February 2016 Moms

Look what we made!!

Meet baby Sylas Andrew! I was scheduled to be induced yesterday. I went to my final checkup before the induction at 1:30pm. The doctor did a cervical check and I was already 4-5cm dialated and contracting, so he sent me straight to l&d. Got all settled in by 3pm. The contractions weren't very painful yet. My doctor and the nurses kept pushing me to get the epidural now before the anesthesiologist got busy, but I didn't want one and didn't feel the pain was bad enough to need to. Everyone seemed shocked that I didn't want it..apparently that's not very common at this hospital. After being monitored for an hour, they realized my contractions were a bit sporadic, so I was put on a low doesn't of pitocin. I was dilated to 6-7cm by 6pm, and still not feeling much pain. Then the doctor broke my water, which hurt like hell! And the real fun began. Contractions got excruciatingly painful and were coming every minute almost immediately. I asked for and received fentanyl..it didn't help the pain much, but it made me fall asleep between contractions..do for like 30-45sec intervals, which was really odd. The nurses left me and told me to call when I felt like I needed to poop. My husband freaked out because I was bleeding all over the place, but they said that was normal. I felt the urge to push at 7pm, they confirmed I was complete, and my doctor showed up. I pushed for about 15 minutes and screamed at the top of my lungs the whole time. I ended up needing an episiotomy. And at one point thought I wouldn't be able to push the baby out, and quickly realized I didn't have another option. But mr Sylas made his grand debut at 7:30pm after only 4 1/2 hours of labor. He weighed 7lbs5oz and is only 18 1/2 inches long. He is absolutely perfect :smile: we had some latching issues, but they're getting better. He is healthy, and I feel fine other than episiotomy pain. It was painful, but all worth it for this little guy.  
October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
DD-Due 10/24/17
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Look what we made!!