February 2016 Moms
Options

Plus sized pregnant mommies

CedesSunshineCedesSunshine member
edited January 2016 in February 2016 Moms
Have any of my BBW mommies been told their labor would be induced due to obesity or being over weight?

Best Answer

Re: Plus sized pregnant mommies

• Options
    Not me, I am going to attempt a VBAC assuming I go into labor on my own otherwise I have to have a repeat c-section due to gestational diabetes but my doctor never said anything about my weight.

I think if my doctor told me that, I would be looking/meeting with other doctors. I have never heard of that. At least get a second opinion.
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope, my OB hasn't said a word about induction. The only thing he said was at our first appointment when we talked about weight gain goals was that being overweight has a higher chance of c-section.

I agree with PP and would get a second opinion if that's what they are suggesting.
  • Options
    My ex sister-in-law was 5'3" and around 300 pounds with each of hers. She did not have to have a c-section with either of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

My ex sister-in-law was 5'3" and around 300 pounds with each of hers. She did not have to have a c-section with either of them.

That's awesome! I wasn't trying to say that people have to get c-sections, just that my OB said there is a higher risk of having one of you are overweight so he was trying to lower my risk by giving me a lower weight gain goal because of my starting weight. I hope it didn't come off that way!

But he has said nothing about having to be induced because of my weight.
  • Options
    SU1989 said:
    That's awesome! I wasn't trying to say that people have to get c-sections, just that my OB said there is a higher risk of having one of you are overweight so he was trying to lower my risk by giving me a lower weight gain goal because of my starting weight. I hope it didn't come off that way! But he has said nothing about having to be induced because of my weight.
    Chalk this up to pregnancy brain. I meant to say that she did not need to be induced with either of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat I love pregnancy brain. Haha
  • Options
    Nope. My doctor hasn't said anything about my weight. Blood pressure has been perfect throughout. I would be shocked if it was brought up unless something drastically changes and it would be for LO's or my health.

Pregnancy Ticker