July 2015 Moms
Options

Sitting up

My daughter is 6 months old and not sitting up unassisted. She topples over almost immediately when placed in a sitting position. Does anyone else have a 6 month baby that hasn't reached this milestone either?

Re: Sitting up

• Options
    Yup. Our daughter is a little over 7 months and she doesn't sit up on her unassisted yet. Don't worry, it will happen :) I suggest talking to your pediatrician about it. It is very important that your baby get the muscles that she needs to crawl.
  • Options
    LO was 6 months on the 10th and will sit up unassisted for about 10 seconds. Once he loses his balance, he usually topples over. It's still early for LO to reach this milestone, especially if they're on the smaller side.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our little ones are about the same age and he topples over too! Don't worry too much, they'll get there on their own time!
  • Options
    Practice practice practice. My little girl turned 5 months dec 23rd and we really started working on sitting up with her. Mainly just putting her in between our legs for support to play, moved to a bobby after a few days. It took a couple weeks for her to gain strength to move forward for a toy, and even longer for going to the side, but by about 5 months 3 weeks old she was completely unassisted and loves it!
  • Options
    I agree with pp if baby is ready and wants to sit up. Our LO would fuss and cry if you laid her down, did crunches to try and sit up. I would have to sit her up and support her all day long otherwise she'd be upset. I used the bumbo all the time and also would put her between my legs and let her play. A month in and she's really good at sitting. She still topples over every now and then when grabbing a toy to the side but she'll get there.