February 2016 Moms
Options

Induction

Hey there beautiful ladies,

I am due to be induced at 39 weeks on February 2. My due date is not until the 7th however there is some stress on my cervix and my OB can tell I am HIGHLY uncomfortable. I'm just curious if anyone may know any pros and cons of being induced. Or could possibly tell me their experience of being induced. I'm a bit scared because I do not want to risk having a c-section. Any information will help.

Re: Induction

• Options
    I was induced at 40 weeks with DD and had a great experience. Pitocin was started at 8am, Dr. Broke my water at 230pm, got my epidural at 730 pm, started pushing at 1130 pm and she was born at 1235 am. A con is if your cervix is not soft, and they induce, it can result in C-section. A pro is if anything does go wrong, you are hooked to monitors and your doctor is near to get baby out fast. I wouldn't mind being induced again this time knowing that if anything went wrong, there are professionals close by to take care of me and baby.
  • Options
    I asked to be induce with my second and third baby (Prone to have big babies). I did ask when I was already past both my EDD's. I was induced with my second (40+1) and (40+5) with my third. I was in labor for 2 hours each give or take. I had two great experiences. I did like that I knew the day I was going to deliver my children, I could prepare etc. But I also did have fast, pretty easy labors/deliveries. I did not get an epidural for either one. I have heard many horrible stories about inductions; they lasted very long (over a day or 2) or ended up in a c-section. It all depends on your body and if baby tolerates it. Good luck and don't stress out. I was also put on pitocin and that's it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to be induced with my first. I don't really know any different but it wasn't the best experience. They put me on pitocin after a foley balloon wasn't doing much. I ended up in labor for about 14 hours and pushing for over 2.5 hours before they wanted to do a CS on me. I begged for them to not do a CS and ended up having an episiotomy and forcep delivery. I did have a four degree tear as a battle scar---but to me that was better than having a CS. If I had to do an induction again I would. It is nice knowing an actual date that you will have your baby. I was able to wrap things up at home and work before going to the hospital. If you have to have an induction I wouldn't panic about it. They say contractions are longer and harder with pitocin---but if you are a first time mom, you don't really know any different. And you can always opt for an epidural or pain meds if you want to once you are there in the hospital. Whether you are being induced or not I would just plan to focus on the end result of holding that little baby in your arms. You have made it nine months and this is just the very end of it. It will go by faster than you think and be over before you know it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hey there beautiful ladies,

I am due to be induced at 39 weeks on February 2. My due date is not until the 7th however there is some stress on my cervix and my OB can tell I am HIGHLY uncomfortable. I'm just curious if anyone may know any pros and cons of being induced. Or could possibly tell me their experience of being induced. I'm a bit scared because I do not want to risk having a c-section. Any information will help.
    I was induced with my last LO. I regret it 100%. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a terrible experience but I wish I didn't do it. There are many reasons. But to answer your question, risks involved with being induced are; longer labor, increased chance of needing a c section, lower heart rate for you and/or baby, uterine rupture, infection, excess bleeding after delivery, umbilicord issues (umbilical cord prolapse), and premature delivery (since your due date can be of by 2 weeks).