Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FFFC!

13»

Re: FFFC!

• Options
    sldp123 said:
    My FFFC....I belong to some of the TTC Facebook groups. I never comment, but I lurk sometimes when I'm bored. People are constantly posting pics of pregnancy tests, asking if they're pregnant, or talking about the fertility drugs they ordered online! Reading some of their posts and comments makes me appreciate TB even more!
    What?!? Like just on their own without a doctor? Is that a thing that people do? Maybe I'm not really understanding and its just cheaper to buy it online with a prescription vs in a pharmacy? 
    No, you were right. Without a doctor and without a prescription. I've stumbled across lots of discussions on other forums about ordering Clomid online, what dosage to take to get twins, etc. It's crazy and scary. 

Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Options
    My FFFC....I belong to some of the TTC Facebook groups. I never comment, but I lurk sometimes when I'm bored. People are constantly posting pics of pregnancy tests, asking if they're pregnant, or talking about the fertility drugs they ordered online! Reading some of their posts and comments makes me appreciate TB even more!
    What?!? Like just on their own without a doctor? Is that a thing that people do? Maybe I'm not really understanding and its just cheaper to buy it online with a prescription vs in a pharmacy? 
    Yeah, I think they are ordering them online without a prescription. One lady last week said she had ordered Clomid from Australia (no prescription) and was about to start taking it. She said some of her "friends" got pregnant that way...smh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited February 2016
    @TheRealVeronicaSawyer I've seen those too! They are crazy to do that and they act so proud of themselves! 

Oh to go along with my last fffc about the siggy bear... I have a phobia of teddy bears from a previous stalker (of several years). He would leave them outside of my window or on my car or in the yard at night. I know I could order the bear, but I couldn't have one in my house. :( Also if I get KU, all teddy bears will be donated (after many thanks, and very quietly donated) to police stations, fire departments, hospitals, etc...

Edited because spelling is hard when you just wake up
  • Options
    sldp123 said:
    No, you were right. Without a doctor and without a prescription. I've stumbled across lots of discussions on other forums about ordering Clomid online, what dosage to take to get twins, etc. It's crazy and scary. 
    WOW.  That's terrible and totally crazy.  I keep writing and deleting sentences in response but can't figure out how to even respond.  I hope they don't cause irreparable harm to themselves I guess is the idea.   Online meds are no joke on their own, especially those needing monitoring.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    This site will make you so angry. People try to reason with them and I swear they are all like 16 thinking it will get them on that show.
    https://www.pregnancy-info.net/forums/twins_and_multiple_birth/i_took_unprescribed_100mg_of_clomid_and_pg_with_triplets__/
  • Options
    This site will make you so angry. People try to reason with them and I swear they are all like 16 thinking it will get them on that show.
    https://www.pregnancy-info.net/forums/twins_and_multiple_birth/i_took_unprescribed_100mg_of_clomid_and_pg_with_triplets__/

I knew people got meds online, but for some reason it never occurred to me that they would get fertility medication online.  How would they even know that's what they're really getting?  I just don't get it.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sorry for this rant

I'm in a photography group in Facebook. Today, a photog posted a gorgeous photo and added text to the pic "you will never understand life until it grows inside you." She wanted to know what people thought of the quote, and a constructive critique of the photo. It pretty much created a huge debate, because a few of us mentioned our thoughts on the quote potentially sounding insensitive, and honest to god i was not being offensive. Most of the posts were from men because they thought it was kind of an isolating thing to say. I just can't believe some of the asshole things people say, such as "you all are just bitter because life didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but that's not my prob!" or "you're just insecure and PC."...in all honesty, I see quotes like that on Facebook all the time and just don't say anything, and the only reason I said something is because she specifically asked and I thought it would be a good opportunity to to show the other perspective, which the OP completely understood. I am pretty sure I'm irrationally sensitive to this from time to time, but it irks me when I try so hard to be constructive and diplomatic with my words, just to have a group of trolls bring me down. Bitches.
    TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• Options
    @Winnie81 I'm so sorry you had to deal with those assholes :(
  • Options
    Thanks Nova :smile: This probably should have been on the Twatwaffle thread, but I didn't want to wait.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• Options
    Mine is I don't care about Fuller House. The show was mediocre at best when it was on and only worth watching because of John Stamos. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    atcwag said:
    Mine is I don't care about Fuller House. The show was mediocre at best when it was on and only worth watching because of John Stamos. 

