Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday!

Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far?

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? 

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? 

Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: August 2014
TTC #1 Since March 2015
Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
SA results normal April 2016
3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
Uterine polyp removed July 2017
Round 1 IVF January 2018

Re: Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday!

• Options
    Win: This will sound cliche but probably my wedding. If I could go back and re-live that day I would do it all the time. 

Wine: He is the most loving and tender hearted man, I can't pick just one thing! 

Whine: Ugh, cleaning the tub/shower... or dishes... or litter boxes... or putting away clothes... or... or.... 
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited January 2016
    Win: Me and H's wedding day, hands down.

Wine: My favorite thing he does is something so small he probably doesn't even realize he's doing it.  I love when we're sitting somewhere (whether at home, the movies, the car, someone else's house) and he rests his hand on my thigh or caresses.  I have no idea why I love this so much but its one of those things that I think is so sweet.

Whine: I hate cleaning the cat's litter box. I also hate scrubbing out the showers.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far? The day DS was born. 

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? When I have a really nasty headache, he'll come over and massage the bridge of my nose and the base of my neck. It's really sweet.

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? All of them! Cleaning the bathroom is probably the most loathsome though.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far? I don't even care if it sounds cliche - my wedding was the most amazing day of my life.  I felt like I was in a dream while we were saying our vows.  

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love?  I wake up first in the morning, and usually after I get out of the shower, I'll crawl back into bed with him and snuggle for a minute.  I love the way he instinctively wraps his arms around me.  He is always touching me - playing with my hair, rubbing my back, copping a feel in public when he thinks people aren't looking - and I really love that about him.  But first thing in the morning is the best.  Something about the way he wraps me up in his arms shows me that he's taking care of me even when he's still 95% asleep.  He's just the best.

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? I do not vacuum.  I don't know why I hate it so much.  I just refuse to do it.
  • Options
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far? Day DS was born/day DS told me he loves DH (his step father)

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? He legitimately takes care of me- physically and mentally. He remembers little things that I've said in passing- like wawa has the best vanilla iced coffee but I have to cut it with the regular because its too sweet. 2 months go by since I said it, more like 6 since I had it, and I was dragging one morning, I go to the copier and come back to the perfect mix sitting on my desk waiting for me. He has more flexibility in his position than me (same company/building, different departments) so he snuck out and got me one :blush: 

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? yes. all of them lol I really hate doing dishes when they've been left overnight without being rinsed and I hate folding laundry, I'll wash and dry, but I hate folding
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    MamaMunnMamaMunn member
    edited January 2016
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far? I have to agree with the cliche answer here. My wedding day hands down. It was everything I ever wanted. 

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? It's the little things really. Sometimes he will do something as simple as grab my favorite candy bar while he's at the grocery store. It makes me smile just because I know he was thinking of me. I also love when he talks about our future. Makes me melt every time. 

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? DISHES. I hate them. Especially the ones you have to wash and cant just throw in the dishwasher. 

ETA: Typos

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far?  I think college graduation. DH and I were only two weeks into our relationship, but we spent it together, our families met each other, and I jumped off the high dive (a real Olympic high dive used in a real Olympics - however many feet up that is) in my graduation gown. DH and family were also there to watch. It was special. And WAY MORE FUN than my wedding which was crazy stressful.  :#

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love?  He cooks! He's our resident cook, and makes 99% of our meals. I love him so. 

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most?  Picking up dog poop in the yard. DH usually does this, but I have the honor of doing it while he's out of town.  When I first started doing it when we got our house, I would put on vinyl gloves and a dust mask to keep out the smell. I have since gotten over that and just do the damn thing, but I still hate it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Win: I can’t think of one that stands out above the rest.  Our wedding was nice but I was stressed and I was honestly glad it when it was over haha.  I guess the one that pops into my head is last week during our first official BD he smiled and said “we’re starting our family”.  Brought tears to my eyes because I didn’t know if I’d ever hear that

Wine: 
    I have to agree with @severmilli12 it’s all the little touches and caresses and hand holding when we’re together.  It calms me.

Whine: Dishes!  DH does most of the cooking so I feel obligated to do the dishes.  I hate when dinner’s over and I’m on the couch and I look over and all the dirty dishes and pots and pans and leftover food are staring back at me

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far? Probably the day my DH came home from an 8 month deployment, I was going through so many health issues while he was gone. Having him back home and safe was the best day of my life.

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? I LOVE when he does chores around the house without having to be asked. Sometimes I feel like I'm carrying all the weight in the cleaning department of our marriage lol so its nice when he helps out without me asking.

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most?  LAUNDRY LAUNDRY LAUNDRY. and dishes....but definitely laundry! I would rather scrub the toilet for an hour than fold/put away clothes.
  • Options
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far?  The day I found out I was pregnant with DD and the day we brought her home.  The actual delivery itself left me a bit drained and sort of detached for a few days.....like...is that thing really mine?

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love?   He tickles my legs while we watch tv every night.  

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? Folding laundry. Hands down. 
    TTC #2- November 2015

• Options
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far? My wedding day. Close second- college graduation. I was first generation college graduate in my immediate family, and my papa came and cried and it was just a gigantic emotional day.

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? When he initiates a fancy dinner date night all on his own

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? Cleaning the shower/bathtub

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options

The day I passed out of my military training and had the parade with my family watching.

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? 

He brings me flowers home every month, he did it today :)

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? Anything relating to the bathroom. ..ugh

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Win: One of the many days when my H and I have been reunited after a long period apart. It's always a really sweet time for us (and the hello-again sex is just great).

Wine: H works up the courage to apologize to me. I know when it's happening and I know what's coming and it's a breath of fresh air when he says it. (Because today has been a long day.)

Whine: Mopping floors. Give me a vacuum or a broom but I run and hide from the mop.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    Win: I'm going to cheat and say the whole week and a half of our honeymoon, it was amazing and perfect. Our wedding was really nice, and everything went well, but being the center of attention had me ridiculously anxious.

Wine: He's just always sweet, always. He takes care of me like I never could have imagined a dude would do for me.

Whine: Definitely cleaning the litter box, doing the dishes is a close second.
    TTGP February Sig Challenge- Valentine's Day Fail:

Me: 25 - DH: 30
    Dating: 5/9/2010
    Married: 5/9/2015
    TTC #1: October 2015

• Options
    Win:  The day DH and I really became friends.  We were casual work "friends" but had an intense training together which afforded me the opportunity to really get to know the real him & not the him he put forth in the office.  That was truly the start of our relationship even though it continued to be nothing more than the best friendship I have ever had for something like 2 years before we actually were actually "dating".

Wine:  He teases me, in a good way.  We have a wonderfully playful relationship.  I love it.

Whine:  Ugh.  I am so blessed to have help with the heavy cleaning at my house every other week now so my list has shortened.  I have to agree with others that the cat box is the WORST.  I once bought someone a gift certificate for a service that would come and clean his cat box every few days.  I kid you not this is a real thing.  It's VERY tempting.   DH has very few jobs around here.  I try to push the box off on him, but so far with very limited success.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far? Same as @PeggyOlsonFTW - The day DS was born.

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? He isn't a sappy person, but every so often something happens that reminds him how important we are to each other or how amazing our family is, and he is pretty eloquent in expressing his happiness.

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? Im really terrible at light pickup. It's like I can deep clean or pickup my immediate mess from dinner or whatever, but doing the 10-15 minutes of just picking up stuff is so hard for me.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Win: the day we moved into our house! it's just so perfect and 'us'. It made us feel (even more) that the one thing missing was a babe!

Wine: He gets up earlier than I do in the morning to let the pooch out and feed her. Oh, and he's picking up some bubbles (wine) on his way home from work now!

Whine: 100% dishes!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    Win: What has been the best day or most memorable day of your life so far? Continuing to be cliche, but totally our wedding day. I loved being surrounded by our friends and family and having the best party ever. 

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? He cooks for me, a lot, which is really big because I had an eating disorder before I met him and really didn't eat much at all. For some reason, I can eat everything that he cooks and none of it is healthy (steaks, shrimp scampi, wings, etc.). So, it's a little more than just the food, but rather the psychology behind it.

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? Well, I pretty much hate it all. Dishes, laundry, etc. But on these cold winter mornings, it's especially tough to get up and walk the dogs (yeah, it's a chore). 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Options
    DCHokiemom DH loves to tickle me...I hate it!!

The day I got my BFP!! After ten months and nearly giving up hope it was so amazing. A close second was our wedding day.

Wine: (It's a stretch but I'm thinking wining and dining?) What something your SO does that you love? He does most of the cooking, nothing fancy and could use some variety, but I don't have to do it.

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? Cleaning the shower. The soap scum takes forever to get off:(

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Options
    Win: @GreatGigInTheWomb, can I also cheat and say our honeymoon? Our wedding was lovely, but the week of relaxing with DH was the best!

Wine: He's so precious on a daily basis. He just always makes sure I feel loved and appreciated. Also, when he lets me fix my plate at dinner first. I don't know why, but this never fails to make me smile. 

Whine: Definitely the dishes. Hopefully my new dishwasher will change that!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Win: Our wedding day? I know it's cliche, but we got married in Ireland and it was truly incredible. 
    Wine: He makes me laugh until my stomach hurts. He also understands that my love language is gifts and will surprise me with a mini shopping spree or a pair of shoes I've been lusting over.
    Whine: Cleaning the floors

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Win: Interesting question.  Probably the day that I moved in to my college which was something like 3,000 miles away from home. 

Wine: Hmmm... I don't know what it says about me that nothing immediately popped into mind!  But probably it would be the way he plays with and cuddles the kitties.

Whine: Vacuuming hurts me the most, so there's that.  But honestly I probably hate scrubbing the shower/tub the most.  I did the former on Monday and am still sore, and I have to do the latter tomorrow...
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    I'm always so late to the game! Damn people making me work too much at...work.

Win:
    The day DS was born.

Wine: Sometimes he will bring me a cup of coffee in bed. I love that.

Whine: I despise laundry - sorting it, washing it, switching it over, folding it, putting it away. DH is awesome enough to do all but the putting away so I only do laundry when he's been working a ton and the situation is desperate.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    I am so indecisive and this is so hard! It is between our wedding day and the day my daughter was born. Another day that is right up there is the day DH told me that he "liked me". I was 18, he was 20. He was still technically dating someone else and I had broken up with my "boyfriend" (asshole) a couple of days before. We were on a rooftop in India at night. (we were there for 2 months together, falling in love) He was able to show me how a real man acted, one who cared about me unselfishly. I was definitely falling hard. And then he told me that. And we talked for hours and hours on the roof and that was basically the end. He was the one. 

Today is a tough day to answer this question. The man has gotten on my nerves today. He really, really loves our daughter. If it was up to him he would just be with her every day. That is the best part about him, especially at this point in our lives. 

Whine: What household chore do you hate the most? 
    Well, I do them all, by myself. So, most of them. Maybe the dishes, but that is mostly because it astounds me how no one else in this freaking house can ever wash a freaking dish. Ugh... living with a messy husband is like taking care of an extra child most days. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Win: the day my son was born, closely followed by my wedding day.

Wine: when I come home from a night shift at work and he has the house spotless and DS in bed, those are good nights :-)

Whine: is all of them an answer? I hate vacuuming, our vacuum is really hard to push and I dread having to get it out.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017