Success after IF

My Success Story (after six looooong years!)

Hello Ladies!

I'm so excited to have something so positive to share!  I am 33 years old and I have been trying to conceive for 6 years.  After what felt like 100 tests (and nothing found abnormal) we continued on to do 6 rounds of Clomid, 4 rounds of IUI, Chinese acupuncture, 2 Tinksures from a naturopath and every other remedy I could find available naturally.  (too many to even name).

We had completely given up and decided to just be happy with the family we have (we have one almost 13-year old daughter).  We had started changing our long term plans.  (Perhaps moving downtown into a high rise rather than a house in suburbia etc).  Christmas morning I was complaining to my husband that I didn't feel well and my breasts were just soooo sore.  I saw the look on his face and it just hit me.  After a confirmed pharmacy test (plus a boxing day walk in clinic dr confirmation because I just COULDNT believe it LOL) we got our Christmas miracle!  After all of that it just happened out of the blue all on its own? 

I am just over 10 weeks pregnant.  I had my first ultrasound yesterday and everything looks good!  My doctor is treating me as high risk just to be safe and we are just over the moon with excitement.  (and shock....)

I lost my father back in June and I like to think he had something to do with this.  Especially with finding on Christmas like that.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  :)

Anyway, thank you for letting me share my story over my cup of morning joe...

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Re: My Success Story (after six looooong years!)

• I don't belong on this board, but I peek - congratulations, that's wonderful!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since April 2012

Year 1 - nothing

Year 2 - two m/c

Year 3 - unexplained diagnosis & 4 failed IUIs with Clomid/Letrozole

Year 4 - still unexplained & 3 failed IUIs with Follistim & Ovidral

Year 5 - trying on our own

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats! Do you mind sharing what you did different that cycle?