He gets better with age. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Winnie81 said:
    Thanks Nova :smile: This probably should have been on the Twatwaffle thread, but I didn't want to wait.
    Nah, you needed to confess what asshats you were dealing with. Better than holding it in until Tuesday. :)

Also, just as a heads up from yesterday's convo... I woke up for work, felt okay, so I went in to work and called the on call doctor to talk about my recent symptoms. Right about that time my entire body started itching and I was scratching like crazy. Turns out I'm allergic to one of the new meds (the itchy/scratching until I bleed thing happens with a lot of meds so it was a dead giveaway). That's what made me vomit and caused the itchiness (luckily a coworker had benadryl on her). We think the lights thing was caused by me staring at the computer screen too long. I do tend to get ocular migraines. So that was all good news! (Compared to a possible brain bleed.)
    Thanks Nova :smile: 
    I'm glad to hear it's an allergic reaction! So did you end up getting a migraine or did the symptoms go away after you stopped staring at the computer?
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• Options
    NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited February 2016
    @Winnie81 the lights stopped shortly after I gave my eyes a rest. I've had those before so I recognized them (just took a while for me to realize).
    Luckily you don't always get a regular migraine when you have an ocular migraine. The few times I've had the ocular ones I only got a regular one once.
    Edited to add words. I just woke up.
  • Options
    I really love LuLaRoe. I love how I feel in their clothes and while I do feel certain items are overpriced, I do like the items. I have 4 pairs of leggings (and waiting on a 5th) and 2 of their Irma (tunic-style) shirts. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mlight28 said:

@jenmlangtake2
    I hate lularoe. Hate it. The patterns are ugly. The material feels weird. And 837473338 of my 150 Facebook friends are all having parties and adding me to groups DAILY!

Just. No. Stop. Please. 
    I hate ALL "let me take your money" parties/schemes. Younique, beach body, pampered chef, Rodan and Fields, jewelry, Zija, those ignorant body wraps... Etc. Its all over my Facebook. 
    And it's all overpriced JUNK!!!!
    Im honestly always embarrassed for the person selling it, and I lose a lot of respect for them. It's always just asking your friends to give you money, no matter how you look at it. 
    And then they talk about their new lifestyle and how they make all kinds of extra money (trying to draw in new sellers). If you make that much money, obviously you are overcharging your friends for the junk you sell. 
    I agree with you mostly, but do "buy into" some. I love Jamberry!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    edited February 2016
    I don't get why pyramid schemes even exist anymore. You would think the internet would make the whole house call/party with your friends thing totally unnecessary. 

I felt obligated to go to a Lularoe party and I bought some solid leggings and a skirt. I like bright colors and obnoxious patterns, but it was a bit much even for me- I don't mind loud, but I think most of the patterns are ugly and unflattering. And I own sparkly leggings from Express, and a pair of VS ones very similar to the ones below. I was surprised how expensive some of the items were, too. 

ETA: Plus, I don't really care for their emphasis on their clothes being "modest". I'm a curvier gal; "modest" translates to "potato" on me. I need form-fitting clothes. 
  • Options
    atcwagatcwag member
    edited February 2016
    FiancB said:
    I don't get why pyramid schemes even exist anymore. You would think the internet would make the whole house call/party with your friends thing totally unnecessary. 

I felt obligated to go to a Lularoe party and I bought some solid leggings and a skirt. I like bright colors and obnoxious patterns, but it was a bit much even for me- I don't mind loud, but I think most of the patterns are ugly and unflattering. And I own sparkly leggings from Express, and a pair of VS ones very similar to the ones below. I was surprised how expensive some of the items were, too. 

ETA: Plus, I don't really care for their emphasis on their clothes being "modest". I'm a curvier gal; "modest" translates to "potato" on me. I need form-fitting clothes. 
    The skirts are NMS, as are most of the dresses, but I am a fan of the leggings and shirts. I'm curvy too...a size 16/18. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides it's horrible that you had to deal with that idiot at the checkout but your reaction though...

• Options
    Mlight28 said:

@jenmlangtake2
    I hate lularoe. Hate it. The patterns are ugly. The material feels weird. And 837473338 of my 150 Facebook friends are all having parties and adding me to groups DAILY!

Just. No. Stop. Please. 
    I hate ALL "let me take your money" parties/schemes. Younique, beach body, pampered chef, Rodan and Fields, jewelry, Zija, those ignorant body wraps... Etc. Its all over my Facebook. 
    And it's all overpriced JUNK!!!!
    Im honestly always embarrassed for the person selling it, and I lose a lot of respect for them. It's always just asking your friends to give you money, no matter how you look at it. 
    And then they talk about their new lifestyle and how they make all kinds of extra money (trying to draw in new sellers). If you make that much money, obviously you are overcharging your friends for the junk you sell. 
    Nailed it. 

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!