August 2015 Moms

Chlomid?

Did any of you ladies take chlomid? Curious how long Doctor requires you to wait before taking it postpartum (and after breastfeeding). 

Re: Chlomid?

• Why would you be taking clomid? Clomid has a lifetime of 6 cycles. So unless you are TTC right now, and still have fertility issues (they can change drastically during a pregnancy) then I would seriously side-eye anyone telling you to take clomid already.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I thought 6 cycles before taking a break from it.  I figure we will TTC later this year, and it is in the back of my head since I do not ovulate regularly. I will obviously try naturally first, but can't help but worry that extra help will be needed. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be easier this time after 1 pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • irohspupilirohspupil member
    edited February 2016
    You can only use clomid for a maximum of 6 cycles in a lifetime. Ironically, while clomid can help you conceive, it also destroys the cervical fluid you produce which helps the sperm swim to the egg. 
    I highly recommend you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you haven't already. Start charting your cycles if you haven't. Please feel free to join the TTGP board on The Bump. Just make sure you read the newbie threads first ;)

best  of luck to you<3

Edited because words are hard

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ^This. I am not good with words most days.
    You should definitely join in the TTC board. I'm over there, and would be happy to help you get started or answer questions. The ladies there are a fount of knowledge and extremely supportive. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.