Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Hyper baby?

my son is 7 months and is super active. He is constantly babbling loud as if he were yelling crawls super fast and hates being in his playpen and high chair for few minutes. All he wants to do is crawl especially after the dog, but my problem is at night. He barely naps in the day time (and knows the difference between day and night) we try and keep him up but sometimes can't during the day so he will nap for 30min or max 1hour. His routine is bath oatmeal get out his energy in the play pen bottle and sleep.sometimes he wakes up and won't go back to sleep no matter what then he is up till 3:30 am latest. He is constantly yelling (happy yelling) jumping standing in his crib dropping his binky to get my attention when I let him cry there to tire himself. He laughs when I say no or put a serious face and try and teach him no is no. He is always laughing. Bangs on everything! Other times he does this after the routine and will stay up till 12-3:30. Not sure what to do.

Re: Hyper baby?

• Options
    Sounds like he might be overtired, if he's up for hours at night.
     At 7 months, we put LO on an EASY routine, including consistent nap and bedtimes. There was some CIO in the beginning, but he adjusted to the routine pretty easily to where he would go down for a nap with barely any fuss. We use the same sleep cues for naps as we do at night (sleep sack, dark room, white noise). 
    7 months is still too early for a baby to really understand "no". 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options

I agree, he's probably overly tired. Bad daytime naps usually lead to crappy night time sleeping. Short naps are pretty common for babies that age BUT it's more likely from him being overly tired. With babies, you have to put them down for a nap at the first sign of being tired. At this point it should be a little more obvious to you what his tired signs are. Give him a bottle and put him down to sleep.

Why are you having him get out his energy in the play pen? Can't he just roam around before bed?

Sounds like he's just an active kid and happy to be able to crawl. The key is getting him to nap better during the day so I would work on that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree, he's probably overly tired. Bad daytime naps usually lead to crappy night time sleeping. Short naps are pretty common for babies that age BUT it's more likely from him being overly tired. With babies, you have to put them down for a nap at the first sign of being tired. At this point it should be a little more obvious to you what his tired signs are. Give him a bottle and put him down to sleep.

Why are you having him get out his energy in the play pen? Can't he just roam around before bed?

Sounds like he's just an active kid and happy to be able to crawl. The key is getting him to nap better during the day so I would work on that.

I figured maybe in the playpen because I just bathed him and didn't want him to get dirty lol also sometimes I can't have him crawling because my apt isn't 100% baby proof and I also have a dog who he loves to chase n will bite him if he grabs his tail I don't like to leave them alone. Also I'm a college student so at times I have to do homework and it's hard to go back n fourth. Yes he is active though even the doctor said it, everyone says it lol. I'll try so far we have been putting him to bed later and he's been pretty good