Multiples

Weird happenings while out

What are some of the weird things that have happened while you were out with your multiples?  So far I have experienced...

1. When they were about 1.5 I was out with them on the Riverwalk in San Antonio.  Foreign tourists actually stopped the flow of traffic to take pictures of them while they were sleeping.  The crazy part was that the had the canopies over them so they wouldn't be bothered.  I guess that didn't work.
2. While at UPS I have had a stranger come up to the stroller and pick up my daughter out of her seat.   I nearly lost it.
3. Both of them have had their heads touched while shopping in Walmat.
4. Random people have tried talking to them while we were at the grocery store.  Neither of them were having that.
5. When they were about 6 months I took them to the mall by myself.  I was followed by a trio of people and they even came up to me at the food court to talk to me about them.  Creepiest thing that has ever happened.

Of course I have been stopped a million times for all the twin questions, comments and stories.  

Share your experiences!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: Weird happenings while out

• My twins are not here yet, but I've had some of these things happen just at the store with my boys. It's a little (lot) strange to me how people seem to think that babies are a license to ignore manners and social conventions. I'm bracing myself for all the possible attention of twins, especially if the whole fam damily gets out.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • At the hospital today, a woman with a walker came out of the bathroom and demanded I stop so she could get a look at my 6 week old twins. I respected her wishes as she was elderly, they were pretty covered in the stroller and I wasn't in a rush. She didn't bother me too much, but her granddaughter (I believe) said "one of each? Now you're all done!"
    I HATE when people make that terrible assumption. Why should the sexes of my children determine how many I have?
    Also, yes, I'm aware my twins look tiny to you. To me, they're big as they were 1 month premature.
  • Loading the player...
  • Eww! We're dealing with rsv in our preemie and these stories are sending off warning signals!!!
  • Went mall walking today with a friend who's DS is 3 days older than mine. A woman was stalking behind us! I moved over and apologized for being in the way and she said "Oh, you weren't in the way! I've just been walking behind you and looking at your little babies!" Then stepped in for a "closer look". Creepy. Who does that?
  • We need to allot an extra ten minutes to get into the doctors office (it's in the hospital professional building)
    Everyone has something to say. I really wanted to smack the lady who stared at them, then walked off shaking her head saying "good lord..that's too many babies."
    F$&@ you, lady.
    We haven't gone anywhere but the doc yet, but I fully expect any trip to be a pain with all the morons out there.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Are you serious? How rude!!!!!

It's such a pain to go out. Baby girl fussed in a store so I held her and pushed him in the stroller. I was checking out and a stranger asked if she could help by holding my daughter. Scared me half to death! I know she was being nice but no, lady. Stranger danger.
  • ksgsmuksgsmu member
    edited January 2016
    We are like a freak show when we go out most days. One of the weirdest and rudest things that happened was this lady walked up looked at my boys and shouted loudly " better you than me!" And I replied "clearly" she then went on rambling to her husband that she will kill him if he got her pregnant with twins. She made quite a scene.. 

The the older women touching  the babies is always my biggest irritation. 
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I don't get what gives people the right to ask us such intrusive questions! I am not going to tell the cashier at Walmart about my delivery...

And why is their birth weight such a hot topic? Everybody needs to know apparently! 
  • I will never understand why people are so weird around multiples.  I have another story but it doesn't pertain to my own twins.

I work at an elementary school.  There is a set of identical twins in our BMC class.  A few of the people who work with these boys never call them by their name.  They just say...hey twin.  There are days I have trouble telling them apart but I would never think to call them that.  It bugs me every time I hear it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • I took my twins out by myself for the first time yesterday along with their two older brothers. We went to Kohls to return some items and shop for new stuff. I literally had people tracking me down in the store to oogle over the twins. I went to the bathroom (where there is a nice seating area) to nurse and these two ladies came in to do their thing. When they had finished and washed their hands they came and oogled at them (one nursing the other sleeping in the stroller). We had an employee approach us asking if I was "the lady with twins" and if she could see them... Is this what it will always be like?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I took my twins out by myself for the first time yesterday along with their two older brothers. We went to Kohls to return some items and shop for new stuff. I literally had people tracking me down in the store to oogle over the twins. I went to the bathroom (where there is a nice seating area) to nurse and these two ladies came in to do their thing. When they had finished and washed their hands they came and oogled at them (one nursing the other sleeping in the stroller). We had an employee approach us asking if I was "the lady with twins" and if she could see them... Is this what it will always be like?
    Our twin girls are 8 months old. We still can't go out in public without the stupid comments. I have 2 sets of friends who are twins. They say they still get comments to this day when they are out and about together and they're late 20s and early 30s. So I doubt it ever ends! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow, these are crazy stories! We all have red hair (Me, DH, and our 2 kids) and that gets enough random comments (fairly nice tho). If the twins have red hair it should be interesting...
  • Wow, these are crazy stories! We all have red hair (Me, DH, and our 2 kids) and that gets enough random comments (fairly nice tho). If the twins have red hair it should be interesting...
    My husband has red hair and I have blonde, so I'm hoping to have some red headed kiddos...but I'll have to think about this now, haha

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar