Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Traveling with a 3 month old

I'm pregnant right now but in October my husband and I are planning a trip and our baby who will be around 3 months old. It will be 12 days total. 8 days at my family's cabin, then driving back to Florida with my family and going to Disney for a few days. My question is, do you think it will be too much for a baby that young? 

Re: Traveling with a 3 month old

• Options

As long as you stop every few hours on the driving parts, you should be fine. But be careful about you and your husband getting worn out. I think that would be the main issue with traveling that far and being that far from home with a little one.

His schedule won't change and probably won't be affected much by the drive but you two will be tired and sore for sure.

About Disney though, I'm not too sure. Typically you don't want babies out in the sun for very long until they're older, and you might want to find something to help with all the noise, it'll probably bother him.

• Options
    We're taking it easy at Disney. We'll mostly be at Epcot for the food and wine festival and probably won't do that till late afternoon. We might stop by Magic Kingdom but only to get pictures with some of the characters. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you're breastfeeding, I recommend getting s battery pack for your pump.  We did a long car trip at Christmas and I pumped and fed the baby a bottle in the back seat so we didn't have to stop and feed her every couple of hours.  
  • Options
    Disney is extremely expensive. I'd try to bring everything you need for the kids and baby inside the parks for the entire time. Make sure to keep baby covered as it will get extremely hot and bright!! I don't think it will be too much for baby. It's good to take a trip anyway and try to relax and have some fun!
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Disney is extremely expensive. I'd try to bring everything you need for the kids and baby inside the parks for the entire time. Make sure to keep baby covered as it will get extremely hot and bright!! I don't think it will be too much for baby. It's good to take a trip anyway and try to relax and have some fun!
    Yeah DH and I go every year, this will just be the first year with a baby. So our normal week long Disney trip got cut down to 3 days. I'm excited/super nervous at the same time, thanks for the advice everyone! :)