Washington Babies

Are you pregnant and taking the bus in Downtown Seattle?

Are you pregnant and taking the bus in Downtown Seattle?  How do you deal with the smog and smokers at the bus stop?  I try to stay at least 20 feet away from the smokers while waiting for my bus, but I can still smell it.  I can't help but worry if it's hurting my baby.  It is so hard when a smoker sits beside me, I have to switch seats.  Right now it's easy for me to move around the bus, but when I'm further along, I have no idea what I'm going to do.  I thinking, "should I get a SARS mask?"  Recently I got onto a brand new bus, and the "new bus smell" (plastic) was so strong, I had to switch seats.  If I get on that new bus again, I'm getting right off and waiting for the next one.  Any tips?  

Answers

• I don't have any advice, but I feel you. This is my second pregnancy and we don't live there now, but for my first pregnancy I worked downtown. My husband and I started driving to work together because yes, it sucks when you're pregnant. 

Owner, Milk and Sugar Baby

www.milkandsugarbaby.com

ONEder Cover convertible nursing cover: Use 6+ ways from birth through childhood and beyond!
    Bibcloth! 2-in-1 burp cloth and bib
    Armchair Organizer: Keep everything handy while you rock your baby.

Mom to Noble (4/2013) and Forest (due 6/2016)
  • On the odor fighting side i think maybe having mints around would help? So you could take one to get distracted from the smell?

I try to just stand on the other side of the smoke based on the wind direction so it doesn't blow at me directly.