December 2015 Moms

Freemie pumping system: any reviews??

Has anyone or is anyone using the Freemie pumping system? It looks really interesting, and could be really useful while on my long morning commute when I go back to work. Any reviews??

Re: Freemie pumping system: any reviews??

• I just started using it and have a friend who loves it! It is convenient :)
  • 12815AEEA said:
    I just started using it and have a friend who loves it! It is convenient :)
    Do you use it with a compatible pump or the freemie pump?
  • Loading the player...
  • I would also love to use this in the car! 
  • We both use it with our Medela pumps. You can get a car plug for it! 
  • 12815AEEA said:
    We both use it with our Medela pumps. You can get a car plug for it! 
    How do you use it with your Medela pump?
  • You have to buy the correct Freemie for your pump and it comes with a little plastic piece that attaches the Medela tube to the freemie tube. Super easy
  • Omg...I had never heard of this and I am so excited to try it!! I've been pumping and trying to teach babies to breast feed since birth/leaving the NICU. After much debate and mom guilt, I've finally decided to become an exclusive pumper (for many reasons) and I HATE pumping. I just ordered these for my Medela pump and I can't wait for them to get here! Thanks for posting!!
  • Omg...I had never heard of this and I am so excited to try it!! I've been pumping and trying to teach babies to breast feed since birth/leaving the NICU. After much debate and mom guilt, I've finally decided to become an exclusive pumper (for many reasons) and I HATE pumping. I just ordered these for my Medela pump and I can't wait for them to get here! Thanks for posting!!
    Definitely report back after you try it, I am going to order mine this week!
  • Please give feedback! I've been debating on buying these and having my sister bring them when she visits along with a pump. It'll be a hassle for her so I want to know if it's worth it. TIA!!
  • Just ordered them tonight. I have two work friends who loved them too. I'm a teacher and I know how hard it was for me to find time to pump at work with my son. I'm hoping to be able to pump in the car on the way to work(!) as well as pump at lunch in my room with the door locked instead of in one of the staff bathrooms like last time. I'll report back on how it goes!
  • I ordered mine the other day! Can't wait for them to come :) 
  • Freemie users, how is it going? I'm about to place my order but I think I need a little push!
  • Loving it still! So worth it to me because I don't mind pumping now and I get a lot more milk now than I did before. 
  • I actually stopped using mine regularly because my boobies apparently demand compressions to fully empty (it does mention in the instructions that if you have to use compressions, they might not work for you). I gave myself a bit of mild mastitis after a coupe days. I still use them occasionally when I absolutely have to multitask, but I can't use them as much as I'd like.
  • @candace4erich oh no! I didn't realize they can't be used with compressions, that makes pumping go so much faster and more efficiently for me. This may be a game changer...
  • Yeah, they aren't forthcoming with that tidbit on the website, but it does say it in the instruction manual. I thought I wouldn't actually need to do compressions, but I was very wrong! You can massage the upper areas, but it's really difficult to get anywhere near halfway down your boob and further (at least for me).
  • Well I'm not getting them after all! The website wouldn't take my card because my billing address is not in the states. My plan was to have them shipped to my sister since she's coming to visit in 2 weeks. Anyway I called their customer service because usually when that happens they can process the order over the phone. The guy was a twat waffle! He laughed at me and said "yeah no I'm not going to take your card over the phone"