Multiples

Just Found Out Its Twins!

Hi Ladies,
Since I didn't see an introduction thread for the multiples board, I thought I would say hi!

SO and I had our first ultrasound today (we are 10w5d) and got the surprise of our lives.... twins! We were totally not anticipating twins, although I said to my mom a couple times that I just had a weird feeling that it was. I never expected it to become true though. When my OB went to do the US, I saw one and then I was like is that another?! She just smiled and was like let's see... sure enough, we saw two babies and heard two heartbeats.  I thought SO was going to faint. I was laughing, crying, and everything in between!  

Thankfully I haven't had any morning sickness, have been able to do workouts, but haven't been eating very well.  There was a high amount of sugar in my urine this morning (hopefully only due to the cereal I had before I got there), so I am a bit concerned about that. They told me to try to avoid sweets and heavy carbs, which seem to be the only things I have wanted lately!  

Overall, I am happy, scared, excited, flabbergasted, overwhelmed and probably every other emotion!  

I would love any advice on what to expect during the pregnancy (this is my first pregnancy) and to come.  I look forward to chatting with everyone. :)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Just Found Out Its Twins!

• Congrats! I'm just a bit ahead of you at 14+3. We found out at 7 weeks that we were having twins. I'm so jealous of your no morning sickness, I've been dying! So far a nice aspect of the twin pregnancy is all the ultrasounds to make sure they see both heartbeats. It's super scary to have multiples, but also I have a feeling it's going to be the best ever. Welcome to the club!
  • Welcome :):)  Do you have any specific questions?
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and congrats!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Welcome to the twins club, mama!

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• Thanks ladies! I think I've gone thru every emotion the last 24 hours! The biggest one being financial and how the heck we are going to do this. I lost my job last summer and have been continually searching since then, I'm in a really specialized field and there aren't a lot of options where I live. With that said, now I have no idea what to do. Should i continue to look for a full-time job? Will I even want to go back to work after they are born? Should I get a temporary job (my doc said a lot of women don't want to continue working after 30 weeks when they have multiples) and go on the state insurance after they are born? My SO owns a business, but they don't offer healthcare (5 employees), so I don't have the option to take his. Right now, I am on an open enrollment plan so I covered.

I know we have a while to decide, but I guess if I'm going to find something temporary I'd rather do it sooner than later. So many concerns! I'm super excited about the babies, just so scared how we will make it work. Thankfully we have extremely supportive families who also live nearby! 

I will ill probably have a ton of questions but that has been the biggest one on both of our minds! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome and congrats! I have six week old fraternal girls - I was induced at 37 weeks due to low fluid on twin A, but everything turned out great and they're both perfectly healthy! 

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask! 
  • Congrats! I have 5 month old identical twin boys! & the job thing i dont know what to tell you! Looks like you have it good if you have no morning sickness! I threw up for 18 weeks straight! My water broke & I went into labor @ 30 weeks but was stopped with magnesium & was in bed rest in the hospital until they came on there own again @ 33w 5 days. Just like any pregnancy you never know what can happen but being a twin pregnancy its considered high risk. I had placenta previa @ 13 week i bled for a month. @ about 16 weeks i started getting pain on my hips & couldnt walk too much & had to do physical therapy. I never had any of this with DD, with her everything went smooth. Maybe if you want to work work until you feel your capable of working.
  • Thanks @vibarra27! Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear you had such a rough go of it during your pregnancy.  I've been trying to read up as much as I can and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed everything stays alright now. :)  It'll be interesting to see what the next few months bring!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It was rough but so worth it! Yes read up all you can i know i did!i still do :smile:  just enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible & know that you are blessed!