August 2015 Moms

How many naps?

How many naps is your LO taking at this point? I was reading that they drop down to 2 around 6 months (yes I know each kid is different). How many naps is your little one taking at this point?  And for how long?

This past week it's been tough for us to get him to take a nap for longer than an hour.

Re: How many naps?

• DS will be 6mo next week. Takes 2 naps since about 1mo ago.
  • My boy is 6 months tomorrow and most days he takes two one hour ish naps with a little 20 minute catnap in the afternoon. He's always been a bad sleeper/mapper though!
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD is six months next week and she still takes four a day as far as I can tell. She hasn't mastered the long ones yet unless she is sleeping with me on Sunday afternoons. Then she sleeps for hours. Haha
  • My DD is six months next week and she still takes four a day as far as I can tell. She hasn't mastered the long ones yet unless she is sleeping with me on Sunday afternoons. Then she sleeps for hours. Haha
  • DS is 5 1/2 months and napping 3 times a day on the weekends.  Daycare is a mixed bag of long and short and non-existent naps. 
  • DD is almost 6 months and takes a nap in the morning usually for about two hours and then one is the afternoon and it's a good day if it is for about an hour and then sleeps from about 7pm-6am
  • Baby Girl will be 6 months in a little under 2 weeks. She's been taking two 2 hour naps since she was about 3 months. She wakes up at 8am, then goes down for her first nap at 10am. Wakes at noon, then goes back down from 3-5pm. Then down for the night between 7-7:30pm. Some days her second nap only lasts 1.5 hours but mostly 2. When she's leaping sometimes she'll take an extra 30 minute nap somewhere in there as well.
  • LO is 6 months and takes two to three 45 min- 1 hr naps.  Gone are the days where he would sleep all day.  Now he is up and wants to see everything around him.
  • Usually 2. Sometimes 3. Daycare naps are awful. Weekends are mediocre at best.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS2 will be 6 months this week and recently dropped down to 3.  DS1 took three naps until about 8 or 9 months I think.  
  • We hired a sleep consultant who said if she sleeps for less than one hour, leave her in there for 90 minutes. Don't go in even if she stays up. After two times of doing this where she stirred she went back to sleep after 5 minutes. She's now taking 1.5-2hr naps. Learning how to bridge two sleep cycles is key. 
  • Usually 3 a day. Around 1 hour each. He used to only sleep for exactly 20 minutes. Now that he's a bit older he finally naps longer. Yesterday he only took 2 naps though, one was 1.5 hours and one was 2 hours.