May 2016 Moms

SHOES!

My feet hurt. My ankles are swollen. My back hurts. I think its time to buy some comfortable shoes to get through the last of this pregnancy. Even my Uggs are killing me! I am thinking the Sketchers (Go walk I think???), but man oh man, are they ugly. Wondering what everyone else is wearing to keep their piggies comfy??

RealityTVGIFs real housewives shoes rhonj real housewives of new jersey

cat fail animated GIF

Re: SHOES!

• My most comfortable shoes are probably my Keds.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I personally love my Skechers even though I agree they're not the most attractive shoes around. My feet love me for wearing them though. Like walking on clouds! 
  • So far I'm still in my boots and heels. Dreading the day I have to find more comfortable shoes 
  • NinnyJean said:
    So far I'm still in my boots and heels. Dreading the day I have to find more comfortable shoes 
    Heels? Girl you're my idol. I haven't been able to even think about heels since the day I found out I was pg! Wore them for a three block walk on NYE and thought I was going to die!!

cat fail animated GIF

• BabyL52716BabyL52716 member
    edited January 2016
    I would have to disagree on the danskos.... They are like walking on big rocks and are ridiculously expensive.
  • I live in Chicago and it's chilly right now so I pretty much have to stick with boots-  all of my flat boots are still pretty comfy, thank god!! Nike running shoes are really comfortable, I love mine
  • I'm still wearing my wedge boots (outside) and shoes (in the office). But then again I'm Canadian and I can run in snow with high heels (although I haven't tried that this winter with the growing bump, because it'd be an interesting mix of hilarious and dangerous). I have a pair of Clarks' booties that are also still working fine (because they're good quality/cushie). I often put she feet up on a box under my desk between clients and take my shoes off...I think that helps.
  • Aquinna82 said:
    Danskos
    I work in Danskos because my work requires slip and chemical resistant shoes. They pay for them, I wear the $150 professional ones and my feet still hurt at the end of the day :( . While I'm wearing them though, I'm okay.
  • I recently got these ones, they are pretty comfy and have a bit of memory foam on the bottom https://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/52915-1029618/Blowfish/Black+Flannel/Womens+Glo+Slip+On.aspx
  • I am still doing low heels at work but for walking around I'm sticking to uggs (though not a lot of arch support) and my Nike sneaks. They're black on black so I feel like they're wearable with jeans without being TOO casual. 
  • I've got a pair of ugly Skechers Go Flex sneakers heading my way but I'm worried that I won't want to wear them when they get here. They are really orthopedic looking. My winter boots definitely have not been kind to my feet. I usually wear Dansko booties at work and they're comfy but definitely not helping with the swelling. I'll probably commute in the old lady Skechers and change into my Danskos at the office.
  • Since our winter will be over here in a couple weeks I'll suffer in my regular boots and heels for work until I can live in my sandals and flip flops. Right now on the weekend I wear my nikes - they are comfy for awhile 
  • I would have to disagree on the danskos.... They are like walking on bug rocks and are ridiculously expensive.
    Haha.  I agree some of them are not comfortable at all.  I found a particular style that worked for me and stuck with it.  Like @tgortney I worked for a long time at a place that paid for them, and they last for a long time so I decided to be ok with the cost...that being said I absolutely look for the amazon.com sales!!
  • My work is thankfully very casual on the dress code so I've had it pretty easy on the shoe dept so far. I've been living in my running shoes which are great bc I actually got professionally fitted for them awhile ago and have great support and still look stylish. While the shoes I have are not Nikes I do have to second the running shoe recommendation. 

They make a lot of these to last and stay comfortable while people run marathons. One would hope that if you found the right ones for you they would be great for walking.
  • With DD and this one I live in my boots (with no heel) or my TOMS. My TOMS stretch well on my feet to accommodate swelling
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• I just caved and bought cute chukka-style booties from Cole Haan. Not my usual style but comfy, warm and good traction. And super easy to get on and off. 
  • I'm in love with my Clarks (I have 3 different pairs just for work) and my cowboy boots.  My feet are still comfortable once I get IN them...but I don't think I'll be able to get in them much longer.  2 of my Clarks have shoe-laces and the other one is supposedly a "slip-on" but really requires a shoe horn to actually get into.  My boots are a tiny bit easier (since I can grab higher up), but not by a lot.  My belly is really starting to make putting shoes on a workout!
  • kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited January 2016
    I usually stick to Aerosoles, Naturalizer, or Ninewest for work...I'm thinking of ordering some that I can lace up to combat foot swelling. Cole Hann shoes are also amazing, but hella expensive. The one pair of CH heels I own are the only ones I'll even consider wearing right now. Otherwise, if it's not a flat/super low heel shoe, it's dead to me.
    Edited because speech to text is awful. 
  • Right now my biggest preference shoe wise is anything I don't have to lace/zip/button up or wear socks with, because my bump is already sticking straight out and it's easier to just put on shoes that I can step in. It helps that I live in a place that is warm enough that I can get away with flip flops on most days. 

