April 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 1/29

2»

Re: FFFC 1/29

• Options
    @AEG84, it definitely hasn't been quick. We're going on nine months now. Ugh. 
    @Ellenlbishop I have totally done something similar before... Left the kids with the sitter anyway, and spent a glorious hour all by myself. No shame. 
  • Options
    My hubby is driving me slightly crazy! I have a list of things that need done before baby comes like
    -buy a crib, a car seat, and a rocking chair and assemble them
    -buy diapers, wipes, breastfeeding stuff
    -move office stuff out of the nursery and take it downstairs
    - pick a name for this kid
    and that's just to name a few. 
    He seriously keeps telling me we have plenty of time left and he doesn't know why I'm in such a hurry. He says we can just wait until April to get it all ready. Or that we can buy 1 thing a month until baby comes so it's not all at once...Seriously hubby we have 12 weeks until my due date! My hips and back are already killing me and it will only get worse the longer we wait! I'm about ready to just start buying stuff without asking his opinion and if he has issues with how much I spend that's his problem. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jasmuin said:
    My hubby is driving me slightly crazy! I have a list of things that need done before baby comes like
    -buy a crib, a car seat, and a rocking chair and assemble them
    -buy diapers, wipes, breastfeeding stuff
    -move office stuff out of the nursery and take it downstairs
    - pick a name for this kid
    and that's just to name a few. 
    He seriously keeps telling me we have plenty of time left and he doesn't know why I'm in such a hurry. He says we can just wait until April to get it all ready. Or that we can buy 1 thing a month until baby comes so it's not all at once...Seriously hubby we have 12 weeks until my due date! My hips and back are already killing me and it will only get worse the longer we wait! I'm about ready to just start buying stuff without asking his opinion and if he has issues with how much I spend that's his problem. 
    When my mom was pregnant with me, my grandmother told them that her gift was going to be furniture for the nursery. The only catch? She refused to have it arrive before the month that I was due, since she was incredibly superstitious. 

DH and I tried not to do much until after everything checked out with each baby's anatomy ultrasound, since we had lost two before our first son was born. 

I would just remind him that the longer you wait, the more likely HE will have to be the one to set everything up. It also depends on where you are buying things from. Some places require you to order it and it takes a while before it will be delivered.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Too lazy to quote, and I'm on mobile...

I've been wearing leggings as pants for weeks now and I'm not even sorry. My butt, however, is ALWAYS covered. I just find real pants to be so awful.

Re: discussing pregnancy on FB. I have to say that one of my favorite decisions so far is to leave my pregnancy off social media entirely and I recommend to everyone. I just don't see the point of sharing things with people I don't see/speak to regularly. And that keeps the re-sharing thing under wraps.

And dog owners need to pick up poop. Period. I can't stand when people think snow does that for you. No, snow just melts and the poop stays behind. It's gross and inconsiderate.

My complaint is that I'm on Amtrak going to visit a friend about 4 hours away and the woman in the seat next to me wants to make small talk. I do not want to talk to you for 4 hours. Sorrynotsorry.
  • Options
    AGK2015 said:
    I'm getting thisclose to becoming one of those people who doesn't pick up her dog's crap. Bending over is painful, and it's hard to squat, balance, and get myself back up. She goes near the fence in the alley or the fence 8 feet from the path in the park, so it's not like people would step in it or homeowners would have to pick it up. 

Passing dog duty off to the husband is sadly not an option, since he leaves an hour ahead of new and gets back at least an hour later (sometimes more). She could do a 12 hour wait, but it wouldn't be fair. I haven't left a single pile yet, and I probably won't, but holy smokes the thought is tempting every time!
    @AGK2015 ... I HEAR YOU!!!!

I have 3 dogs that I have to walk daily (I stay at home, so it's only fair I take care of the dogs *whispers* even though I HATE it!!) so that's 3 steaming piles I get to pick up at least twice a day. Freaking nasty.

