Infertility
Options

Overwhelmed with anxiety about FET (Loss mentioned)

Hi ladies. I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on how to mentally prepare for a transfer. I had my ER earlier this month and am schedule for a FET on March 4. I was SO excited and generally pretty positive during my stim days and during the ER process. Sure, I had my hormonal moments but overall I felt pretty good. I met with my doc yesterday to schedule my FET and after I left I just started crying. I feel so overwhelmed with anxiety about the part of IVF where we will determine if it will result in a BFP or a BFN. This is my first transfer but I have experienced a chemical pregnancy from an IUI previously and the grief from that has left me terrified to try again. Just thinking about being in the TWW makes me want to cry. I know that is a difficult time for everyone but I want to get my mind right before March. I don't want to go into it thinking I will get a BFN or experience another loss. I don't even know if I feel comfortable going through with the transfer if I'm in this negative place. Blah I hate hate hate this process.

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: Overwhelmed with anxiety about FET (Loss mentioned)

• Options
    First off, my thoughts are with you. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I have no experience with FET but I understand the feelings and emotions that come along with IF. It is ok to cry! Everyone deals with the anxiety differently. Have you gone to a counselor? Maybe it would help to talk to someone.

Also, using relaxation techniques can help. Maybe try meditation, acupuncture, yoga, massage, bubble bath..... Plan activities you enjoy during the dreaded TWW :). I always schedule date nights, a girls night or double dates. Treat yourself to a manicure or something special at the store. Most of all take time for yourself!!

I am not sure if you are religious but praying and reading scripture has also helped me immensely. I will be thinking about you and wish you the best of luck! Know that we are all here if you need to vent or need support <3  

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options

Hey @chicandbubbly thank you for your sweet response! I am currently seeing a counselor and that definitely has helped. I feel good after I see her and then a few days later I'm back in my negative spot. I know I need to be better about doing yoga and meditating. Acupuncture has been great, too though.

I am religious but to be honest this whole struggle has really tested my faith. I also need to pray more and get back in touch with my faith so I can be more hopeful and grateful for all the things I do have.

**BFP and loss warning**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you are über nervous about your FET.
    I've done both now, ER and ET in November and FET last week.
    For my body the FET was much more relaxing which made it possible to use my energy on my mind.
    I do/did go to an acupuncturist, I feel so comfortable at her place that I feel so relaxed afterwards.
    Planning stuff for your TWW does help, but do plan like you can easily cancel without feeling bad. I was pretty exhausted last week.
    Maybe you can book a trip away?

It's very hard to not stress and worry about that BFN, as that's all we have had. But try to remember that it should be your time soon, and whom says it's not this try?

Only go forward with it when you are ready...I wasn't ready after my ER and ET to start a new FET. My body was still full of hormones and I lost all control. I hopped over a month, and then when AF came I was ready and it was the first time I was this relaxed.
    So take your time. I'm sending you lots of positive vibes xoxo

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Hiii, I feel like we have similar paths.  I think by the time I got to my FET I just totally let go and stopped stressing.  The year leading up to it was worse.  Now just remember your chance for success is SO much better than it ever has been before!  I definitely made sure to pamper and not over extend myself.  Mani/pedis, sleep lots, do whatever it is you love.  Don't feel bad about declining a baby shower invite or staying in on a Friday night.  Take care of you.  I really think that makes a difference!!  Just the other day I said to my husband, "remember when we had to do all those shots for months and months?!".  It is already feeling like a dream (well, nightmare!), but time heals and you will get your BFP one of these days soon xo
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • Options
    I only have a quick sec to respond but I used a hypnosis for IVF on spotify. I'll come back later and post the link. I LOVED it. It covers the various phases of IVF.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I am sorry you are feeling this way. I agree with pp regarding acupuncture. I love it and have found it to be so relaxing.

I wish you all the best and my fx that all goes well. Try to focus on the good stuff right now. I have my cheering team that 100% positive, and they swear everything is going to work perfectly during our up coming IVF cycle (fx). This. Way I get to be cautiously optimistic but still have all the positive energy surrounding me.

Thinking about you.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    https://play.spotify.com/user/rasebastian/playlist/6jjosb33uM2XQkXKQ6JWHJ

This is the Hypnosis for IVF that I have used in prior IVF cycles. I really love it. I can so relate to feeling anxiety. The cycle where I got pregnant I used the above mentioned playlist as well as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQLXTF7FT_c&nbsp;

It is only 10 minutes long and totally doable each evening. I picture myself very pregnant during this meditation. Sending you big (creepy internet) hugs.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I think being overwhelmed is a pretty standard part of IVF. Crying is also definitely a part of it. I try to limit myself. When I feel the need to cry, I need to get it all out pretty quickly, then no more. It helps me to focus while I'm crying so I can really think every horrible, terrible thing in one session.

I would recommend jumping on the February/March IVF/FET thread. We're a fun group, and it is great having others to talk to who are going through the same thing at the same time. I too dread the TWW, but luckily at my clinic I only have to wait 10 days after transfer! I try to keep busy during my wait. I especially enjoy binge watching tv shows!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    @mskeenan - ugh - so sorry! I know exactly how you're feeling. I felt that way on our 2nd transfer (first frozen). After our first failed fresh IVF I was in a really negative place. Like @susykat77 said, have you ever tried meditations? There are guided ones that can really help in the IVF process. I'm a fan of circle and bloom, and also vibrational child. Free ones are good too, but I can vouch for both these being worth the money as well if you do decide you want more variety.
    https://www.circlebloom.com/frozen-embryo-transfer-program/
    https://vibrationalchild.com/
    I've found them really helpful in getting ready for our upcoming treatment cycle. Big hugs to you. I know how emotional this process is. Like @AandDM2014 said - you should join us on the Feb/Mar board. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    I also used "Circle and Bloom" and loved it.  I did frequent acupuncture and though it sounds kind of silly, I really felt like doing an adult coloring book helped me relax every night before bed!!  I'd highly recommend it.  Get good colored pencils though - totally worth the money!   Good luck.  I would not wish that anxiety on anyone.  No one understands it that hasn't been through it.  Having to wait for a FET only gives you more time to think about it.  Thinking of you @mskeenan and keeping everything crossed for your BFP!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Ladies, thank you so so much for the support. I really like everyone's recommendations. I will definitely check out circle and bloom! Thank you thank you for posting links!! I'm feeling better today... but as yall know this process is a lot of up and down. One day I tell myself "I'm already a mom.. I've got little embryos frozen and I'm going to be pregnant" ... other days I just don't feel like it's going to happen because I feel broken. Everyone's kindness on here really means the world... can't get this kind of support anywhere else.

**BFP and loss warning**