February 2016 Moms

Girdles, body shapers, spanx

Hi ladies I was reading that it is really good to get a body shaper or something of the sort after delivery to help snap things back into place. Is there a certain brand to get? Does this work any STM+ try this?

Re: Girdles, body shapers, spanx

• No idea but I heard the same thing and I'm tempted to give it a go
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've heard this too and splurged on a Bellefit. That's the most popular one I've seen but I know there are tons of options out there. Check Pinterest for recommendations, and Amazon for reviews!

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• Loading the player...
  • I got the bellybandit because of all the rave reviews and my friends who swear by it. Hoping it works!
  • I ordered a bellefit this time to try. They had a good sale around Christmas. I also liked the fact that users say it gave them better back support and I have a bad back
  • I was given a belly bandit.... Just curious how soon after you deliver that you wear it?
  • @RHrebien my friend swore by hers, she starting wearing it while still in the hospital
  • I got a baby wearing thing called nesting days. It's a carrier and shaper in one! Good for skin to skin in the early days. You wear it like a shirt and the baby tucks into it. Read about it on Lucies list, which is a cute baby blog/ website btw. It's from a small company in San Francisco. Looking forward to trying it out!
  • @xokateox I just read something about that today. But I got a moby wrap for the shower which I def plan on using now I'm torn
  • I have a belly bandit; I used one my last pg and it worked great! I started using it right after I got home from the hospital. I also have a hip shrinker, those work too!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RHrebien said:

I was given a belly bandit.... Just curious how soon after you deliver that you wear it?

I'm using a belly bandit too. You can use it right after birth.

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• @RHrebien mine is packed in my hospital bag! Plan to start wearing it asap (hoping it actually fits!).
  • Those of you that have used it, what do you like about it? Does it provide support or is it more for fitting into your clothes sooner?

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
  • Really interested to hear reviews. Do they REALLY work or is it all in the head?
  • @OctoberStars I felt like it definitely gave me support and helped my stomach to heal faster (I had a c/s). I didn't have any expectations of fitting back into clothing faster but it helped with that which was a perk! The hip shrinker did more for me in that area though.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used the belly bandit with my last child and starter wearing it as soon as I got home...it really helps compress the uterus, while providing back support. I didn't wear under clothes when traveling out of the house...it was bulky and bumpy. Rather I chose a body shaping tank top.If I remember correctly, you aren't supposed to wear all day, so the baby holding wraps, etc. are compatible. Looking forward to using again. Highly recommended!
  • ambdtbambdtb member
    edited January 2016
    My prenatal yoga instructor / doula recommends faja wraps. They're simple fabric peices to wrap around. I think I will probably buy one.
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(
  • eagleapkeagleapk Newbie
    edited July 2022
    Worn under clothes, you can alter how you look to give you the confidence you need to wear even your most daring outfit. But they aren't magic wands. Once you take the shapewear off your body is still the same underneath. So while shapewear might flatter your body, it can't change it permanently.