We live in an apartment complex, so you HAVE to pick up the poop immediately, or you get a $50 fine for each incident. I detest picking up the poop....with my hands....bending over...ugh. I'm thinking of getting this mechanism https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GCIN8JY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Watch the video, it's hilarious because they use baby carrots and whip cream as substitutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TG-q7nUWlc

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @dancingsphinx22 -  WANT!!!!! I don't mind pickup duty normally (it's kind of what I signed up for), but the actual getting down on the ground to do it these days... OY.  

• Options
    I have been checking my baby registry about 3 times a day to see what has been purchased.  Granted I was asked by the person throwing my shower not to, but she won't know and I don't know who bought what so it's still a surprise in a way.

I do the same thing. It's just way too tempting.

I do have something else to bitch about. My MIL did this to me before my wedding and she's doing it again. She tells H, like, once a week that we don't h have enough stuff on our registry and that *I* (not both of us, just me) need to add things. 

First of all, there are currently about 40 unpurchased items ranging from small, cheap toys to an uppababy stroller. If someone wants to buy something, there's plenty to choose from.

Secondly, we don't want our need All The Things. I'm not registering just for the sake of registering. I let her bully me into crap when I got married that I haven't touched and have no intention of doing that again. Also, why can't H add things? Why's it gotta be me?

In his defense, he tells her this and tells me to ignore it. But still, STFU.
  • Options
    You're a better woman than me. ;) I hate pickup duty.

These are my fiance's dogs. I sort of thought he'd help with dog duty when I moved in, but it's all on my shoulders now - feeding, walking, policing, discipline, fur ball tumbleweed cleanup, everything.

Sure, I love the little guys, but to be honest, I'm 100% a cat person. Scooping poop with a litter scooper is easier and less gross than using a doggie bag to pick it up with your hands (the warmth and texture, uughhh)  Also, my last 3 cats were strays, and preferred to be outside and poop outside in the woods, so I was sort of spoiled.

My FFFC, this has probably been mentioned in previous weeks, but I hate, HATE, all the trendy things on facebook lately. Like the whole "change your profile pic to support this movement" thing. Gawd...I want to unfriend everyone that jumps on board. I'm sorry, but I didn't see you supporting gays/France/whatever last week, but now that it's cool, you do it too?!?!" Sheep.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    yodiggity said:
    The temp that will be doing my work while I'm on maternity leave just finished her second week and she's weird as fuck. Not the good, fun weird either. I am 99% sure she exaggerated her experience, etc. (I know a lot of people do this but I should NOT have to show a grown up how to use excel...in any industry but expecially not Accounting). And it's grates me when she leaves and pokes her head in my office and says, "Don't work too late"....stfu and go home. ugh...

Also, this week has brought back my mood swings. I'm not sure why.
    This happened to me this week too. Came out of nowhere. 

My FFFC: I don't want to and you can't make me!  Grocery shopping and laundry? I'm tired, no thanks. You do it. 
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

I've been wearing leggings as pants for weeks now and I'm not even sorry. My butt, however, is ALWAYS covered. I just find real pants to be so awful.

Re: discussing pregnancy on FB. I have to say that one of my favorite decisions so far is to leave my pregnancy off social media entirely and I recommend to everyone. I just don't see the point of sharing things with people I don't see/speak to regularly. And that keeps the re-sharing thing under wraps.

And dog owners need to pick up poop. Period. I can't stand when people think snow does that for you. No, snow just melts and the poop stays behind. It's gross and inconsiderate.

My complaint is that I'm on Amtrak going to visit a friend about 4 hours away and the woman in the seat next to me wants to make small talk. I do not want to talk to you for 4 hours. Sorrynotsorry.
    I made a group last pregnancy that was all about baby updates. You had to request to be invited, so only people who wanted to see updates could see anything. This time around I'm only doing major updates on my page, such as "hey, we're having another baby," "we're having a boy," and the latest one of "I may have GD."

