weird cycle. I am an every 32 days girl like clockwork. I know when I ovulate and it is pretty much always right smack in the middle of my cycle. I have never started my period more than a couple days early (at the most) so spotting 10 days before my period would definitely make me wonder and give me some hope that maybe this is the month. Hope this helps even just a little. Best of luck with your TTC #2 journey!
  • Options
    MamaCoffinMamaCoffin member
    edited March 2016
    I've decided to come back and offer real experience...

This last cycle was the first time I've had cycle breakthrough. It came exactly one week after ovulation. Sure, it crossed my mind that it could be IB.... But I waited. I didn't ask an Internet forum what they thought.

Update: I got my period. And ended up passing a golf ball sized clot. 

So, obviously I'm totes prego.

Edited because words.

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    Icsrva - Actually, everything I said was true and it wasn't advice. It was my perspective. I said it could mean something. Could being the operative word here. I also said it could just be a weird cycle and the only way to know anything for sure is to take an HPT. I am pretty sure I am a woman and understand very well how the female reproductive system works and that there are many variables when it comes to a woman's cycle. All I was saying is something far from your norm is something to pay attention to... That is how you become familiar with your body. It seems you are just here to troll and argue because, if you weren't, you would have just offered your opinion directly to the OP and not directed your comment towards me. The OP came here for other's opinions and support. That's all we can offer since none of us really know. I am sure she is smart enough to know that's all we are offering. We are not doctors. Sorry, but get out of here if the only thing you can offer is negativity. No one has time for that.
  • Options
    I am shocked, there are some really nasty people here. I thought this was supposed to be a friendly place.