July 2015 Moms
Options

Lo's eye color

my LO has blue eyes (7 months now) and I can't get over that they haven't changed. my husband has hazel and I have green. the only blue-eyed people are my husbands dad and grandfather. I keep thinking they're going to change but they have no spec of brown and continue to be a blue! They're a deep blue, so very pretty. Has anyone's baby eye color changed? My ped said they can change up until a year. 

Re: Lo's eye color

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO has very brown eyes...I was hoping he'd get my grey ones! For a while he had a pretty slate grey, but they've since changed to a hazel-y dark brown. They're darker than DH's, though, so I think they'll lighten up a bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS's eyes are still mostly gray. DH and I both have brown eyes so I'm sure that's what he'll end up with.  My mom said that my eyes were the same gray and didn't change until I was 1 so I'm not surprised that his haven't changed yet. I'm expecting him to have the same eye color as me once they do change 
  • Options
    FSBCFSBC member
    edited February 2016
    @AKOL0 those eyes are going to stay light. They remind me of my daughters, who is now 10. They changed into a green/grey hazel at around 1 or shortly after. Depending on what she wears they will look more blue/grey or very green. Beautiful though all the time! 
    These are them when they look more green. Some days they are so light grey its crazy.

eyes.jpg 947.2K
    Me~35 Wife~32
    Together 6 years
    Married 2014
    TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
    11/5-ER
    11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
    Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
    7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

• Options
    My baby's eyes are still blue. Her father has blue eyes and mine are blue-green so I think that's what she'll stay with.  
  • Options
    My husbands and my own eyes are both brown. My daughters have changed and are now brown and have been for a couple months now
  • Options
    VTomanVToman member
    edited February 2016
    My DD still has blue eyes. My eyes are brown and daddy's eyes are green hazel. My SIL has blue eyes, so it's possible they will stay blue. I'm hoping if they do change, she'll have her father's eye color. 
  • Options
    Hubby has blue eyes and I have hazel but she definetly looks like they are going hazel, a little hard to tell still. 
  • Options
    My baby girl has had blue eyes since, I want to say...2 or 3 months, they are getting brighter and brighter! They are just like her daddy's but the shape of mine. Both our families have light eyes (mine are green), no one has brown eyes, so not much of a surprise 
  • Options
    I don't know how well you can see in this pic, because it's not the best lighting, but I often describe her eye color as "the ocean after a storm" haha. It's beautiful, but I'm thinking it will change to a greenish color. DH's eyes are a combo of mossy green and forest green. Mine are a light bluish green.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • Options
    I dont have a good pic of LO's eyes but they are currently hazel and I am hoping they stay that way. Mine are hazel and SO's are Brown. 
  • Options
    DS has blue eyes there like a light dark blue if that makes sense lol. I have green eyes I'm the only one out of my parents and siblings to have green they all have brown eyes. But both my grandmothers had green eyes so that's where I got it from. DH has blue he comes from a family of blues. So LOs will most likely stay blue. I was hoping for green like me but green is such a rare eye color to have