June 2015 Moms

You know you're a mom when....

Thought this would be fun.

You know you're a mom when you shush everyone in the house so they won't wake up the baby. Lol

Keep em coming!

Re: You know you're a mom when....

• Loading the player...
  • @BabsTheBunny it looks great!!!! And lol oh so true!

@Sammy K omg I hope LO Is ok. You know, such a coincidence you mention this happening. My DH, leaves lose change everywhere and he started leaving it on top of our bed where I occasionnaly change LO diaper. I've been paranoid he would swallow one if I'm not around and DH decides to leave the change there again.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• @beemaya83 It was our 3 yo, but I worry about LO getting ahold of stuff he drops on the floor. So far, she's more interested in the dog chew toy than anything. It's amazing how fast she is if she spots it on the floor.
  • Woops I missed the "toddler" part. I'm so scared of LO choking on anything period. I've been considering taking a CPR/First Aid class. I just need to figure out where. I'm in California so maybe my hospital offers some, I need to check. @Sammy K

Any ideas? Anyone?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Steph0727 I don't know which is worse the drool covered hands to the face or when they shove those drool covered hands straight into your mouth. :#
    Thank you @beemaya83 all my family are having a fit over me cutting it and I'm just like no regrets. I was even crazy enough to let DH do it for me.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sammy K said:
    @beemaya83 It was our 3 yo, but I worry about LO getting ahold of stuff he drops on the floor. So far, she's more interested in the dog chew toy than anything. It's amazing how fast she is if she spots it on the floor.
    I wish it was just the stuff on the floor to worry about. The other day, LO stopped rolling around to feel underneath the couch.  After a minute or so, his hand emerged with an upholstery staple that he had pulled out!

This kid can take as long as he wants to start crawling, I'm in no rush. It feels like such a big task to keep this one kid out of trouble, right now my brain can't even wrap itself around the idea of watching two or more. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• When your only "alone time" is in the car to and from work because when the kids go to bed, that's when you go to bed too!

Why is this so accurate? !
  • I got another one....

When your shoe size when up because you know, pregnancy does weird things to your body.

I went shopping today and I'm no longer a 6.5
    Pregnancy Ticker

• dianabeee said:

When you have a whole list of things you want to get done when the baby takes a nap but u end up laying on the couch instead.

This was exactly me today.
  • When someone looks through the music on your phone and it's mostly baby lullabies..
  • A VP invites you out for drinks to talk about your career... And you ask if you can just do a 4:00 meeting instead.
    This! I took my female coworker out for a beer at 4 pm today to make my train home!
  • Sammy K said:
    You find yourself doing the "mom sway" whenever you're standing around, even if there's no baby in your arms.
    ^^ So glad I'm not the only person who does this! 

When you wake up with Daniel Tiger songs playing in your head. 
  • mjschenkmjschenk member
    edited February 2016
    You finally schedule like a full day away from little one babysitter and all and end up not missing a feeding because you fell your third time down the ski hill. And all you are mad about is that LO had to sit at the insta care with you for two hours which included many evil looks toward sick people coming to sit near you in the designated healthy waiting area.
  • When you suddenly feel the weird sensation of your shirt rubbing against your nipple and realize you didn't do up your nursing bra after the last session. This has happened in public on more than one occasion now. 

Edited for gif fail
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
  • When you always have milk spots on your shirt from milk stained drool.