September 2016 Moms
Options

Mommies to be having twins!

how many mommies to be do we have in here having twins? I would love to connect with those who are going through the same obstacles!

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mommies to be having twins!

• Options
    I've been wondering how many of us are having multiples as well. We're having our 2nd set of twins. DS and DD turned 6 in December so this is perfect timing in my opinion. Even though my EDD is 3 September, I won't go past 20 August more than likely. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having fraternal twins (I only know that since we did IVF and put back 2 embryos, so we know they're not identical)!

I'm due September 3rd, too, but I'm thinking it'll be mid-August when they arrive.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    I haven't posted a ton on the board, but am expecting di/di twins.   My due date is September 13, but my doctor said to plan for the end of August at the latest.  Congrats, twin mommies!
  • Options
    Love that we have a good amount of us! We are due September 2 but don't know gender yet.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hey ladies, I've been on the Oct board because my original due date is 10/01, but I'm thinking we will have Sept babies. I'm 7w today and found out yesterday we are having twins too.  We got to hear both heartbeats which was amazing.  Looking forward to connecting with you all!
  • Options
    I am also having twins! Due on September 7 but I'm sure they will be here in August.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @girvin21 mine were measuring 6w5d on Thursday so I think you and I are about the same!  

Is is anybody else potentially having identical twins? They weren't able to find a membrane between them at our ultrasound.  I've read at this point it may be too early to see, but I'm still freaked!  Apparently being in the same sac can be really dangerous. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    @mamadomino it will be nice to have someone with the same timeline!

Ours are fraternal- they each had their own yolk sac.  Hopefully you'll be able to see more at your next appointment! 
  • Options
    Twin mommy to be here too.. I am due 9/1 but know they will be making their arrival in August.
  • Options
    Twins here too!  Due Sept 2!  Lots of bleeding complications in the last three days though so keep us in your prayers! So happy to have this thread! Congrats to all of you other twin mommas!
  • Options
    Twins for me too! due 14 th September :) 

So excited but also nervous. This is my first pregnancy and I have no idea what to expect. 

So glad there are so many others having twins too 
  • Options
    We are having twins also! Due Sept 3 :) We have a son who will be 2 in April and wanted one more child but surprise! There's two haha

Pregnancy Ticker
    Me: 26  DH: 25
    Wyatt born 04/2015 after Clomid + 3 IUIs
    BFP with #2 and #3 on 12/27/2015 after Clomid
  • Options
    Twins over here as well!  I just found out at the 9 week mark when I went for my first appointment.  Totally unexpected and I'm kind of freaking out about how it's all going to work with my toddler (she'll be 3 in December) and my job but we'll figure it out.  I'm really glad to be able to connect with other twin moms.  

My 40 week EDD is Sept 16 but I'm guessing they'll be here earlier than that.  
  • Options
    @apkd I'm with you on the toddler thing!  Ours will be 7,5 and these two are due on our littles 3rd birthday!  It's going to be a crazy adventure!  
  • Options
    I just found out were having twins, I am nine weeks.this is my first
  • Options
    Not having twins but I am one!  Lucky ladies...  Twins are the best!
  • Options
    I'm currently pregnant with twins and I'm due 9/5. I also have a two year old so I'm still trying to wrap my head around having 3 under 3! 
  • Options
    This pregnancy is so different from my first one.  I'm sick all the time and I feel like at 10 weeks I'm showing as much as I did when I was almost 6 months along last time.  

@Anya Lynn 
    wow.  I feel like I could learn a lot from you though, you've already had the multiple toddlers experience.  I haven't seen you post anywhere else about the bleeding so I am hoping all is well.  I'll be thinking of you. 

@mamadomino my twins are di/di but we won't know whether they're fraternal or identical until the anatomy scan or (if they're same sex) upon a dna test after birth.  
  • Options
    @apkd , I am also showing soooo early.  I know that is somewhat to be expected, but I'm 11 weeks and already in maternity clothes, which blows my mind.  Plus, I just feel so much more pregnant...like the weight in my uterus is already so heavy.  This twin thing is going to be a whole new ballgame!
  • Options
    @apkd our ultrasound tech said she's pretty confident mine are identical based on how they are situated.  I'm hoping they are at least mo/di.  We're still waiting to rule out mo/mo, which scares me! 

And @Ssoccerball and @apkd I feel like I'm showing already. This is my second pregnancy but I'm only 8 weeks! If I wear a fitted shirt there's definitely a lump that wasn't there before.  My pants were already getting tight when I got pregnant, but this is ridiculous! 
    ***********************************************************************************************

• Options
    Ladies your not alone I'm already showing and feel heavy down there! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oh you're so not alone!  Before I could easily hid a pregnancy until the 5-6month mark but this time around it's not happening. And the heaviness is so much more!!  And the nausea! I'm so ready for that to be done!  

