TTC After a Loss

TTCAL check-in 2/15

13»

Re: TTCAL check-in 2/15

• @cjs260 I let my impatience get the best of me and tested yesterday evening (that there may be the issue itself) with a FRER and of course it was negative. AF is supposed to start today, but after a MC I guess there is no "supposed to" for a while (this is cycle 3 for me). So who knows. Anyways. Fingers crossed you get your BFP this weekend!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @babyroper16 That's my issue too! I'm currently 10 dpo but I have no clue when I'm actually due for AF, because my last three-ish cycles (if you could even call all of them cycles) have all been different. I read a few different places that most tests are 99% accurate by 16 dpo (but I don't know the validity of that). Some cheapies came with my OPKs, so I might burn one or two of those between now and Saturday just to get it out of my system before pulling out the special occasion pee sticks, haha! I'm starting to get really antsy. FX for you, too! I'm not sure how you feel, but I'm going to try not to count myself out until AF comes - mainly since we are under not-normal circumstances. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Loading the player...
  • 100% on the same page as you @cjs260
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @jenmlangtake2 I'm glad it stopped! Our bodies can be so confusing and frustrating. I totally understand the conflict between trying not to get your hopes up and hoping very much that things will work out how you want. When I got my BFP I had a giant temp drop at 11 DPO that seemed too late for implantation so I had those same hopeful/trying not to be hopeful feelings. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and send good thoughts your way! And yes, let's all get KU and be due in November together. That sounds like a good plan :)
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• @zrain I think the only thing keeping me sane is being completely crazy. Haha! Consuming myself completely this cycle is actually keeping me mostly calm. 

That probably makes no sense......

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • @jenmlangtake2 Totally!!! If you focus all the crazy toward one thing then there's less crazy everywhere else. Or something. Now I don't make sense either. But I'm pretty sure I get what you're saying.
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15

• @jenmlangtake2 @zrain @babyroper16 I like this idea! Let's do it, haha! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• l
    @jenmlangtake2 I like the idea of us all moving to November together! First one there start the PGAL thread and we'll meet you there!

Ugh I'm CD15 and my boobs hurt and I feel crampy, but still no positive OPK. My apps are expecting me to O at CD 17 and 18 respectively. We've been BD-ing EOD, but does anyone know if there is any harm in BD-ing ED? My plan was go 3 days in a row this weekend based on my predicted o dates. Am I gonna exhaust H's sperm supply if my temp doesn't rise on Sunday and we need to keep at it? Considering going ED til my temps rise and that could be awhile. Thoughts?
  • @chloe97 ED should be just fine. From what I've read ED is only too much if your DH has a low sperm count. HIO!
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15

• 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) In Limbo. AF was due yesterday. BFN yesterday, and yet no AF in sight.

3. Rants/raves: DH is gone on an unexpected trip to Canada to visit his grandpa and help get things all packed up and taken care of since his grandma passed. She passed awhile ago, but they are finally in a good place emotionally to start getting her stuff packed up and either in storage or  redistributed among family since grandpa is moving out of the house and in with his daughter in Detroit. I wish I could be up there with DH to help, but I couldn't get off work. So I am home alone for the next week or so, just me and the pups.

4. GTKY: where will you be taking your next vacation or weekend getaway?

We were planning to visit DH's family after his grandpa is settled into his aunt's place in Detroit this summer. It remains to be seen if he wants to make a second trip up there this year. DH also has a few long weekend getaways planned. He wants to visit the River Fest in Wichita and the Hobbit hole hotel again since we had such a great time when we visited in the past.
  • I agree, ED should be fine @chloe97
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• so... Silly question... And I'll obviously just wait it out and test another day until AF comes...

But does anyone else have trouble getting concentrated enough urine? It doesn't matter what time I stop drinking fluid the night before, I wake up a couple of times a night. 

I planned on testing this am... Of course I woke up at 1:30, 3:30, and 5:30 with a full bladder. So I didn't even bother testing at 7:30 when the alarm went off. I'm only 9dpo and I knew there's no way 2 hours was enough to build up at this point. 

WTF bladder? Play along, please. 

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • @jemmlangtake2 yeah, I do. I hate being thirsty so I don't do fluid restrictions, and I frequently get up to pee at night (or at least let dog pee) and drink some water. This probably has at least a little to do with why I never get positive OPKs, but whatever. Eventually there will be enough hCG to show up no matter what. I didn't test early when I got pregnant so I don't know how early a BFP would have shown up, but at 13 DPO it was fairly light but very obvious. Now I start testing at about 8 DPO, because cheapies. 
  • so... Silly question... And I'll obviously just wait it out and test another day until AF comes...

But does anyone else have trouble getting concentrated enough urine? It doesn't matter what time I stop drinking fluid the night before, I wake up a couple of times a night. 

I planned on testing this am... Of course I woke up at 1:30, 3:30, and 5:30 with a full bladder. So I didn't even bother testing at 7:30 when the alarm went off. I'm only 9dpo and I knew there's no way 2 hours was enough to build up at this point. 

WTF bladder? Play along, please. 
    I am exactly the same way. FMU is a joke for me and my BFP was at 10 DPO with pee in the middle of the morning. It was faint, so I did a test with my next pee, about a half hour later, and it was darker. 
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• I get up at least once per night - but this TWW has me going to the bathroom all the freakin' time. Way too early to test (7DPO) and I have no idea of my LP so if AF doesn't show up, I'll still wait until 16DPO or maybe even 18DPO like the first time (which was SO dark the second line showed up at the same time as the control and just as dark nearly right away). Unfortunately DH doesn't understand testing early... he feels like it is setting yourself up for disappointment - I suppose if I knew my LP length better I could have a more convincing argument
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• catiecatp said:
    I get up at least once per night - but this TWW has me going to the bathroom all the freakin' time. Way too early to test (7DPO) and I have no idea of my LP so if AF doesn't show up, I'll still wait until 16DPO or maybe even 18DPO like the first time (which was SO dark the second line showed up at the same time as the control and just as dark nearly right away). Unfortunately DH doesn't understand testing early... he feels like it is setting yourself up for disappointment - I suppose if I knew my LP length better I could have a more convincing argument
    I've been able to hold it since 10 am. It's 2:12.... I'm trying to make it until 3 and I'm giving in to the early testing. If it's negative I'll wait until Sunday to test again (maybe). This TWW seems like the longest yet!!

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • @jenmlangtake2 FX, it's your last TWW and you get yor November baby!

I haven't even had a temp rise yet and I'm already feeling the BSC crazies set in. It's gonna be a long 2 weeks for me!

FX for some BFPs this weekend!!
  • @chloe97 My last successful pregnancy was ED CD8-15(O-day) with 2-a-days for CDs 13,14,&15. Since H passed the home SA that's what we're trying again this time, except I O closer to CD17-18 now so we'll start in a couple days.
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited February 2016
    Fingers crossed @jenmlangtake2!!!

@chloe97 - ditto PPs. I wouldn't stress too much about ED. If you and your H are comfortable with that, go for it. If that seems like way too much, I wouldn't stress about EOD either. It really does only take once in the FW. The cycle I got pregnant was -1 and -3. Anecdotal, but there you go. 

Interestingly, FF has a tidbit where they looked at timing and found that over 90% of pregnancy charts in their database had recorded sex on at least one of days between O, -1, -2, and -3. So, I use that to help me stress less about EOD, as that would hit two of those four days either way (this is how FF gives its timing ratings of low, good, or high - you need to hit three of those four days for "high" timing in FF)
  • Thanks @RiverSong15! I hadn't heard of that FF study, but it makes sense! 
  • @chloe97 Just to add to the whole timing conversation. The two times I've been pregnant, my timing was O,  O +1 and O only the second time. Like literally nothing else anywhere near ovulation. 

@GhanimaAtreides You are a warrior with that schedule! 

• @jenmlangtake2 FX for darkening lines! I too have problems with waking up several times a night to pee or take my dogs out to pee. My FMU is probably never very concentrated.
  • So, H and I just got back from visiting our friends with a brand spanking new baby. I was doing ok until the very end, when our friends started asking when we would have kids. They were totally in the new parent euphoria, and I'm so happy for them, but sad for me. H, Saint that he is, fielded those questions. And thankfully, they asked while we were on our way out the door. But just, ugh. This is just going to make me crazier as I sit here at 6 DPO.