August 2016 Moms
Options

We're having a ......

Has anyone started a " we're having a....... "thread ??(or am I blind and can't find it lol) I know some of us know already from our genetic bloodwork.

Re: We're having a ......

• Options
    I procrastinated so I am finding out Feb 7 via bloodwork :D
    Married 09/2014
    BFP #1 11/19/15 | DS 07/16/2016
    BFP #2 09/03/17 | EDD 05/17/2018
  • Options
    Maybe we should just add them to the due date list.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lgem4  I second your suggestion that it be it's own sticky!  I don't think most people will think to add it to the due date list so having it's own thread would be nice. 

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    For the genetic blood work, is that something you can request or is it a test they do?  I don't remember them doing it with DS.
    Me - 27, DH - 32

EDD #1 3/30/13 - MC 8/24/12
    EDD #2 12/28/2013 - MC 05/01/2013
    EDD #3  07/06/2014  DS 7/8/14
    EDD#4  08/22/2016
  • Options
    I've been waiting for one also. It will be fun to see everyone's post and to share mine which I already have in ultra sound and my last post lol.
  • Options
    @TX126  What is the genetic testing actually looking for?

Pregnancy20ticker

• Options
    The one I did looks for the most common chromosomal abnormalities - specifically Down Syndrome, Edwards Syndrome, Patau Syndrome - and for sex chromosome abnormalities, like Turner syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome, and XYY or XXX syndrome.  Progenity offers other tests, too, but this was the one I had done, along with a genetic carrier screening for things like cystic fibrosis.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For those of you who have had this test done, how do they do the test? Is it dangerous? I have heard of it but I don't know much about it.
  • Options
    calikye90 said:
    For those of you who have had this test done, how do they do the test? Is it dangerous? I have heard of it but I don't know much about it.
    I was offered the "counsyl" informed pregnancy screen test, it is a NON-invasive blood test. they just took like 3 samples and I am still waiting on my results. I should have them no later than next wed the 3rd. it is covered by my insurance, but you can still request it and pay out of pocket if your insurance doesn't cover it.
    BabyFetus Ticker

6th pregnancy, 4th baby

BFP 12/08/2015

Beta #1 12/08/2015 (3097)

Beta #2 12/11/2015 (6033)

• Options
    Mine was a blood test, too.  Took 3 vials and that was it :smile: .  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @karaszoo1 I know what you mean when they told me we know the gender would you like to know. My heart was pounding so hard lol I said yes and IT'S A GIRL!!! LOL I'm just so happy but like I said I'm high risk but couldn't resist. With my boys I would always look at the girl clothes and just wish one day lol besides the girl clothes are so much better. My boss found out we were having a girl and she said oh good lol she said I couldn't imagine another boy for you knowing you wanted a girl. But everything we have been through really it wouldn't have mattered as long as baby was healthy. I have had four boys lost two we have two all same dad and he has a daughter from previous relationship. So this news was great. As soon as April comes I think I'll be in the clear and be like you buying everything in sight. How exciting congrats to you.
  • Options
    For those that have found out already. What was your initial heartbeat. We do find out Feb 15. I keep thinking it's a boy. Out heart rate was 121 the first time
  • Options
    @Nicci2189 you can't tell by the heartbeat. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @nicci2189 boy my boys were in 130s.this baby girl is running 166 .of course old wives tale but hey who knows.....lol ur 50/50 shot of being right 
  • Options
    blood test results came back yesterday- i'm having a boy.  not gonna lie, i was crestfallen.  after being told by the perinatologist that it looked like a girl, i had my hopes pretty high.  now my girl name will have to wait another couple of years.
  • Options
    So excited for all of you gals who have found out the sex already! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just got the call yesterday! Passed all tests with flying colors so we are right on track with a healthy baby GIRL!!  We have one boy and two girls, so this will be our third girl! Lol were so happy
    BabyFetus Ticker

6th pregnancy, 4th baby

BFP 12/08/2015

Beta #1 12/08/2015 (3097)

Beta #2 12/11/2015 (6033)

• Options
    good luck, i hope your NIPT goes perfectly.
    but tbh i'm not going to continue quibbling about the perceived semantics of quantifying how disappointed i am allowed to be- it's a pointless squabble. i didn't intend to offend or upset anyone by mentioning i was hoping for a girl.
  • Options
    Well, while we were initially told we were "all clear" from the genetic tests, I got a call on Friday that the tests show I'm a carrier for cystic fibrosis.  Now DH has to get blood work to see if he, too, is a carrier.  If so, baby has a 25% of having cystic fibrosis.  Praying and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that DH comes back not a carrier so I don't have to worry about an amnio, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @TX126 I hope the results for your DH come back negative!

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I haven't experienced a loss. I cannot imagine. I know many things can be triggers. However, I don't think feeling disappointed about gender should be shamed when so many people deal with this. It can take time and that's okay. I know you're happy baby is healthy, and it's ok and normal to feel disappointed. At the same time, try not to be offended by a reaction by somebody who was genuinely triggered. You may have felt attacked, but I'm sure they are just dealing with their fear and sadness which is totally understandable. Getting others perspective is always a good thing. It can really make you reevaluate your own feelings and attitudes and how sometimes we can say something so genuinely innocent, and still manage to effect others so negatively. Hope you can come to terms soon!!! I've seen this a ton of times!
  • Options
    I haven't found out what my baby is but the heart beat is 180. Which people have told me since it's higher it's a girl but I have no idea 

• Options
    @TX126 keeping everything crossed for you that DH's screen comes back negative. Keep us posted. 
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.