July 2016 Moms
Options

Bachelor Thread

Re: Bachelor Thread

• Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    Just finished this weeks episode... Did he really take Amanda to McDonald's?! I'm from a small farm town too, we have way more to offer than that! 

Side note: I wonder how much McDonald's paid to be able to do that? 
    McDonalds is a sponsor. There are commercials with a bunch of people from the bachelor/ bachelorette. 
    Well that explains it. I always watch on Hulu the next day, so I haven't seen the commercials on during the show. 
  • Options
    How could I forget about the McDonald's date! I know it's been 20 years and viewership and therefore revenues are down, but wow. Seriously? Even if they are sponsors that was ridiculous. I feel like the dates are getting more and more pathetic every season. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh I was so sad to see Becca leave! I really liked her. :( I'm kinda thinking Amanda might go home after Ben meets her kids. Going from no kids to an automatic dad might be too much for him to handle. 
  • Options
    Ugh I was so sad to see Becca leave! I really liked her. :( I'm kinda thinking Amanda might go home after Ben meets her kids. Going from no kids to an automatic dad might be too much for him to handle. 
    My thoughts exactly about Amanda. It's one thug to marry a single mom with 1, but she has 2. And he's 26, that's a lot to take on. 
  • Options
    I really like Becca which is why I think she needs to find herself someone IRL. I was really mad she came back for Ben. She seems serious and hasn't really been in a relationship, having a whirlwind relationship isn't going to work in her situation.

I don't know why but I don't like Amanda. I think it might be because of her voice but I agree, he's 26 and he would need to be like Amanda's dad said in the promo, "instadad". It's one thing to be have a child at 26 (or younger) but it's another to go from living a carefree life to suddenly having two daughters!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Ladies! Predictions on who is going home tonight? Or who do you want to go home tonight?

My vote: Minnie Mouse aka Amanda.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I like all the ladies he has left!! However I think Caila should be the one to go tonight, it doesn't seem like his relationship has progressed enough with her.
  • Options
    I think it will be reality call on insta dad. My vote is Amanda. However the brother blow up on JoJo's home date doesn't look good either?
  • Options
    I think it'll be Amanda.
  • Options
    @chels0120 omg I totally forgot about that!!!! Yes that looks awful, I can't imagine how they will get past that. But it could be ABC tricking us too- you know how they love to edit stuff and make you think something happened that didn't lol
  • Options
    Kellyj103Kellyj103 member
    edited February 2016
    I'm having a hard time that Ben is actually crying because of Jojo's brothers! I agree with you @ashleighhughes nothing has happened with Caila after that weird and confusing conversation. I think I just like Caila a little more than Amanda since she doesn't sound like she's about to cry all the time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think Amanda is going home. I think she's as apprehensive as Ben seems about their relationship after the last episode. 
  • Options
    I don't know who all is on the west coast so I'll wait till in the morning to post about tonight's episode... But wow!
  • Options
    Uhh did Lauren just say "li-berry?!" Judging. 
  • Options
    @randypluskate she totally did!! I noticed that too hahaha
  • Options
    The thing I'm worried about if he picks Lauren, which I think he does -- who will be The Bachelorette? I'd like it to be Jojo but I agree, I think she's the other one he's in love with. So she'd come in second. The second-placers are never picked as Bachelorette, because they only just learned they're out and there's no time for them to "get over it" so to speak... so that would mean Caila. She just seems so... empty to me. But I'm guessing it'll end up being her.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    I used to like Caila, but I found her to be pretty annoying last night. I think it's definitely down to Jojo and Lauren
  • Options
    I feel like the next couple weeks are pointless since it seems obvious he picks Lauren. But I would way rather see Jojo as the bachelorette too. Calia is just not cut out for that. But I wonder if Jojo goes back to that ex when this is over.... She really didn't seem like she was over that whole situation. 
  • Options
    What if they make Becca the Bachelorette??
  • Options
    Lurking from August :)

I actually think that the next bachelorette is going to be Amanda.  They haven't had a bachelorette with kids since Emily (I think) and as mentioned prior I also think it comes down to JoJo/Lauren.  I like Caila, however she was kind of annoying last night (especially with her overuse of Mommy and Daddy) and I don't see her being the bachelorette.  I think Amanda was a favorite of many and I feel it might go in that direction, unless JoJo or Lauren get sent home next week, then I think it'll be one of them!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think the next bachelorette should be Caila. Yes, she may be a little annoying but she's energetic. Amanda always looks like she's going to cry, total wet blanket. Also, I'm totally judging but she shouldn't leave her kids again!!!! Becca needs a nice long courtship before she pops her cherry. Jojo is great and I looooove her mom but I think it's time for a little diversity! 

