July 2016 Moms

Week of 2/8/16 Randoms

Re: Week of 2/8/16 Randoms

• I ended up cancelling cuz I was dry-heave-y today and didn't want dental tools in my mouth.  Though I do enjoy the fresh and cleanliness after going to the dentist!!!!  I'll try again next month.  @Lindsayleigh1989
  • Loading the player...
  • Favorite clothing hack for pregnancy: Buckle brand tank tops. I wore them as my cami/shell/undershirt throughout my entire first pregnancy and am doing the same with this one. They are long, snug enough to be comfortable and not roll constantly, and they don't stretch out, so they are awesome for when you have your baby on the outside and still want a great tank.  
    I just bought two new colors, and thought I'd share this bit of "normal clothing" happiness. :)
  • I'm pretty sure I cracked a tooth today. So not cool. 

To to everyone who is anxious for your A/S, I think it's totally normal to feel that way before an appointment. I agree with @noelietrex that you have to try and think of yourself as the rule and not the exception since that is most likely the case. Good luck to everyone and FX for you!
  • benten24 said:
    I am one happy mama right now. And yes, I will be eating cookies for breakfast today. 
    mmmmmm!! I hope my order is in soon!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• MamaBish  I did....he still remained firmly in the camp of his parents probably did their research and the crib must be up to today's standards. He's never objective with his family, I shouldn't expect it to start now.

Nikko Blue  We are actually there quite often and spend a weekend with them every other month or so. I envision this eventually escalating to a lot of hurt feelings because I bring my pack and play anyway or we'll just severely decrease our visiting.
  • MamaBish said:
    My in-laws set up a nursery in their house. We just hit 19 weeks and haven't even decided on a theme or bought anything. 

BUT - the real kicker...they put their 35 year old crib up and think it's the best thing that their grandchild will be able to use it. I asked my husband to speak with them and tell them it's unnecessary as we will bring our pack and play when we visit and he took great offense to the fact that I seemed to think his parents would put anything less than safe in their house. I just don't even want to deal with this.
    Ugh. I would not be ok with that crib either! Would it help if you showed DH some studies that show how unsafe those are?
    My husband was convinced we were using the awful death trap crib from when we was a baby. The laminate fake wood one with metal mattress springs and a creepy lamb decal. 

We we live in the house my husband grew up in and are always finding treasures from the early 80s. He is also the son of immigrants and they never get rid of anything. 

I have found that that picking my battles with the baby is the best way to go. I am pretty fluid about everything but the big stuff. He knows I mean business when I flat out say no. I have a very calm, very serious look I send his way. And then on we go. 
  • @aceoffaith - Ugh, you're in a tough spot. I would show him why it's unsafe (possibly lead paint, too much space between slates, etc). Hopefully that will open his eyes. I would try to phrase it not that his parents are being careless but more that they don't may not realize how much has changed since your husband was a baby. I agree with @Natina6 about picking your battles and this is probably one of them!
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Yes, it's just a tricky one to battle! I'm hoping I can get my eyes on this crib and hopefully get some manufacturer info on it. I have to concede that this is a slim chance that it's ok, but I certainly am not taking any chances. We have several months still, maybe this is just going to be one of those slowly evolving issues that everyone needs time to see the light.
  • @aceoffaith Just always bring your pnp and say baby sleeps so well in pnp. It's what he/she is used to. My mom keeps messaging me about stuff from when my brother and I were babies, 30+ years old. I know she means well and I get the sentimental part. But I'd like to not have to worry about hurting feelings if I turn those things down. 

Does anyone else here get stitch fix? They've been sending me so many awesome maternity clothes I'm having a hard time sending things back! But I don't want to start a huge, expensive collection of maternity clothes either. Ahhhh. 
  • We are going to the parade today for the Broncos, Murph loves parades, I am excited to see him so excited.
  • @Racso12 - I do! And I kept my entire shipment last time...I was in such dire need of pants and everything was so cute. In the last box I got some flowy shirts that aren't technically maternity and a super cute cardigan. I'm hoping those will carry through to post-baby but I've given up on not wearing maternity pants 
  • I just got my Old Navy maternity clothes that I ordered online! The low-panel maternity jeans fit me SO much better than the full-panel ones! I'm excited to have some nice new clothes that I feel good in!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • jjtrufflesjjtruffles member
    edited February 2016
    So I was scheduled for my anatomy scan this afternoon. Got to my appointment 20 minutes early and as I was getting checked in the power went out. So DH and I are sitting in the waiting room in the dark for about 10 minutes and then the fire alarm goes off. Everybody evacuate the building! So we've been sitting in our car for 40 minutes now, waiting to find out if we're going to be allowed to re-enter the building and get my scan. I'm just trying not to pee my pants!  :s

ETA: After keeping everyone waiting for an hour, the fire department gave the all clear. No fire. So they let everyone back inside the building and had us all packed like sardines in the main lobby for a good 15 minutes before stating that the building was only running at half power, they didn't know why, and all appointments for the day were cancelled. Really glad that by that point I was literally in pain from holding my pee for 2 hours for nothing.

We just wanted to see that our LO is healthy & developing right on target...and find out if it's a he or a she! I haven't had an ultrasound since 8 weeks and was so excited for today. Talk about disappointing  :/ Now I have to call tomorrow morning and reschedule. They better be able to get me in before my already scheduled prenatal follow-up appointment next Tuesday!
  • My random is definitely a rant, I'm finding work so frustrating at the minute. I work in a nursing home in the kitchen and the work is constant. My boss decided that I don't do enough,which I really do, so she decided to give me more to do. I told her today that I didn't feel able to do it all anymore, to which she replied "get on with it". All the while, the other pregnant lady in work had barely lifted a finger since she announced. Anyone have any idea how to keep yourself from getting really annoyed and frustrated in work, I don't want to take my frustration out on people that don't deserve it! Sorry for the rant :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • @aceoffaith I am right there with you, except our expect us to use it at our home. His sister used it for her kids, and many others have used it for theirs, so if we turn it down, people will think that we think that they are not caring parents and would purposefully put their kids at risk. Thankfully because we don't have room for a crib in our current place, we won't have to deal with that for a good year or so. 
  • blissylissy86 I cannot imagine! Hopefully someone else in the family needs it before you'll have space to take it on!
  • I'm in the same boat of being anxious for my ultrasound and anatomy scan - it seems like all these other pregnant people around me are finding out what they're having and seeing new pictures of their little one EXCEPT me!

Along with worrying about whether everything's ok, I'm also anxious about the sex. Both husband and I really want one over the other...I've even purchased things for that specific sex that I'm hoping I don't have to return. I know it sounds so immature to worry about that, but I just really want it to be what we want it to be! Haha 

Oh, and because my little brother has heart disease, I have to get a fetal echocardiogram done the same day as my ultrasound/as and am nervous about that. So far, the heartbeat has been strong and high, I just hope there's nothing else wrong.

Pregnancy is such a mindf@$&
  • Puddles03 said:
    Totally random but whom ever mentioned LUSH for face creams and products, thank you but at the same time I just spend a mini fortune and am already hooked! 
    Yes! Also the bath bombs are amazing!  I have to actually avoid the store so I don't buy it or I also love their fresh masks! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @Lindsayleigh1989 are bath bombs like a one and done thing? I never take baths, and have never used one, but my bff got me one for Christmas and I'm gonna take a bath at my mom's one of these days (bigggg tub) but idk how to use it? Lol I assume just dump it in the water and enjoy?
  • rakel88 said:
    @Lindsayleigh1989 are bath bombs like a one and done thing? I never take baths, and have never used one, but my bff got me one for Christmas and I'm gonna take a bath at my mom's one of these days (bigggg tub) but idk how to use it? Lol I assume just dump it in the water and enjoy?
    They are but some of them are huge that I try to break them up to since they are kind of spendy. 

• I've been SO sick (and I never get sick, ever). Started with a stuffy nose, thought it was allergies. Then came a cough a horrible cough and almost asthma like symptoms.. Now I have what feels like a bruise under my left eye, and my mom said that maybe sounds like a sinus infection?
    Sooo I called to make an appointment with my doctor and was pleasantly surprised to learn that they do "telephone visits," where a doctor on duty calls you, no co-pay required, talks to you about symptoms and determines whether you need to actually come in or they'll call in a rx for you/tell you what OTC meds to take. So. Waiting for that call now. Hope I don't need to actually go in. Also hope I can get meds and get rid of this crap, over itttttt! I've had to cancel 3 Zumba classes, haven't worked out in almost 2 weeks, my dogs are restless cause they've gotten only the shortest walks.. :(
  • rakel88 said:
    @Lindsayleigh1989 are bath bombs like a one and done thing? I never take baths, and have never used one, but my bff got me one for Christmas and I'm gonna take a bath at my mom's one of these days (bigggg tub) but idk how to use it? Lol I assume just dump it in the water and enjoy?
    They are but some of them are huge that I try to break them up to since they are kind of spendy. 
    True. I kinda hope I don't get hooked..
  • @rakel88 so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! The phone call dr visit sounds awesome though ! Hopefully they call you soon and you be on the mend! Also I love Zumba 

• @rakel88 is your bath bomb a solid thing or a jar?  If it is bottled im sure you could split it easily. Also if it is a solid colored lush bomb just toss it in the water but try not to hold it once it's wet as some may dye your hands ;) but once it's in the water you are fine and don't have to worry about the dye ;) 

• @Lindsayleigh1989 thanks! She wasn't really able to help much, basically said it didn't sound like a sinus infection and probably just need to ride it out + drink lots of fluids. The worst part is missing my classes! :( Zumba is my favorite.

the bath bomb is just a solid ball. Thanks for the tip on not holding it, knowing me I'd be playing with it in the water and wondering after why my hands are all green..
  • Baby doesn't like Hubby. He's strong enough to feel him from the outside but every time H tries he stops moving. :p 
  • sboston06 said:
    @Shelby00519  maybe baby really likes hubby and he is comforting him/her??
    ^^ This gave me all the feels & the sweetest image in my head  :'( <-- (good tears)
  • I am not looking forward to surgery on Friday. I know it's going to hurt. But also... DH will be in charge of cooking over the weekend so I can rest instead of stand around in the kitchen cooking and washing dishes. He hasn't cooked (aside from putting things on the grill) in YEARS. Lol. I should be looking forward to it. But I like my veggies oven roasted and he likes to steam/boil (yuck) and I'm going to have to just be grateful. And I'm sure all the kids will be as helpful as they can with farm chores. They love to feed the ducks and fill the pool.
  • Just ordered DD a compression vest to help her posture and balance. Feeling pretty stressed/sad about it. They are hot and uncomfortable, so I hope this thing really helps with her physical therapy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker