August 2015 Moms

Car seats

l0vejessil0vejessi member
edited February 2016 in August 2015 Moms
ok so my son is 5 months old and 15 pounds and 30inches long.so he is too long for his infant car seat but not yet heavy enough for the bigger car seat? Any advice on what to do here?

Re: Car seats

• jesselayne8jesselayne8 member
    edited February 2016
    You need to buy him a convertible seat.  Seats are outgrown at height or weight limit not both.  Most convertibles start at low weights like 5-8lb.  

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We switched car seats at 4 months. LO was 17 lbs and 28 inches then. While he could have still stayed in the infant seat, he was squished and hate it. Since we had only used it for 4 months, we gave it to a close friend that was expecting and got the Graco 65 convertible. LO is much more comfortable and while it was easier to grab the infant seat and go, we like the convertible much better.
  • Loading the player...
  • We switched to a convertible at a little before 4 months because LO hated his infant seat.  It was a very smooth and positive transition! Target is having a car seat sale right now....
  • I switched to Britax Boulevard G4.1 convertible seat. I hate infant seats, they're so heavy, especially now my baby is almost 20 lbs.
  • Babies r us is having a trade in event in February. You can take in your current seat to get  money off a new convertible one.
  • I never used the infant car seat, brought LO home from the hospital in a convertible. You can buy one now and just take out the newborn padding part.