Multiples

15mo dd, expecting twins

Hey all, I'm new to this board. I just posted the below on my August board before I found this one. Any tips, advice, encouraging words would be great :)

Y'all I'm freaking out. We just had our 8 wk ultrasound this morning and it's twins! We already have a 15mo and I was adamant about only having 1 more. Now I'm going to have 3 UNDER 2. Anyone here in the same boat or has already had twins and can tell me everything will be ok??? Lol I'm so grateful for any baby that I'm blessed with but wow, my head is spinning. I've always looked at moms of twins and thought to myself wow you go girl, I just couldn't imagine.

Now here I am, gonna be that "supermom" that I've seen in every other mama of multiples, and it's so scary!

Re: 15mo dd, expecting twins

• I have an almost 18 month old son and I'm due mid May with twins. I very much only wanted two kids. I'll have three under two for a month and a half, still kinda freaking out.
  • No advice (yet) but our twins are scheduled to arrive just 11 days after our DD first birthday! We will actually have 3 under 1.5! It still makes me a bit anxious to see how everything will work out but at almost 33w pregnant, I have started to accept this as our new normal.

You can do this momma!

Ella Rose

1/17/15 born via IVF w/ ICSI

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations - Same here, never planned to have 3, but the LORD had other plans for me and my family. I have a 5yr old and due in June with twins. I have days were I still cant wrap my head around transitioning from 1 to 3 children. Best wishes for you, and hope all goes well with your pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were planning to have just one more as well and are being blessed with two. Counting my stepdaughter who is not with us all the time this will be 4 and 5. Our youngest is 1 1/2 so three under 2 for us as well. It's going to be tough I'm sure, but we'll be okay. Mamas make it happen.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like my family. My twin sisters were due 11 days after my 1st birthday, but came a month early so my mom had 3 under 1 for just a month! :) we loved being so close in age growing up, and even more now that we are having babies of our own- ironically im the sister who's having twins! I just can't escape the twin life :) these are my first though.

It will be crazy for a while but you can do it!
  • @tarala my comment was in reply to you!
  • Thank you for this positivity! I am still holding on at 35+2 and my DD will be 1 on Sunday. It would be interesting if they all shared a birthday.

So awesome to hear how close the 3 of you are, as that's what our hope is!

Ella Rose

1/17/15 born via IVF w/ ICSI

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• You're going to be great! I think having twins is the most incredible experience and opportunity. It's chaos and fun at the same time. I wouldn't trade it for anything, and I have no doubt that you'll feel the same way. You're going to have the most perfect family. Congrats, mama!

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• Congrats on the shocking but wonderful news!!! I've been there girl! My twin boys are 10 months & I also have a 3 year old boy. It's a wild ride but it goes SO fast!!! 
  • My oldest and twins are 23 months apart. I won't lie-those first 6 months were a lot of work. They're now almost 4 and newly 2, and the best of friends. You can and will handle this just fine. :). Find a local twin moms club-those ladies were my biggest support and advice givers.
    BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16

• You'll be fine:)
    My DD was 16 mo when the triplets were born
    4under17 mos
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! I am also due in August with twins! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations! I'm expecting twin boys this fall and will have 3 under 18 months!!? Can't quite wrap my mind around the logistics of actually getting out or accomplishing anything, but I'm really excited to see them all grow up together and be best buds. We can do this!