Anniversary

• Options
    fbanke42 said:
    sarahufl said:

I made a group last pregnancy that was all about baby updates. You had to request to be invited, so only people who wanted to see updates could see anything. This time around I'm only doing major updates on my page, such as "hey, we're having another baby," "we're having a boy," and the latest one of "I may have GD."
    IMO, you and your partner are the only people who really care about your potential GD. Announcements like that on social media get major eye rolls from me.
  • Options
    In our case, DH has posted more about this pregnancy and our baby than I have! He's so excited.

I say bump pics on FB can be cute, but not all the time. And if you buy/make something cute for baby, that's cute to share, too. But otherwise, I think pregnancy and all it's issues is a personal thing to stay private about.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @AmadorRose I knew it! Hahaha, come sit by me and we can judge together! 
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    fbanke42 said:
    sarahufl said:

IMO, you and your partner are the only people who really care about your potential GD. Announcements like that on social media get major eye rolls from me.
    Not as big an eye roll as DH's former coworker who posted a photo of a WIC book with a caption like "Finally!"
    I have no problem with public assistance when people need it, but this girl used her then-husband's insurance to have fertility treatments knowing that she was about to get divorced and lose insurance. She also posts photos of the scale at least every other week and weekly "belly" updates; she's about 15 weeks and has been doing this since week 5. 

FFFC: I secretly enjoy judging. I'm also looking forward to the day she goes into labor because she goes to the ER for RLP because "they hurt so bad!"
    I def agree with you. It's amazing what people will put up on FB. A girl I went to grad school with posted a video her H took of her first sonogram, at 6 weeks!! And she's been posting bump pics since about 8 and weeks.

I assure you, nobody cares as much as you think they do.
  • Options
    My Facebook is mostly for staying in contact with family (most of my family lives in another state and DH's family all lives far enough away in this state that we pretty much never see them), and they always want to know about any health issues. The GD comment was meant for them. If I didn't use my Facebook for staying in touch with family, I wouldn't have posted it, because I can't imagine my friends are interested in that kind of thing. 

Side note: I was induced and had no pain meds. Labor only really sucked when I had to deal with the balloon and after my water finally broke when I was at a 6.

Anniversary

• Options
    @fbanke42 I am right there with you. I do not have a single random person on my Facebook. I have never had the mindset that I needed more friends like some people did when I was younger. Everyone is either family, military friends I still talk to but we don't have the ability to see each other or DHs and my current friends.

Now as far as weekly updates I text those out to the specific people who request. But I have posted bump pictures the past 2 weeks and will probably post them until LO comes. DH and I have been so busy between his new job, my job, baby prep and prepping to move that we have not seen much of anyone. So this stops the constant asking of how big she is or "I haven't seen you in forever! You had no tummy last time I saw you."

To be fair though I try to make them silly pictures with DH or our lab so it's not just a single bump. I also don't do a full update or anything. Just a week number and a random fact about whatever else is in the picture with me.
  • Options
    There are *still* people in our friend circles that don't know I'm pregnant.. whoops. There was a very vague post on FB around Christmas about baby girl, but unless you stopped to read the caption under the picture, it was just a photo of our stockings and tree. I get a good laugh every time somebody is flabbergasted that I'm this far along.  I used to be fairly active on social media but that was mostly for my grandma, and now that she's gone, I don't feel as inclined to share as much of my life with the world. 
  • Options
    @NOLA520 I've never been a fan of how some people do pregnancy updates. I much prefer Instagram updates versus Favebook ones. I've also usually only seen updates when I was TTC and depressed about not being pregnant (I had to see updates from two different people who ended up being due right around when I should have been due with my losses, so seeing someone give updates when I couldn't made me want to cry), or updates from people who I feel should have not had gotten pregnant because they couldn't afford to feed their current child (they purposefully got pregnant again and one of them was a 17 year old). Currently, I see tons of updates from a FTM on my Facebook and I roll my eyes at half of the posts... She's excited about her first child, so part of me feels bad for rolling my eyes.

Anniversary

• Options
    I never have anything to confess. I'm not sure if I'm boring or have no conscience.
    This is my exact thought week after week. 

• Options
    Meh my butt is adorable in leggings. I don't own any maternity leggings though >.>
  • Options
    spicedicespicedice member
    edited January 2016
    I giggled my butt off when I saw someone liked their own Facebook post. Why on earth would you do that?

Anniversary

• Options
    I had a total shit day today --seriously considered throwing my hands in the air and saying fuck this. So I treated myself to yogurt land, chik fil A, and 3 sips of my cousins red wine tonight! 
  • Options
    I had a total shit day today --seriously considered throwing my hands in the air and saying fuck this. So I treated myself to yogurt land, chik fil A, and 3 sips of my cousins red wine tonight! 
    Ooh, sorry you had a bad day, but I want those things now.
  • Options
    fbanke42 said:
    I giggled my butt off when I saw someone liked their own Facebook post. Why on earth would you do that?

My grandmother does that and my great-aunt (grandma's sister) signs everything she posts. My very close family is spread across the country from Florida to California so we use FB a lot to share pictures and stuff. Those 2 crack me up. They constantly take pictures of old pictures and post. My great-aunt posts pics (and smart phone videos of people with no heads) then types in "Aunt Grace" with nothing else. So funny! I have to give those 70-somethings ladies credit for using modern connections!!
  • Options
    This is baby boy number 5.... and I'm a stickler for etiquette rules. ..... but I secretly want a shower. 
    Not for the gifts.... but because I want party /finger foods and want to celebrate this little miracle creature :)
  • Options
    erind228 said:
    If one more person asks me:" if my husband and I have figured out how making babies works yet?" I am going to look them straight in the eye, and say:" yes, and damn do we like doing it." 
    My answer is always.... Oh yes! And it sure was fun!
  • Options
    @MamaRoni Maybe have a sip and see after LO arrives? I hadn't ever heard of them prior to becoming a Bumpie, but it sounds like that would be perfect for what you want.
  • Options
    I love my job. But it's so much easier when I don't have to deal with any of the other teachers at the studio... I've just started an advanced ballet class on Tuesday nights, all teenagers who have been taking for a few years. I'm spending more time correcting poor technical issues than moving on to bigger things and they are starting to get frustrated. I understand that, but we're at a point in their training where if they don't correct these things, they can SUPER EASILY injure themselves!

My confession actually stems from telling off another teacher because she falsely accused me of teaching poor technique on Facebook, because she "doesn't have any of those issues" with this set of girls... This particular teacher hasn't updated her training style from the 1980's training methods, and is teaching outdated practices that have become outdated because they specifically cause injury. (Forcing turnout is one of the main things she stresses, which causes knee injuries because it twists the leg unnaturally AT the knee joint, vs strengthening the hip flexors and building on it naturally. It takes WAY more time to do it the right way, but you don't end up with a bunch of teenagers in knee braces at your studio)

Anyway... I went off on her in a private message after she commented on our studio's page last night about how "some teachers don't know how to push their students because they aren't as qualified" and "I never have any of these supposed technique issues in my class that are holding these advanced students back" and the bitch tagged me in it! Now that post has been removed and I've received a message from the studio owner about "my behavior towards another staff member." Um... I went directly to the source of someone publicly talking shit about me, which made the studio look unprofessional/drama filled, instead of just posting it on FB for the world to see, and I'M THE ONE IN TROUBLE??? 
    I'm a lurker from May '16, sorry......

I haven't checked if anyone else replied to this, but I had to stop everything and say-

THANK YOU for doing this for your students. I have hip/knee problems from back when I didn't care about safe technique and only wanted to do cool stuff, and now I'm paying for it. I wish I had a teacher like you back then, even though I probably would have been frustrated, too :) Funny how when we're young, we think we're invincible!
  • Options
    @TheThornBird I had one of those injuries. I also had a friend in highschool who's Achilles' tendon snapped in college because she never relaxed her heels into the floor when doing pliés. We were both talking about how advice about injuries goes in one ear and out the other after that happened to her. :/