Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

feeling like the worst mom in the world.

Probably not an important discussion but i needed to vent. DH and I finally went out to dinner yesterday for valentines day since my LO has been born (hes 4 months). I had 3 glasses of champagne and had a bottle of pumped milk ready for him for when he wakes up (around 12:30, 1is) he woke up around 12:30 and i fed him 5 ounces which is more than he normally eats but he still wanted to suck, he is used to sucking on my nipple to help him go to sleep, I had no option but to let him suck. I know he got some of my milk although it was not a lot. Even though a few hours went by before he ate, i feel horrible that i drank and let him suck. DH and MIL are making me feel horrible and i have been stressing all day about it. Just wanted to vent :-/

Re: feeling like the worst mom in the world.

• Options
    Not much alcohol passes. The rule is that if you are ok to drive you are ok to nurse. If he had 5oz already he probably didn't drink much when he was comfort sucking anyway. I'm sure the babies who have had whiskey rubbed on their teething gums ingested more alcohol. Tell everyone to chill out. 
  • Options
    Not much alcohol passes. The rule is that if you are ok to drive you are ok to nurse. If he had 5oz already he probably didn't drink much when he was comfort sucking anyway. I'm sure the babies who have had whiskey rubbed on their teething gums ingested more alcohol. Tell everyone to chill out. 
    This!!! Not cool that DH is making you feel guilty!
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seriously, totally inappropriate to make you feel guilty. I don't know what time you had dinner but the average body processes alcohol at the rate of one drink per hour so three glasses of wine would be about three hours, plus you ate and I'm guessing spaced out the champagne (as in didn't slam three glasses in a row) so it is highly unlikely you passed a substantial amount, if any, alcohol to your baby. 
  • Options

The amount of alcohol that actually goes into breast milk is pretty low as is, and as long as you waited a few hours he probably got next to none. It's nothing to worry about, pumping and dumping is pretty much pointless unless you got hammered and had to pump within the hour or so. Also champagne isn't that strong to begin with?

• Options
    Seriously, Ive had a glass of wine while DD is bfing. I personally don't feel bad maybe I should but I've read the same as PP if you can drive you can feed.