@apkd bleeding is still happening. But babies still look good every time we get checked. So hopefully it will subside soon. It's making me such a basket case!  Lol!!  But I've definitely been there with the multiple toddlers thing so I'm happy to help calm any fears!  It's totally doable!  
  • Options
    The nausea is awful!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hello Ladies! I am also a twin mommie-to-be due September 24! I am showing sooooo much right now! It's getting hard to hide and I am trying to wait until the 12 week mark to tell people (I am currently 9 weeks!). 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just as a check in, how's everyone doing with there double bundles of joy??
    I saw my high risk OB for the first time today and had another U/S. I'm 12 weeks 1 day according to the doctor but one baby is measuring at 12 weeks 5 days and the other is measuring right at 13 weeks. Wish I could remember what DS & DD measured at this point but I don't recall them measuring bigger so soon. Hopefully it'll just mean two more decent-sized twins. :

• Options
    @UnwritteN12 I feel like I'm still in disbelief!  I'm still really nervous something is going to go wrong, especially since mine are either mo/mo or mo/di.  I have another ultrasound Friday at 9 weeks so hopefully I'll feel a little better then. 

• Options
    Babies looked great today at our ultrasound. Praying all stays well. I'm still soaking it all in that I'm having TWO!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm with you @mamadomino I still am in a bit of disbelief and trying to not worry too much that something is wrong. Next appointment is Friday and it can't come soon enough!  The bleeding is still there. Minimal but still there. So that's making my anxiety so much worse this time around!
  • Options
    Thanks for checking in, @UnwritteN12

I also find myself a little anxious and in disbelief.  I can't wait for my 12 week appointment next week.  Meanwhile, everyone around me knows I am pregnant with twins a few earlier than I wanted them to, but I'm showing so much that I felt like I had no choice but to share.

My nausea has decreased tremendously, but now I wake up in the middle of the night burning up.  

I hope your appointment goes well, @Anya Lynn 
  • Options
    @Anya Lynn that sounds so stressful! I'm sorry you are still bleeding.  But yay for Friday appointments! Maybe it will feel a little more real once I see them again and know they are ok! 

• Options
    Everything's good over here.  

I am a little worried that my bump seems small compared to the ones in the HDBD threads, even though the babies are measuring right on track and I'm on the high end of my weight gain curve chart according to Ovia (I've gained somewhere between 7 and 9 pounds). But I was a size 00 pre-pregnancy, so that might explain it?

Trying to get an "official" ultrasound scheduled (because my OB insists on me having one done by someone who's not him or my RE to double check that they don't look identical; in spite of the chances of that being the case being stupidly low) which means jumping through hoops with my OB's office and the hospital.

We had one scheduled through the OB's office, but decided to go with the hospital instead because the company my OB outsources to for these things is apparently a complete disaster.  That and I'm hoping to get a better quality ultrasound at the hospital since my doctor has a terrible quality u/s machine.

It's supposed to get done between 13 and 14 weeks.  I'm 12w4d today.

• Options
    @MojieJo don't worry about comparing your bump! Most of those are second or third time moms.  Every pregnancy is different and not showing until way later is totally normal.  

• Options
    @mamadomino Thanks!  I needed that. :smile: 

I'm guess I'm just second guessing myself here.  I feel pretty noticeably pregnant at this point, even though I'm only rocking a small bump, then I compare myself to other moms and get worried.  I do get paranoid about whether I'm "doing it right" since this is my first time going through this. :lol: 

• Options
    @MojieJo you're welcome! This is my second pregnancy and I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing.  And twins are a whole different ball game! 

• Options
    We're expecting twins as well. Due date was originally September 15th, but at our last appointment we were told mid to late August. Symptoms have been strong, but I'm pushing through. I'm 11 weeks  and these babies are making their appearance known. 
    Congratulations to you all. We're still in shock, but super excited!  :)
  • Options
    I had a second ultrasound today and both babes are looking great!  They confirmed they are identical and share a placenta, but are in separate sacs which is great news.  Both heartbeats were perfect and both are measuring 8w6d, which is one day behind what I thought based on ovulation.  

• Options
    Yay! @mamadomino that's great!!! So glad they are doing well!  

We had another ultrasound today as well. Both measure good. One was stretched out and wiggling like crazy and the other was curled up and maybe sleeping? Heart rates were good though!  Subchorionic bleed was still visible so I'm still stuck being a bump on a log. 
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited February 2016
    I got my ultrasound scheduled.  May (baby brain) March 9th, then back to the OB on the 14th.  

I'm going to be nervous waiting for those appointments, though.  I'm still getting used to not seeing my doctor (and my babies) every week like I did with my RE.

Making myself paranoid today because my bump seems a tiny bit smaller (haven't lost any weight) and so do my boobs, but I'm guessing it's my hormones plateauing since I'm almost at the end of the first trimester.  Sometimes I wish this wasn't my first rodeo so I knew what to expect a little better.