Does your baby hold his own bottle yet?

dianabeeedianabeee member
edited February 2016 in June 2015 Moms

Does your baby hold his own bottle yet? 56 votes

Yes
58% 33 votes
No
41% 23 votes

Re: Does your baby hold his own bottle yet?

• Sorry I don't know why it doesn't let me go back to edit it. Should have put his/her.
  • Yes he does - which is so disappointing to grandma who just wants to snuggle and rock him while giving him his bottle. Mr. independent is having none of that!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • He's great with a sippy cup but we use the 8oz Dr. Brown bottles and he's not as good with them. Probably bc they are too big/awkward to hold.
  • Yes, but if she isn't laying down she hasn't figured out it needs to be tipped up I order to he anything out.  :)
  • I'm so jelly. I try put his hands on the bottle so he can start getting used to it but he hates getting contolled. He's so dramatic :/
  • I actually have no idea. He's bottle-fed pretty frequently, just not by me.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • I bought a bottle holder at 4 months old. Once he figured that out, not too long after he held his own bottle.
  • Occasionally but only when it's half full or near empty. Not when it's full. Also doesn't understand the concept of needing to tip own head back for it to come out...sometimes she just tries to suck and its air. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • My girls try to hold it themselves, but when I try to help them tip it up more it's like the bottle turns to fire and its 'BAM! Hands off!' So overly dramatic
  • My LO steered holding it at about 6 1/2 months. Last week he started holding it with one hand at times. It's cute and very helpful to me to get stuff done but I miss having to help him!!
  • btm013 said:
    He's great with a sippy cup but we use the 8oz Dr. Brown bottles and he's not as good with them. Probably bc they are too big/awkward to hold.
    Yeah, LO has trouble with the 8 oz too, so DH uses two 5 oz bottles to get a full feed. We send an 8 oz bottle to daycare though... not sure what they do. Although, if the cute blonde at daycare wanted to hold him and give him a bottle, he would probably let her (and only her) - she's his favorite. :)
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)