Multiples

Twins? Vanishing Twin?

I had my first ultra sound yesterday...it was pretty terrible quality, and I'll be going for another one hopefully next week to get my due date figured out and see what's going on inside me.  

But regardless, we were able to see one healthy little baby/embryo/fetus...but we also saw another something that could be an empty sack....or could be a twin (maybe a vanishing twin??)

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.  Did you see 1 baby and a sack?  Did the second sack end up being another baby? or did it end up vanishing?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Twins? Vanishing Twin?

• It Could Be Another Baby Developing A Little Slower Than The Other. My First U/s We Didn't See Anything And I Thought I Was About 8 Weeks Or Later But Apparently I Was Less And Then When I Went For Another u/s There Was Just Two Empty Sacs Now I'm 20wks 5 Days With Mo/Di Twins With Babies Growing 2 Days Apart! Good Luck!! Best Of Wishes!!
  • @kbuzz4321 thanks for the info!  I'm hoping to go in for a better ultra sound this week and get more answers.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a mother of 4 month old twins.  At my first u/s (around 6 weeks), we saw what my RE thought was possibly a third.  It was much smaller than the other two and when I went back the following week, it was completely gone.  I guess I'll never know whether or not it was truly a vanishing triplet.  Right now...I'm pretty damn thankful I just have two healthy babies.
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Sure. I had a vanishing twin with my 1st and a vanishing quad with my 2nd pregnancy 
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker