Pregnant after a Loss

My pot of gold at the end.

HipshakerHipshaker member
edited January 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
It's been hard to explain to nearly everyone I know what it's like being pgal. The further you are in your pregnancy the less and less understanding there seams to be about your grief from a previous loss and anxiety over your current pregnancy. It a hard road to hoe especially by your lonesome. You ladies have been a well of inspiration to me in dark times. I don't post much but I have followed and have received lost of encougment this past year. My rainbow baby finally made his debute 1/19/16 9lbs. 1oz. It was not the delivery I expectedit was Rough. I had 24 hrs of labor. 20 unmediated, 7natural-13 with pitocin which makes natural labor look like a joke. At hour 20 I opted for an epidural to give me a chance to sleep through the pitocin at the highest dose. Which was heart breaking being a vbac. My blood pressure dropped but it was controlled. The last hour baby stopped tolerating it and I started to develop a fever. So it was time to call it quits. This c-section was a "gentle"one. I actually do have cpd. My babies are to big to descend into my pelvis. Even at the highest dose of pitocin my uterus is stretched so far my contractions couldn't be effective enough to begin to fit him through. It was too long of labor in the end. I never dilated and my cervix never fully effaced. But it was all worth it. I cried because I was so relieved and greatful for this sweet little baby. I also cried for the one I lost and couldn't bring into this world. I know you ladies understand.

Re: My pot of gold at the end.

• Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on the arrival of your rainbow baby!
  • Congratulations, it sounds so emotional and beautiful!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!!
  • Congrats!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congratulations! I'm sorry the delivery was so rough.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Although it wasn't the delivery you expected, I am so happy for you. I'm crying tears of joy! Congratulations! Enjoy that little one!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Congrats on the new sweet baby and we know you will always cherish your sweet one who is watching out for all of you!
  • Congratulations!!! Wonderful news to read! It's one thing I've learned is we can plan and plan and plan... Things will always work out the way they want. Hard to let go of the control. Enjoy every moment with your pot of gold! Get some rest!
  • Beautiful!!!
  • Thanks so much for sharing. I'm sorry you had those tears of sorrow and glad they were of joy, too. You did your best! Glad you and baby made it. He is a beauty!!