1st Trimester

11 nursery decor ideas to steal!

BumpCaitlinBumpCaitlin admin
edited January 2016 in 1st Trimester
You can’t stop flipping through wallpaper samples, reading up on baby furniture, and picking out stuffed animals. You feel a sudden strong urge to change the color of the room that will become baby’s and stick decals of baby giraffes across the walls. If this sounds like you, embrace it! You’re nesting!

Make the nesting phase fun and get inspired by our favorite nursery ideas here. What unique ideas do you have for your nursery?

P.S. Let's take our friendship to the next level. Like us on Facebook

Re: 11 nursery decor ideas to steal!

• Loading the player...
  • If its a boy he'll be named Logan, thats makes me think forest lumberjack theme with woodland animals, maybe a plaid throwpillow....
    If its a girl she'll be named Lacey, that means lace curtains etc.

I want some houseplants in the nursery too!
  • I'm just hoping we add onto the house before September so we have room... Stressing out right now 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @itiswellwithmysoul  I feel you!  I live in a 530 sq ft one room cabin with no running water and a loft my husband and I call our bedroom!  We'll make it work, and I'm sure you'll make your situation work too!  It may be a little cramped/crazy at first lol, but it's ok, babies are worth it.  Good luck sister!  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • You definitely win @ElizaAnne ! :-) healthy baby = a happy home :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• This is so exciting!

Married to My Best Friend
    Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Can someone help me i seem to be having trouble getting my ticker on  my signature :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BlissfulWifey your signature looks great!  I'm having a terrible time with mine, any advice?  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @elizaanne do you mean the text part of mine?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Some real cute ideas. Our them will be grey and white with owls. 
  • A friend of mine did jungle theme, giraffes, lions, greens and browns, it was really nice.

I went to a shower recently where everything was peter rabbit themed which was awesome.

I'm leaning towards a starry sky theme, maybe based around winkin, blinkin, and nod.

• lmctanlmctan member
    I love this idea it's what we wanna do too, without the same baby name :)
  • lmctanlmctan member
    edited June 2016
    I love the idea of a bohemian girls room. Or for a boy a forest themed room. 
  • I started with jungle animals as we didn't know what we were having.  Once we had a boy his room seemed to filled up with cars, trucks, dinosaurs and Star Wars. 
  • My husband and I recently learned to sail. We are thinking of a sailing theme for the nursery. I want to paint the lower half of the room shades of warm greens and blues and leave the upper half the tanish color that's already there.  We want to put little sail boats and breaching whales on the "horizon" and fish and seagulls in the sky and sea.  
  • MrvlMrvl member
    I think i'd like a room which is not a boy or a girl rook.. but just a nice room. The rest of our house is quitte simple.. lots of white, wood and minimalistic.. but for a baby room minimalistic is probably not realistic
  • I love minions. ....
  • We did farm,  walking to the room were mountains,  farm and farm animals, sky with gorgeous puffy clouds.  then turn around to walk out that door and small wall panels were colored to look like a barn door . my father in law is a painter. 
  • If its a boy he'll be named Logan, thats makes me think forest lumberjack theme with woodland animals, maybe a plaid throwpillow.... If its a girl she'll be named Lacey, that means lace curtains etc. I want some houseplants in the nursery too!
    I have a Logan as well
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerSaveSaveSaveSave
  • My husband and I had a space or nautical/underwater the sea theme debate.  I won. We're keeping the walls a light gray with one dark blue wall. The decor will be nautical esq. Decal of an octopus,  we already have mirrors that look like waves, sheets etc will keep the theme, while colors work for boy or girl. Trying not to go crazy early so lots of etsy hearts and pinning for me! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • constellation theme for the second go around :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.

• is it too early to start decorating a nursery while I am still on 8 week of pregnancy? :)

• Totally agree! Maybe little neutral polka dots but no big theme for us I think
  • I have decided to do a desert themed nursery whether its a boy or girl. I found a great site to get stuffed animals, and I found some prints on Amazon to hang up. 
  • All the picture and ideas are so cute! But I will admit that I never saw a nursery growing up and I do have younger siblings. My parents and extended family no one decorated in any special way the baby room. In fact the crib was always in the parents room. For those who have nursery, you leave the baby in his own room? since what age? 
    I don't think I will have a special room decorated for the baby as I feel like he will never remember it anyways? 
    I don't want to sound rude, I'm genuinely curious as I didn't grow up with this concept.
  • I am 10 weeks pregnant. First baby and It was a wonderful  surprise. Currently packing to move as I type, planning my sisters wedding in March which I will be 8 months pregnant for. My man and I are trying to buy a house for after her wedding. I'm stressed out not being able to set up a room. I am going to wait until baby is born to find out the sex. How long can a baby be in a bassinet for?? Trying to not be stressed but it's difficult right now and my hormones are all out of wack. 
  • I'm doing gray and yellow "you are my sunshine" theme. We find out the sex in a few more weeks and might add pink or navy to it
  • This is so exciting!
  • I've wanted to do a Dr. Seuss themed nursery ever since my first friend had a baby, and now I finally can! I just don't like the Cat in the Hat, so it will not be red and white. 
  • vellichorvellichor member
    edited February 2018
    As I don’t think we will be finding out the gender, we will just be going for neutrals, most likely shades of grey which is rather dull, but we will probably inject some pops of colour here and there but the main accent colour is going to be yellow as it SO’s and my favourite colour and it is so bright and happy! Sadly, we are still in a rented flat and probably will be for another two or three years so painting or wallpapering isn’t an option but I think we inject colour through the decor it could be nice. 

I won’t be worrying about the nursery though for a good few months though! :D
  • With my second pregnancy my baby shower and Nursery was Dr. Seuss. I ended up buying a house and using the decor for my library as well. 
  • I want to do a Winnie the Pooh theme I think. 
  • Going with a Harry Potter themed nursery- we are big fans in my house and I'm hoping it will also help get our 10 y/o daughter really excited about helping pick stuff out, since she loves HP too.