3rd Trimester

Induce labor naturally

2»

Re: Induce labor naturally

• 37 weeks used to be full term, they changed it about 3 years ago. Even March of Dimes have the new updated information.
    https://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/what-is-full-term.aspx

I also wonder what wrong, incorrect and poor outdated information your Provider is giving out.

You signed up for 40 weeks, suck it up buttercup.

Not advocating for attempting to induce labor, but I take issue with your last sentence. I know I signed up for 40 weeks, but being a STM and having a super easy pregnancy the first time I had no idea I was signing up for SPD, tachycardia, rib pain, hand pain, insomnia, and all the rest. Again...not advocating for attempting to induce early (my mantra has become 4 more weeks, 4 more weeks) just saying that "suck it up buttercup" has left my vernacular because of all of this.

3rd pregnancy here myself, my first two were high risk with both being on bed rest for the entire 3rd trimester. So yeah, I am ok saying telling me to suck it up. Because you know what, it is not about me. Can I bitch and complain? Hell yes, but to purposely put my child in harms way when he/she is not ready to come out. They need a harsh reality check.
  • kyraaD said:

Aquinna82 said:

I actually know of someone who intentionally put herself in a situation where she needed to be induced at 36 weeks for the baby's safety because she was tired of being pregnant.  I'm not going to say how she did it, because that's a horrible, HORRIBLE thing to do.  But hey, it worked and she didn't have to be pregnant anymore!!  Of course, her baby ended up in the NICU.  Spoiler alert: no one actually ended up thinking the situation was fun.

i understand being uncomfortable & just wanting it to be over with; that's where I'm at. but the fact that she actually endangered her child like that is just.. sickening. makes me wonder what kind of mother she is if she is that selfish of a person.
    Agreed. She's the relative of a friend so I don't have much exposure to her or her parenting style. I did say after I heard this story that I hoped her procreating days were finished.
  • Loading the player...
  • Just throwing it out there, I'm a FTM and I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant. When I asked my doc last week when I was there if I could have LO at 37 weeks she said yes because it's considered full term BUT they will do everything they can to make sure that doesn't happen until at least 39 weeks. OP, keep LO in there as long as you can. It's best for her. 
  • 37-38 is early term, 39 is considered full term.  Chances are if baby is born, baby will be completely fine.  Don't "try" to go that early though.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• cardie said:
    Just throwing it out there, I'm a FTM and I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant. When I asked my doc last week when I was there if I could have LO at 37 weeks she said yes because it's considered full term BUT they will do everything they can to make sure that doesn't happen until at least 39 weeks. OP, keep LO in there as long as you can. It's best for her. 
    why would you ask to have your LO at 37 weeks? or did you just mean if it would be safe if LO came at 37 weeks? 
  • No I wasn't asking to have him then. I was asking just in case if it happened if it was safe. 
  • This annoys me.  I went 41+ before I could be induced.  Waiting was the worst especially when everyone around me with later dates were going early.

There is no fun way to induce labor on your own.  The "facts" about going into labor because you ate this or did that are pure bull.  Baby is going to come when baby is ready.  I was also dilated for almost 3 cm for over two weeks before they induced me because the Dr's swore she'd come any day. 
  • cardie said:
    No I wasn't asking to have him then. I was asking just in case if it happened if it was safe. 
    If it does happen spontaneously at 37 weeks and beyond, chances are your baby will be fine.  My 37.6 baby was absolutely perfect other than a little jaundice that went away on it's own - my 40.3 baby was jaundiced too and we had to stay an extra night and put him under the billi lights. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• skruhmin said:
    I hear Doritos has a method that's way safer than Castrol Oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNK1_Yop6oo

Oh my god, I wanted to laugh and cry at this commercial at the same time. The irrational part of me wanted it to be true! :) 
  • What do you guys think about (obviously once you've passed your due date) massages? I go to a chiropractor once or twice a week and they have a massage therapist there who usually works with me. This is all due to a minor car accident (everyone okay-thank G-d!). The therapist said there are certain trigger points they know to avoid when doing massages on a pregnant woman and my OB said if I pass my due date he doesn't have to avoid those trigger points anymore. I'm sure the baby wouldn't come unless she's ready anyway, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this for trying to help move things along possibly. Some babies just don't want to come out on their own without some help lol. 
  • schweitz said:
    What do you guys think about (obviously once you've passed your due date) massages? I go to a chiropractor once or twice a week and they have a massage therapist there who usually works with me. This is all due to a minor car accident (everyone okay-thank G-d!). The therapist said there are certain trigger points they know to avoid when doing massages on a pregnant woman and my OB said if I pass my due date he doesn't have to avoid those trigger points anymore. I'm sure the baby wouldn't come unless she's ready anyway, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this for trying to help move things along possibly. Some babies just don't want to come out on their own without some help lol. 
    I say do it up. 
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • schweitz said:
    What do you guys think about (obviously once you've passed your due date) massages? I go to a chiropractor once or twice a week and they have a massage therapist there who usually works with me. This is all due to a minor car accident (everyone okay-thank G-d!). The therapist said there are certain trigger points they know to avoid when doing massages on a pregnant woman and my OB said if I pass my due date he doesn't have to avoid those trigger points anymore. I'm sure the baby wouldn't come unless she's ready anyway, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this for trying to help move things along possibly. Some babies just don't want to come out on their own without some help lol. 
    My friend saw a chiropractor on her due date and had baby the next day! She said she really felt like he helped better align her pelvis. (She went for discomfort, the healthy baby coming was just a plus)