March 2016 Moms

Pain HELP

This probably has a very obvious answer, but I'm a FTM and a worrier and 37 weeks pregnant. When laying down and adjusting my body in bed I get pain in my belly, sides, and vaginal area that lasts for a a few minutes. 
I realize that it's very hard to harm baby in his safe amniotic fluid but it feels like I'm stretching the sac or ripping it when I feel this. 

I'm being crazy right? You can't actually move weird and rip the sac right?  

Re: Pain HELP

• It would take some really sharp movement or trauma to do that.  If you're just readjusting in bed, you're probably feeling ligaments stretch, sciatic pain, and SPD (the pain in your vag where your pubic bone comes together).  Rolling over in bed is my least favorite thing right now.
  • smushi said:
    It would take some really sharp movement or trauma to do that.  If you're just readjusting in bed, you're probably feeling ligaments stretch, sciatic pain, and SPD (the pain in your vag where your pubic bone comes together).  Rolling over in bed is my least favorite thing right now.
    this for sure. especially that ripping feeling you're describing.. that's what my RLP feels like. it's just the ligaments stretching & adjusting to your growing baby. donf worry, you can't rip the sac juat from adjusting in bed or something like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Last night I screamed for my husband to roll me over in bed like I was a beached whale.  So done with it.  Just a few weeks ago rolling over was no biggie - now it's a whole ordeal.  And I am getting pains around my belly too whenever I turn over.
  • I'm a FTM also. The only way I can "sleep " at night is I lie on my back with one leg bent and the other propped up on my lol laundry basket. Then try to roll over on my left side then once the RLP calms down roll over to my right side. It works for me for about 2-4 hours of sleep then off to the bathroom lol. 
  • Yes, you're fine and not hurting baby, but it is shocking how just sleeping and rolling over can cause so much pain, right?  I was just commenting that I'm still taking a couple classes at the gym each week with tons of squats and lunges, but turning over in bed???  Forget it!  I also wake up at night with the round ligament pain in my lower belly and sometimes the upper part hurts too and is really tight, which I'm assuming are just some BH, but yeah, 2-3 hrs is my max stretch of sleep, and even that only happens once or twice per night.  It sucks!  At least when we're getting up to feed baby we can sleep comfortably (albeit short) in between times.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had this issue with changing positions in bed the past few weeks. Seems like when I stretch one leg to roll over, I feel a painful pull in my inner thigh up towards my belly.  I asked my doctor about this but she advised it was normal and ligament or muscles stretching. 
  • Same here...  and lord knows these icomfort mattresses weren't made for preggo gals with no ab muscles.... changing positions is horrible!