1st Trimester
Options

Leftover spotting from IB?

canavaracanavara member
edited February 2016 in 1st Trimester
Howdy. I normally post on the TTC board, but this question seemed more appropriate for those who are already pregnant. Tried to google around for this but wasn't coming up with a lot that seemed relevant (mostly discussions of people spotting after BFP later in their first trimester). And obviously, no one here can tell me if I'm pregnant or not and I need to keep testing, but curious to know others' experiences... did anyone here have faint spotting shortly *after* implantation bleeding?

I had something resembling implantation bleeding 3 days ago. It was the briefest tiniest bit of faint, light brown discharge. Like just a speck of it. There's been a lot of creamy, white odorless CM before and after that. I ovulated late this cycle (CD17) and my AF shouldn't be here for another 3 days, but earlier today I experienced some additional spotting and it looked and felt nothing like AF spotting I've ever had before. I don't normally spot before my AF, and this was more light, light brown, just happened when I wiped after using the bathroom and then it was completely gone. No flow whatsoever after many, many hours, and my temp has not dropped from post-ovulation.

And I know IB is kind of uncommon, but I thought it was a one-time deal?

Re: Leftover spotting from IB?

• Options
    canavara said:
    Howdy. I normally post on the TTC board, but this question seemed more appropriate for those who are already pregnant. Tried to google around for this but wasn't coming up with a lot that seemed relevant (mostly discussions of people spotting after BFP later in their first trimester). And obviously, no one here can tell me if I'm pregnant or not and I need to keep testing, but curious to know others' experiences... did anyone here have faint spotting shortly *after* implantation bleeding?

I had something resembling implantation bleeding 3 days ago. It was the briefest tiniest bit of faint, light brown discharge. Like just a speck of it. There's been a lot of creamy, white odorless CM before and after that. I ovulated late this cycle (CD17) and my AF shouldn't be here for another 3 days, but earlier today I experienced some additional spotting and it looked and felt nothing like AF spotting I've ever had before. I don't normally spot before my AF, and this was more light, light brown, just happened when I wiped after using the bathroom and then it was completely gone. No flow whatsoever after many, many hours, and my temp has not dropped from post-ovulation.

The thing is, IB can only be diagnosed in hindsight so it's not IB unless you get a BFP. 
    I had a tiny amount of pink spotting on a Thursday and a BFN. Didn't test until the following Monday and got BFP. Two days later I spotted a tiny amount of pink again. Nurse said it was IB. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    canavara said:

The thing is, IB can only be diagnosed in hindsight so it's not IB unless you get a BFP. 
    I had a tiny amount of pink spotting on a Thursday and a BFN. Didn't test until the following Monday and got BFP. Two days later I spotted a tiny amount of pink again. Nurse said it was IB. 
    Ha, yeah that's a fair point :) No way for me to know for sure that it is IB yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a beige-ish CM like you described but not until almost 2 weeks after my BFP. The nurse also told me it was left over IB making its way out. I had a small amount about 10 days after my BFP and then again 2 days after that. If the nurse is correct, then yes, IB can happen much later than actual implantation. That being said, last cycle I had brown spotting once each day for 3 days leading up to AF. I had never had spotting before AF like that before so it is possible that it's just something new your body decided to do this cycle. Bodies are weird. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Some cycles I would spot on and off before af, some no spotting, some just the day before. One cycle I had brown spotting for 5 obnoxious days before af. The cycle I got my bfp, no spotting. Cycles are weird. If you're due in 3 days, you may be able to turn a test tomorrow. Give it a go to ease your mind. 
  • Options
    I spotted some between ovulation and positive test. I had issues with bleeding between periods so can't say it was IB. It was different this time and my doc said it could possibly be IB. I tested positive about 5 days later and about 3 days before expected AF.
  • Options
    Ditto what ECWK said. 

My own experience was positive pee stick on 14DPO, 78 beta on 15DPO, brown spotting on 16DPO was told it was left over implantation blood, raised beta on 17DPO. 

I honestly wouldnt have paid attention to the spotting had I not been going through my first round of IVF. I would have assumed it was my period starting, but because I was pregnant I called my office.