Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Crying during bath time?

DS never liked the bath.  When he was 4-5 months he would cry every time we bathed them.  Then I started bathing him with his sister (to save sometime) and it seemed to work for a little bit but then he started up crying every time again.  Now I bathe him by himself and tried everything..warm water, colder water, more water, less water, toys, no toys.  I just don't know what to do anymore.  DD loved the bath from when she was born so just not sure how to handle this.  I mean, he has to grow out of it right?    
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crying during bath time?

• Options
    My first child went through phases of hating the bath. I would just get him in and out quickly and eventually he got over it.
  • Options
    Can you give him a shower? Its not a permanent solution, but it might give you a break from the crying. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man I'm there! Except mine always did well with them, splashing and playing and I'd talk to him and sung to him. He'd always freak out at the end when I was done or nearly done, hated the dry off and being cold and naked I guess. But now at 9 months all of a sudden he's screaming crying as soon as we lower him in!!? It's terrible and I have to time it so that I can nurse him asap to calm back down and go to sleep. Tried dim lighting, playing lullabies, toys, he's just not having it right now :( it's lousy!
  • Options
    My little guy started off hating the bath as a newborn. He now loves it. However, he did go through a point of time where he was crying in the bath and I thought it was just a phase. then I realized that he was crying and fussy because he was tired. I upped his bed time by 30 mins and he hasnt been crying as much since.