That being said, I have a pair of knee high black boots with a heel about two inches high, and they are sooooo comfortable right now. It seems to really help to have my feet at a little bit of an angle! It's just a pain to get them on/off. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Par13Par13 member
    edited January 2016
    I've been wearing New Balance Classic running sneakers a lot lately: https://smile.amazon.com/New-Balance-WL515-Modern-Classics/dp/B00V69F6CQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1454186387&sr=1-2&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=new+balance+classics+women

When I need to be a bit dressier than tennies, I've been wearing my gray suede low heel boots - similar to this one: https://smile.amazon.com/Very-Volatile-Womens-Whistler-Knee-High/dp/B007C16CSO/ref=sr_1_16?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1454186126&sr=1-16&nodeID=679337011&keywords=gray+suede+boots

I work in a casual environment though, so tennis shoes everyday isn't a big deal.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Uggs for when it's cold out, ASICS Gels for running errands/walking the dogs, ABEO BIOSystem for work shoes: https://www.thewalkingcompany.com/abeo-biosystem-womens

The ABEOs transition pretty well into evening and going-out shoes too (my Hazel ankle boots have been seeing a fair amount of use this winter). They're not super dressy, but you can get by in them for most settings and -- more importantly -- I can walk five miles and stand two hours in them and not want to die at the end of the day.

• Got 2 pairs today! If you need shoes go to DSW- extra 20% off clearance

cat fail animated GIF

• My Skechers have arrived and they are crazy comfy. Definitely glad I got them! 
  • Oh! It doesn't work on everything, but shoebuy.com has free shipping (always) and 30%off with code EMLBDAY16 The above shoes are $33 with it, and some of the sketchers go walk styles work with the code too.
  • If you want boots with flat heels on the cheap go to gojane.com. LOVE their boots and they're very true to size and super comfy. Now, just to warn you...They've got a lot of promiscuous clothing and heels but their boots are super cute.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• If you want boots with flat heels on the cheap go to gojane.com. LOVE their boots and they're very true to size and super comfy. Now, just to warn you...They've got a lot of promiscuous clothing and heels but their boots are super cute.
    Promiscuous clothing you say? How do you think I got myself KU to beging with?! I kid, I kid!

cat fail animated GIF

• It was warmer here today and I wore my Minnetonka slip ons, I forgot how comfy they are with swollen feet. I wore them last pregnancy at the end, they're super easy to slip on and off and you can get a wide width if your feet get really swollen, but they do stretch out a good amount. 
  • I have no useful information to add, just that now I have the famous "shoes" song stuck in my head:
    https://youtu.be/wCF3ywukQYA
    Haha. This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen...
  • My go-to's so far have been my Sperry boat shoes, but I also found this company while looking for new sneakers: https://www.ryka.com/.

They are a women's only athletic shoe company. As a former marathoner I've had numerous pairs of running shoes, and these are just amazing.
  • Heels, wedges, and riding boots.  Fingers x'd for limited swelling because I don't want to buy new shoes (for a temporary time, hopefully).
  • I live in my running shoes (not that there has been any running)! 
  • I've basically been living in birkenstock clogs. I hate the way they look, but my feet are starting to swell and anything I can just slip on is a godsend. Trying to bend over to tie my shoelaces is getting hard, so I gave up. On snowy days I have to drag out the uggs though. 

Side note: The other day I was laughing at myself for looking like an early 90's Gap ad in my birks, jeans, b/w striped tee and a denim shirt over the top. Didn't realize what I'd done till I left the house.
  • I've been lucky so far that I haven't totally needed comfy shoes because my company is very strict on our dress code. I still wear heels a couple times a week but have started wearing dress flats. My old company didn't care if you wore flip flops from about 7 or 8 months on. Man do I miss that!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Wearing my Asics today, riding boots, booties, and Born flats on other days. Also glad I live in a warm place so I can wear my OluKai flip flops regularly...they have the best arch support! 
  • I bought these Sketchers Slip on shoes a few months ago in the grey color. https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1561535/skechers-relaxed-fit-breathe-easy-good-life-slip-on-shoes-women.jsp?color=Gray Aqua i love not having to tie shoes. They have been quite comfortable as well. I wear them to work with whatever I wear, even if it's dress clothes.. I just want to be comfortable!

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • It was hotter here today and I wore my Minnetonka slip ons, I overlooked how comfortable they are with swollen feet. I wore them last pregnancy toward the end, they're super simple to slip on and off and you can get a wide width if your feet get extremely swollen, yet they do extend a decent sum. 

Regards,
    Best Volleyball Shoes
  • If you have tried various techniques to lose your weight, but unfortunately you haven’t got any results. Alka Tone Keto is a revolutionary weight loss supplement which is clinically paving the way for a flat belly and enhances the fitness level.