Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Introduction **warning loss mentioned)

Hi, there. I've been lurking here on the bump and I am brand new to posting, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

So I'm 29 years old and been married 1 1/2 years. My DH and I began TTC back in August and got a BFP our first month trying. We were SO excited. Shortly after our first OB appointment at the end of September, we found out that my progesterone levels were extrememly low, putting us in the high risk category for miscarriage. I was devastated. I tried at that point to prepare myself for possible impending loss. My DH was extremely upset with me, and told me I was being too negative and that I shouldn't worry. We had our ultrasound 2 days later and we had a healthy heart beat-- I let myself get hopeful and excited. I was started on progesterone, and was feeling positive. 1 week later, I discovered I was spotting a little bit. I called my OB right away and they sent me for an ultrasound. When we got there, and the ultrasound tech insisted on getting the radiologist, I knew something was wrong. She came and told us there was no longer a heartbeat. I lost it. DH was also crying-- something I had only seen him do when his father passed. After discussing with my OB, we decided to see if the miscarriage would happen naturally. After a few days, nothing had happened so she prescribed Misoprostol. I had really heavy bleeding and ended up in the ER. While I was there, they had to remove tissue that was stuck by hand. It was most awful physical pain I have ever experienced. 

Now DH and I are TTC again, this past month was the first time trying. I let myself get excited because I thought AF was late-- turns out my cycle decided to go long (8 days later than normal) this month. AF arrived yesterday morning-- about 5 minutes after seeing a coworker's facebook announcement of her second pregnancy (her first child is 6 months old). I don't begrudge her this baby-- but I can't help myself from feeling incredibly jealous. I spent the whole day crying and feeling like a total jerk!

As anxious as I am to become pregnant again, I'm equally anxious about being pregnant again. I worry that my next one will end suddenly and sadly. I don't know how to move on and get positive. I also find myself being incredibly pissed off at DH for continually telling me to stop being negative. I want to scream at him "something awful happened-- how the hell am I supposed to feel"!? Any one else struggling with this?

Re: Introduction **warning loss mentioned)

• Sorry for your loss. I understand the frustration and fear. Sounds like your husband is just trying to help, but doesn't know how. ( think telling someone just to smile when they are not in a good mood) or maybe he is struggling with being positive as well, so he needs you to be. Whatever the reason is, talk it through. Get on the same page, before moving on to the next step. Grief is such a strange animal, there is no one way to get through it. Good luck to you.
  • I get where you are coming from about the anxiety. We had a miscarriage after trying for our 2 nd for 14 months. I don't know how I feel about even trying again. My dh doesn't even want to try and he keeps talking like we have made a final decision on the issue which we haven't. I know that our husbands are grieving as well. I think that they have a hard time showing it and feel like they have to help keep us together as well. Talking about it with each other helps even if you may not be on the same page.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • (LOSS MENTIONED) You have every right to be anxious and worried...there will not be a lot to help you with that other than the hope of being pregnant soon and knowing this pregnancy is totally different than the last one.  I heard somewhere that your chances of a miscarriage go down after you have had one.  I had a miscarriage my first pregnancy in 2000 and went on to have two more babies, another MC, two more babies and lastly, my angel baby Griffin born at 27 weeks (he's waiting for us in Heaven).
    Of course you will worry and want to do everything you can to make this a healthy pregnancy but the best advice I can offer is to slowly come to the realization that once you have had intercourse, there is not a lot you can do. I don't mean that living healthy and taking vitamins won't be good for the baby, just that what goes on with the cells and makeup of your baby is mostly out of your control.
    Look forward to being pregnant and be so grateful and happy every day you are! As long as that sweet LO is in your belly, he/she is your baby and you are doing everything you can to give them the best chance at life.  You can do it!
  • hi @decoycandy  I think you right about my husband not knowing what to say. I sat down and had a long conversation with him last night.  Thank you for the well wishes :)
  • @PregsterDD  I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, and your anxiety. I hope you and your husband are able to find some common ground on this, when you're ready. 
  • @Lovefor5inID I'm so sorry to hear about your losses but glad to hear your happy stories as well!

You make a good point- once the deed is done, there isn't anything I can except wait and see. I will do my best to look forward to being pregnant, regardless of the potential outcome. Thank you :)
  • I sprinkle you with baby dust, enjoy the journey and cry when you need it.  I have well wishes for you as well!
  • @Lovefor5inID - quick heads up - use the term "baby dust" is typically frowned upon in these forums - it can be a triggering term especially for those who have had a late term loss and cremated their child. It wasn't something I thought of before I read it somewhere on these boards - so I'm 99% certain your mistake is an honest one - and so I'm letting you know. I figure it can be hard to know unless someone tells you in as kind a way as they can.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ummm...ok....my apologies...I of course did not mean it like that...I meant it how it used in other forums, has showering  one with positive and hopeful wishes of a healthy pregnancy and baby.  I would hope people would not think I meant that....that's morbid.  I appreciate your comment but I am not sure anyone else would have taken it like that-that's dark...in case anyone did, I apologize sincerely.  Well wishes to all!
  • @Lovefor5inID - it may be morbid and dark, but that is the place that some of us are in. There have been several posts on this topic, it isn't just something I came up with and it isn't something that I realized before joining this community. Here is a forum with some thoughts on the topic - https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12602686/baby-dust-a-poll-trigger-warning
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker