February 2016 Moms
Options

Hip/Joint Pain

I have a severe issue with my hip/ joint where the leg meets the pelvis. It's constantly popping in and out of place. DS head is in my pelvis and the pressure makes it nearly impossible to keep that joint in tact.

This has caused extreme sensitivity on that side/hip when I walk, sit, stand, lay down, or do anything. I am certain I've pulled the muscles/ligaments that hold that joint together.

Ice makes it tighter and more sore whereas heat loosens it up more and causes it to pop out again.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on pain relief? I'm desperate.

-Note: I have called my doctor and asked about it but he suggested the ice/heat. I called again and he wants to see me but can't fit me in until Thursday. I'm not expecting medical advice just some suggestions if anyone has experienced this themselves. Something to get me through until Thursday. Thanks.

Re: Hip/Joint Pain

• Options
    Have you been to the chiropractor? You might find some relief if you have a couple of adjustments done? I know it's helped me a lot and I have hip/joint pain as well
  • Options
    I second seeing the chiropractor. I see mine at least once a week and sometimes twice. I wouldn't have made it this far in my pregnancy without him.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your doctor won't be able to do anything for you... The only thing that will "fix" it is delivery and your ligaments tightening up. I agree with the chiro recommendation. I went to one last time, and need to get in this time (thank you for reminding me to call!). it won't fix it altogether (again, only delivery will), but it can help get things re-aligned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Chiro has been helping me too. My dr offered a PT consult at my last visit and I turned him down because I'd recently started chiro, but I actually think I'm going to start seeing PT too.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm having pelvic pain and hip issues as well and the things that bring temporary relief are the chiro, swimming (slowly and carefully, with a kick board. Sometimes I just bob around a bit if actual swimming is uncomfortable. But the weightlessness helps relieve pain and pressure.) And gentle yoga once a week really does wonders for me, and I notice a huge difference when I have to skip a week.
  • Options
    I had minor bilateral hip bursitis prior to getting pregnant, and the pregnancy has made it totally worse! I've been going to PT and it's been helping a lot. I definitely agree with the prior replies about chiro, yoga, or PT... good luck!
    S/P L salpingo-oophorectomy w/ septic torsion 1999, dx moderate to severe Crohn's dz 2004. DH S/P hypospadic sx w/ multiple subsequent scar tissue removals, S/P herniorrhaphy. Married on 10/7/2006! TTC since May 2011; abnormal SA #1, better SA #2, normal HSG 7/2012, dx MFI/ low egg count, IUI! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ty all. I tried some yoga but it hurt too bad and I got stuck at one point. So I'll try that again maybe after seeing a chiropractor and getting adjusted. I have to see my regular doc first for a referral. So I just gotta deal until I can be seen. :/ Thanks for the suggestions though!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, last month I was miserable with SI Joint pain (back hip area) on my left side. It caused a severe limp and crying while walking our dog. I went to the chiropractor three times, much to no avail. During the third visit, he tried someone else on me which caused me to breakdown in sobs due to the tremendous pain. He was pretty much at a loss. I kept thinking, if I can handle this, I'll certainly be able to handle natural childbirth ;-). Anyway, I researched and it's caused by our hormones pumping out relaxant which allows our joints to loosen in order to accommodate childbirth- I'm sure you know that. During my research I found this belt which has helped many women with the same issue. Thank god for Amazon prime because it showed up my doorstep two days later and I've been wearing it since. My pain has dropped from a 9 down to a 2 and my limp has drastically decreased. I've even been able to get back to my prenatal yoga classes.

I'm not sure if it's a combo of the chiropractor & the belt, relaxing over the holidays and trying to take it easy (not normal for me), just the belt, or just a frickin miracle, but I'm not longer miserable and in constant pain. I strongly advise getting the belt. 

Best of luck and I really feel for you. I hope it gets better real soon! xo