March 2016 Moms
Options

Just for fun- is there anything you'll miss about these last few days of pregnancy?

As we all endure these agonisi...uh,  last few weeks of pregnancy, is there anything at all you think you might miss about it? 
Let's see if we can find something positive to keep us going.

Re: Just for fun- is there anything you'll miss about these last few days of pregnancy?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll miss breaking a sweat when I put on pants/socks/shoes.
    Oh wait... no I won't! 

Scheduled c section, so I'll get to be pampered for a while after by the hubs at least ;)

I WILL miss getting away with wearing leggings non stop. They are my jam right now.  
  • Options

Yeah I kind of enjoy not wearing real pants. I mean, I work in an office so I still have to look presentable, but I've basically been living in dresses/tunics and leggings.

I will miss the money that we are not spending on daycare.

I do love carrying this child and feeling his movements and the look on DH's face when baby is not being shy for him, so I imagine that will be something I will miss as well.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    ecwk said:
    I will miss baby kicking and squirming about but I'm sure having baby in my arms will make up for that! 

I'll miss not having to suck in my stomach!! 
    Ditto to both!!!

I do love feeling baby movements, and will miss it, especially since this is probably my last baby. You do get some random phantom baby movements after though! (At least I do, I don't think it's just me!)

• Options
    Yeah I will miss feeling baby move, even though the majority of her movements are somewhat painful at this point.  Also it's kind of fun and exciting anticipating the birth and not knowing when it will happen and looking forward to seeing him/her for the first time.  This is definitely our last pregnancy so I am trying to to wish away the last few weeks. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll miss the special treatment I have been getting from coworkers and family. 
  • Options
    soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited February 2016
    ecwk said:
    I will miss baby kicking and squirming about but I'm sure having baby in my arms will make up for that! 

I'll miss not having to suck in my stomach!! 

You stole my thunder! ;)

I'll miss those squirmy reminders that baby is in there and doing a-ok and proudly displaying and puffing out my belly! :)

eta: I don't know why it keeps deleting half my post!  :|

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    i think rhe only things i will miss will be feeling baby move around, & then using pregnancy as an excuse to wear my sweats everywhere! hahah.
  • Options
    I will miss feeling him move around. And not having to do any heavy lifting. I haven't had to get a single bucket of ice in months. ;) and the love of food, I just love all food so much. 

I will not miss this congestion. Or not being able to sleep on my tummy.

I am ready to meet our little man.  
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I'll miss getting to eat weird food combos and (at times) more than the usual amount of food without judgement.

Like @smushi I'll miss the 1:1 ratio between me and DS during the day.
    ETA: word fails fixed!
  • Options
    I'll miss feeling baby squirming around and I'll also miss spending so much time with DD- the mom guilt is real. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I will miss my DS bieng my one and only :( even though im excited about DS #2 I feel like im taking something away from him he will never get back . 
  • Options
    I'll miss my little companion.  She comes with me everywhere.

I'll miss her little pokes and prods

I'll miss having an excuse to be fat ha ha.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Nothing. I hate being pregnant. Never again. I want to hold her so bad, but she's still cooking. I'm just impatient and I worry more now than ever (probably cause I know a lot of women IRL who lost their children late term so that's playing with my anxiety). 
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • Options

This is so timely because just a couple of nights ago I was talking with a friend who has a 2 year-old and she said about a week after he was born she realized how much she missed the movement.  I will definitely miss feeling him wriggling around.  It's so fun to be sitting in a meeting at work and just feel a little jab, like, "Hi, Mom, I'm here!"

I won't miss aaaallll of the other nonsense :)

• Options
    I'll miss my husband cooking dinner while I sit with my feet up. 
  • Options
    I'll miss knowing he's always safe and with me inside my tummy and feeling his movements. I have loved being pregnant but I am ready to have my wiggle worm here! 
  • Options
    Oh man, I will not miss feeling him move. It's less "kicking" and more "scraping my internal organs with his knobby elbows" and I've gotten pretty damn sick of it. 

I will miss having use of both my arms and not being a dairy bar. 

I'm a grouch, but I'm not a huge fan of the newborn phase either. I can't wait to not be pregnant but I realllllly can't wait to have a 6 month old. My toddler is so awesome these days, she's fun and a sweetheart and I'm excited for her brother to get there too! 
  • Options
    i will probably only miss not having to suck in my belly. and how sometimes people are extra kind (here's looking at you stranger who picked up the cans i dropped at the store, and other stranger who helped me get the bulk pallet of gatorade from my cart to the trunk).
    im not a fan of all the baby movements anyhow. and this painful pregnancy has totally defeated me. i am ready for our family to be complete and to focus on the next stage of our lives, just growing together 

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Like PP, I'll probably miss feeling him move. 

I'll definitely miss my husband not giving me crap about getting into the sweets more often. 

I'll miss my parents doting on me and spoiling me. 

But I'm very, very glad to be giving that all up in 30 days or so when my first little one arrives. Any time I miss those things, I'll just snuggle him closer and stare at him a little longer. 
  • Options
    I'm a FTM who "tried" for a while before getting pregnant, so this pregnancy has been really special to me. I also was so in the mode of not thinking I could get pregnant (and not having a period) that I was 5 months along (in week 19) before I found out we are expecting!

Now, at 36 weeks, I am just thankful for every day, the little movements and the big, rolling movements, and the excitement I feel. I know it might sound cheesy, but getting to be pregnant (after thinking it just wouldn't happen for me) is making me pretty damn appreciative of every little step in the process!

That being said, I will be excited to get back to my regular level of activity (eventually, and to meet the little guy in person! :smile: 

• Options
    Being able to carry my baby 24/7, hands free.
    Those fun kicks and pokes. I always miss them.
    Sleeping without being awoken by newborn screams. I don't care how often I have to go to the bathroom or I can't fall asleep or how uncomfortable I am . . . it's NOTHING compared to the sleep deprivation and exhaustion of a new baby.
    My belly. People can tell me how huge I am or I look like I'm going to pop, but I LOVE my pregnant body. I never love my body more than when I am pregnant. :)
    This. As uncomfortable as the lat days/weeks of pregnancy are, I always say that they're SO MUCH EASIER to take care of when they're on the inside!
  • Options
    Being able to carry my baby 24/7, hands free.
    Those fun kicks and pokes. I always miss them.
    Sleeping without being awoken by newborn screams. I don't care how often I have to go to the bathroom or I can't fall asleep or how uncomfortable I am . . . it's NOTHING compared to the sleep deprivation and exhaustion of a new baby.
    My belly. People can tell me how huge I am or I look like I'm going to pop, but I LOVE my pregnant body. I never love my body more than when I am pregnant. :)

• Options
    Other than the part about not having to suck my tummy in... I think I'll miss giving DD all my attention and very soon I'll have to take care of two with basically no sleep.  DD is already demanding enough as is, so we'll see how she handles being a big sister.

With that said though... I am very jealous every time I check out the birth announcement post.  I am quite done with carrying a bowling ball around that is constantly killing my back.  
  • Options
    Like a lot of you ladies, I will miss the movements! Other than that, I will absolutely NOT miss the heartburn, body pressure, the crappy nights of sleeping, and peeing 100000x a day!
  • Options
    Like a lot of pp I'll miss the baby movements. Other than that I don't think there's much I'll miss. I just wish I was 40w now and not only 36w! I'm so ready to be done with this pregnancy