Cloth Diapering
Options

What we used to cloth diaper all 4 of our kids from day 1!

Back in 2009 when I was pregnant with my first I was on this board ALL of the time soaking up everything I could about cloth diapering. It can be overwhelming at times! I decided to write up a list of all of our must have items that we used to cloth diaper all 4 of our kids. When our 3rd was born our oldest was 33 months so we had all 3 in cloth diapers! Now, we're nearing the end of our cloth diapering years with our youngest at 17 months but I remember spending HOURS on this forum and learned so much. I'm so grateful. 

If anyone is interested in the products that got us through it, here's my list: https://herenowus.com/2016/01/26/our-top-10-must-have-items-for-cloth-diapering/  If it's not allowed for me to link to my blog I'm happy to post the list here too and happy to answer any questions about the process. I wanted to pay it forward for all that I learned here.

Good luck to all of you doing your research ;) It's really such a fun and rewarding process.

Mama to 4 kids: girl 2009, boy 2010, girl 2012, boy 2014

www.herenowus.com

Re: What we used to cloth diaper all 4 of our kids from day 1!

• Options
    So glad I hear you had a good experience with GMD prefolds and Thristies covers! Did you use snap or "velcro"? I prefer snaps (I used them on my son at the end of our diaper wearing time) but they don't seem to have a place to tuck the prefolds into, which I plan on doing sometimes. Did you ever use them like inserts or only with the Snappi? Thank you for sharing your list. It's nice to see I'm thinking along the right lines!
  • Options
    Thanks!!! There's SO much info out there, it's really difficult to take it all in sometimes! Seeing someone who has had real experience over several kids really helps!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cosupi4 said:
    So glad I hear you had a good experience with GMD prefolds and Thristies covers! Did you use snap or "velcro"? I prefer snaps (I used them on my son at the end of our diaper wearing time) but they don't seem to have a place to tuck the prefolds into, which I plan on doing sometimes. Did you ever use them like inserts or only with the Snappi? Thank you for sharing your list. It's nice to see I'm thinking along the right lines!

We used the Velcro - I'm not sure if they had snaps at the time or if I missed them. But I'd say the velcro held up pretty good for us considering they went through 4 kids! Yes, in the earlier days I tried to tuck the prefold into the cover or use it as in insert, but it never really stayed in place and if you've got a baby on the move I don't think it would work very well. The snappi just holds everything together so well!

Mama to 4 kids: girl 2009, boy 2010, girl 2012, boy 2014

www.herenowus.com

• Options
    I'm definitely getting the Snappi and glad to hear the velcro held up well. :)
  • Options
    This might be a dumb question, but are you able to use prefolds as an "insert" in a pocket diaper instead of the ones that actually go with that diaper? I'm new to this and want to make sure we buy as effectively as we can. 
  • Options
    Yes prefolds can be used to stuff pockets as can flats.  Flats are true NB to PT/PL diapers and can be trimmer than prefolds when padfolded.

I was a regular on this board until the board members moved as a group last year now I and a few others check in here periodically.  Back when we were here, one of the members basically dared me to try folding a receiving blanket using flat folds and I found out how easy it really was and I have loved them ever since my son was about a year old (when I accepted the dare)

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    Yes prefolds can be used to stuff pockets as can flats.  Flats are true NB to PT/PL diapers and can be trimmer than prefolds when padfolded.

I was a regular on this board until the board members moved as a group last year now I and a few others check in here periodically.  Back when we were here, one of the members basically dared me to try folding a receiving blanket using flat folds and I found out how easy it really was and I have loved them ever since my son was about a year old (when I accepted the dare)
    Flats/prefolds aren't my preferred method of cloth diapering, but I did use a receiving blanket once when in a pinch! And it worked well, no leaks :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @PipSqueak0313 what do you mean you guys moved boards? Is there another bump forum you guys use or you no longer use the bump? Why the switch? 
  • Options
    xJKxOR said:
    @PipSqueak0313 what do you mean you guys moved boards? Is there another bump forum you guys use or you no longer use the bump? Why the switch? 
    Sent pm

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook