Military Families
Options

Any military wives in the Jacksonville, FL area

We just found out that we're PCSing this summer to NS Mayport. My hubbie's a coastie. I'm super nervous because I've never lived away from friends and family.
I have a ton of questions about the area and was hoping some of you ladies could help.
What are the best areas to live in? We were thinking Yulee so that we could stay away from the Jacksonville traffic.
Any daycare recommendations?
what are good doctors, OB/GYN's, and Pedi's in the area that accept Tricare prime?
Also, has anyone delivered at NAS Jax hospital and what was your experience.
I want to try to deliver in a civilian hospital, like I did with my first, because I've heard very scary things about military hospitals. Did anyone get out of delivering at NAS Jax?

Thanks in advance ladies!

Re: Any military wives in the Jacksonville, FL area

• Options
    Yulee is a really far drive to mayport. Is he actually at mayport? 32224 is a good zip that is close and a great area

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    Im not at Jax anymore but I might be able to point you in some good directions.  

Don't deliver at NAS.  Go outside.  I have several friends who are prime and went outside for their care.  There is a Facebook group for Jax moms.  https://www.facebook.com/JacksonvilleMomsBlog/?fref=ts

I would love to move back to Jax, its a great location.  If you are going to be at Mayport stay east of 295.  Many people live out towards the beaches.  There is a few sections just southeast of downtown to avoid by all means.  If you are looking to live off base Hover Girls Property is a great company to help find a place.  It's owned and run by a military wife who's husband is now retired.  Most people who work for her are associated with the military.