July 2016 Moms
Options

1st tri flashbacks

Hey my Pregnant Sisters!!!
I am leaving my 1st tri and entering my 2nd and just thought Id flash back
I was sick from about week 5 to week 12. I lived on fruit cocktail ginger ale and popsicles until I got some meds thank goodness.
I would wake up with heart burn and eat a popsicle in the middle of the night and rub my tummy :blush:
Looked at the Notebook and cried like a baby HORMONES. Saw my sweet baby for the 1st time and fell in love.
Now I feel him or her getting bigger and feeling a little pouch starting to form.
My journey has just begun!!! What are some of your 1st tri flashbacks?

Re: 1st tri flashbacks

• Options
    I keep thinking back to the shock of seeing two lines on the pregnancy test and having to wait 8 weeks to tell my mom and sister! Then when we saw the baby...seeing it move around all crazy and hear the heartbeat...it was pretty amazing. I'm trying to forget the weeks where I was insanely nauseous :wink: 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just remember saying, "this is so weird" over and over during my first u/s and being totally shocked when i got my first bfp.  It was all so surreal.  

Just hit 2nd tri too, but still sick, and very afraid to stop taking my dicelgis.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My 1st trimester was me in and out of the hospital 2-3 times a week because I couldn't keep anything down and kept getting dehydrated. So much fun. 
  • Options

Just hit 2nd tri too, but still sick, and very afraid to stop taking my diclegis

-------stuck in the box------------

Same here. I forgot to take it last night. I regretted it while throwing up in my classroom toilet this morning...
  • Options

Just hit 2nd tri too, but still sick, and very afraid to stop taking my diclegis

-------stuck in the box------------

Same here. I forgot to take it last night. I regretted it while throwing up in my classroom toilet this morning...
    As a fellow teacher - I feel your pain.  I think i'm waiting until my next appointment and see what they say before I even try.  Never thought the fear of throwing up could be so real.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    haha ohhhh looking back. When I first peed on the stick and saw that faint positive sign. Finally!! So surreal. And seeing our little baby at 8 weeks - just a little blob gummy bear thing. And gagging at everything. That was great. So glad that doesn't happen as much. Another good one ... puking my brains out and peeing what felt like a gallon in my pants several times. I was sick with a GI tract virus like every 2 weeks. I've never been that sick before. This baby is worth it, though ;) 
  • Options
    Feeling like death for so long and seeing the baby move at our NT scan pretty awesome 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Flashbacks...well I threw up and peed myself simultaneously today and I hadn't done that for 6 weeks. Boo. 
  • Options
    Making my husband look at my pee stick to make sure I was reading it right.  Vomitting lots.  Enjoying going for two NT scans so I could see lil baby.  Rejoicing when I got out of first trimester.  Still waiting for the burst of energy though....
  • Options
    I remember the first trimester nausea and vomiting like it was yesterday.

Oh right... That's because I forgot to refill my diclectin prescription and spent all day trying not to vomit on my patients, and all evening at home on the bathroom floor.

Maybe I'll feel nostalgic once I hit 3rd tri...
  • Options
    One thing I won't be forgetting any time soon is these crazy pregnancy dreams that started at about 6 weeks and will probably continue all the way through. Seeing my baby for the first time and it honestly looked like s/he was dancing! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    Worst flashback: going into my OB to have them confirm the SIX HPTs I took, only to have them tell me the test was negative. (Come to find out it was an error on their part, but talk about a scare!)

Best: the first time DH and I saw that little heart beating away on the screen. It was incredible and surreal and amazing!
  • Options
    Worst flashback for me was waiting the 2 weeks my clinic requires after first day of missed period, after I took 3 HPTs.. they said they'd call in a couple hours after I took their test, and I never got a call.. waited all weekend, only to call Monday and find they had lost my phone number. Then trying to find an OB, but that is a long story that makes me crabby. Not to mention the 3+ months of not being able to get off the couch!

Best was telling DH..his reaction was priceless! And seeing our LO for the first time..so amazing.

• Options
    I remember being woken up at butt crack of dawn by DH to take the test then yelling to him that it's negative after looking at it in my barely conscious state. I went back a few hours later to pee and saw the test on the floor so I glanced at it before tossing it in the trash and said out loud "oh shit are those two lines??" I was in disbelief lol 
  • Options
    trucksntutustrucksntutus member
    edited January 2016

Ahhhhh my first trimester was fun. Smooth sailing for the most part, no morning sickness. But I do recall having incredibly sore boobs (ticked me off that I was pregnant to begin with) and being outrageously tired all the time. Pretty much I'd say I slept through the entire thing lol.

Best memory: seeing the heartbeat and LO move around for the first time at my 8 week dating scan. My heart melted!!

Worst: And it's not really "bad" but I recall being incredibly cranky due to being so fatigued.

Image result for jackson april gif baby