I would loooooove for Jubilee to be the next bachelorette but I know she was not really a fan favorite. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    chels0120 said:
    Now that you say it, this is totally something they would do. I definitely see it as a possibility. 

@Kellyj103 If it ended up being Amanda they would probably accommodate her by having it in her hometown like they did for Emily. Plus she doesn't live far from LA anyhow. 
  • Options
    chels0120 said:
    Now that you say it, this is totally something they would do. I definitely see it as a possibility. 

@Kellyj103 If it ended up being Amanda they would probably accommodate her by having it in her hometown like they did for Emily. Plus she doesn't live far from LA anyhow. 
    They have never picked someone below top 4, so I kind of doubt it. I just don't see it. Also producers were claiming the next bachelorette would likely be "non-white" in their effort to appease people who say it's an all-white franchise. Caila being half Filipino is their only option to go that route. Unless they pick Jubilee or Amber and I don't see 11th place and below getting a shot.

https://www.tv.com/m/shows/the-bachelorette/community/post/bachelorette-not-white-minority-abc-145239542782/
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @tmk0325 I was going to post everything you just said hahaha. I think it will be Amanda because everyone on social media has loved her- she seems like a popular choice. Also, she is very comparable to Emily, who got far into the season, we met her daughter, she had a sad story (like Amanda)... I seriously think they will choose Amanda as bachelorette. 
  • Options
    Ugh so mad he got rid of Amanda. I think it sucks that he met her kids and then decided to let her go. What a sucky situation for her. Caila is sweet but their relationship is weird. Also anyone recognize JoJo's brother? I swear he has been on tv before. I love JoJo and hope he picks her. 
  • Options
    @juliagulia38 yes!!!!!! My friend and avid reality tv watcher says Jojo's brother, the more attractive one, was on a reality tv show with Eva Longoria something where she played matchmaker. It was cancelled and then she started dating him!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Kellyj103 said:
    @juliagulia38 yes!!!!!! My friend and avid reality tv watcher says Jojo's brother, the more attractive one, was on a reality tv show with Eva Longoria something where she played matchmaker. It was cancelled and then she started dating him!!! 
    Oh!! The one with the guy from plain white T's!! I watched that show. Haha I knew he looked familiar. 
  • Options
    I recognized him too! It's embarrassing since the show he was on was cancelled after two episodes! I really watch too much reality tv! He is hot and successful though. Maybe he can be the next bachelor and jojo the bachelorette??! 
  • Options
    Here is an interesting read: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-bachelor-hometown-dates-what-really-goes-down_us_56cc8d69e4b041136f186265?

I was wondering how all these girls lived in those FAT houses. I know Jojo's fam is loaded but it seemed like all of Ben's girls were loaded. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oh. My. Gosh. You guys! Those turtles are literally the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my life. I so badly want to do that!
  • Options
    @silvers626 those were the CUTEST!!!!

anywho- after last night I have no idea if he picks Lauren or Jojo. Leaning more towards Lauren though- and I feel like Caila is in a good position to be the next bachelorette!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's gotta be Lauren. Plus I don't think he wants to worry about handling Jojo's family. He seems like he doesn't want anything he perceives as complicated. 
  • Options
    I feel pretty confident that he wanted to say "I love you" to one so the producers egged him into saying I love you to the other. OR the producers asked if he loved anyone and he said yes and they came up with this idea to say it now, when normally the lead doesn't until the proposal, and maybe then they told him to say it to the final two. Everything "dramatic" that happens on this show is 98% producer-driven.
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mandyjulie that's the thing that sucks about reality tv. It's supposed to be real but unfortunately some reality shows get over produced. I hope Ben wouldn't let that happen though.